Rising Star
BGOL Investor
THIS GUY!!!!!!!
8d5ad714929c31b400adbe73e8800b32.jpg
he's already Spawn

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
The only two actors that could replace Wes to me would be Michael Jai White as somebody just showed(and was rumored in the past to be a replacement) and my personal pick....Idris Elba. I was convinced he'd make a great Blade after I saw him in Ghost Rider 2 but he's already spoken for in the Thor movies.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
I can believe Jamie.....I need Boyega to age some more first. I never would've thought of Jamie but that's actually a smart choice.

He can look the part but once Jamie starts trying to talk all tough like Blade would I'd laugh (imo) and besides the nigga don't know Kung-Fu lol.

That means a bunch of jump cuts and incomprehensible fight sequences to make up for his lack of martial arts training.

Jamie doesn't do too many of them hand 2 hand combat type movies.

Snipes is one of those last actors of his era that have all the goods of a complete action star with real martial arts training who can still be block buster.

Otherwise Snipes and the rest of them are in those cheap ass straight to DVD action flicks.

william busa

Rising Star
Registered
Man, fuck sticky hand, or finger or whatever the fuck he go by. Aint but one muddafuckin Blade, and that's Wesley Sniper Snipes. That corney ass tv series only lasted for one season for a reason: it was wickedy wickedy wickedy WACK!

Reactions: Jae

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The only two actors that could replace Wes to me would be Michael Jai White as somebody just showed(and was rumored in the past to be a replacement) and my personal pick....Idris Elba. I was convinced he'd make a great Blade after I saw him in Ghost Rider 2 but he's already spoken for in the Thor movies.
Shit if all they gonna do is give him 2 minutes in every Thor movie then they might as well write him ouT of those movies and give him a bigger character.

He can look the part but once Jamie starts trying to talk all tough like Blade would I'd laugh (imo) and besides the nigga don't know Kung-Fu lol.

That means a bunch of jump cuts and incomprehensible fight sequences to make up for his lack of martial arts training.

Jamie doesn't do too many of them hand 2 hand combat type movies.

Snipes is one of those last actors of his era that have all the goods of a complete action star with real martial arts training who can still be block buster.

Otherwise Snipes and the rest of them are in those cheap ass straight to DVD action flicks.

Man don't none of the actors do they own stunts. That's not gonna be why I don't get a actor. Jamie can act. I need a actor first the. A action star.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Shit if all they gonna do is give him 2 minutes in every Thor movie then they might as well write him ouT of those movies and give him a bigger character.

Man don't none of the actors do they own stunts. That's not gonna be why I don't get a actor. Jamie can act. I need a actor first the. A action star.
But thats what im saying with Wesley you get both. Someone who can act and kick ass.

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OH if Wesley is down to do it then I'm cool with Wesley. I thought they were trying to reboot the franchise or some shit with new people.

Wes is 55 years old though. It's not like we're gonna get the 1998 version of Blade, jumping around, wiping out vampires at blood raves and what not.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wes is 55 years old though. It's not like we're gonna get the 1998 version of Blade, jumping around, wiping out vampires at blood raves and what not.
Shiddddddd why not. Harrison Ford still Indiana Jones lol and Bruce Willis still doing action movies.

Jae

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah i hate that hes in that trash ass role. He desrves a headline role, not that sidekick bs.
I remember thinking why he wasnt in black panther in some way, since hes the "go to" for us right now.
Then i remembered it would conflict with his Thor nonsense.

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shiddddddd why not. Harrison Ford still Indiana Jones lol and Bruce Willis still doing action movies.

And it's embarrassing to watch them. Every time I see Harrison Ford run, I'm hoping he doesn't fall and break a hip. Same thing goes for Liam Neeson. Also, Blade came out before a lot of these young moviegoers were even born. Wesley Snipes and the character means little to them.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And it's embarrassing to watch them. Every time I see Harrison Ford run, I'm hoping he doesn't fall and break a hip. Same thing goes for Liam Neeson. Also, Blade came out before a lot of these young moviegoers were even born. Wesley Snipes and the character means little to them.
Wesley is in alot better shape than they are too.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wesley Snipes Didn't Know Blade Was Almost Whitewashed

Blade
star Wesley Snipes didn’t know the studio considered whitewashing the character during development. Blade is commonly considered to be the movie that kicked off the current comic book movie craze. Blade was based on a cult, B-list Marvel character who hunts vampires, with the movie reinventing him as a human/vampire hybrid with high tech weapons. The movie also featured great action sequences, a fresh take on the vampire myth and some fun supporting characters, like Blade’s crusty human partner Whistler.

Blade became an unexpected smash, leading to other studios greenlighting projects like X-Men and Spider-Man. The movie itself received two sequels, with some feeling Guillermo del Toro’s Blade II actually surpasses the original, and 2004’s Blade: Trinityinstantly killing the series. Trinity was a famously troubled production, starting life as a post-apocalyptic adventure where Blade has to save the human race from extinction before budget cuts forced it to become Blade Vs Dracula. Snipes hated the changes and clashed constantly with director David S. Goyer, with many of his scenes being shot with a stand-in instead.

Wesley-Snipes-as-Blade-in-the-nightclub-fight.jpg

Goyer also served as the screenwriter for the first two Blade movies, and in a recent EWarticle on the first movie, he revealed an executive at the studio actually asked if the character could be white. Goyer shot that notion down, and it turns out even Snipes hadn’t heard about this studio note, as he revealed in an interview with Yahoo!:

I was not aware. I think I heard that from the article but I wasn’t aware that that was part of the history. Hollywood! Can you imagine the creative individual who thought of that?

The fact the idea of whitewashing Blade was considered - no matter how briefly - is pretty disappointing. Blade’s background is an integral part of the character, so giving the role to a white actor in some misguided attempt to be more commercial would have been a huge mistake. Thankfully, it doesn’t seem like the concept got very far. Whitewashing has become a much bigger issue in recent years - as seen by the controversy's that greeted last year's Ghost in the Shell, for example - but its hard to imagine this change would have been well-received back in 1998 either.

Blade is also seen as a precursor to the success of Marvel’s Black Panther, and it turns out Snipes spent years developing a Black Panther movie for himself. The slow development on that project led to him taking on Blade instead, and while he tried to mount the movie again after Blade’s success, it never escaped development hell. There don’t appear to be any plans for a future Blade movie at the moment, but Snipes has said more than once he’d be game to revisit the role if approached.

MORE: WESLEY SNIPES STILL 'VERY MUCH OPE

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wesley Snipes Teases Two Upcoming Projects In Blade Universe

Wesley Snipes continues to tease a future appearance as Blade, either as a continuation or even in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Although Marvel Studios receives plenty of credit for kicking off this current age of superhero movies, they were hardly the first. The success of the original X-Men trilogy and Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy both made it possible, but neither of those would've happened without the success of Blade in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Snipes made three appearances as the vampire hero, but fans of his portrayal continue to want more.

As a result of the fan-favorite status of Snipes' Blade, his hypothetical future arises on a yearly basis. For many years Snipes has remained open to the idea of returning, but the decision is squarely in Marvel's hands. And, with Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios crafting a cinematic universe, they haven't done a one-off film or something outside of the MCU in a decade. Whether it comes in the MCU or as a continuation of the Blade trilogy, Snipes is now teasing a few projects are in the works.

VICE interviewed Wesley Snipes as part of a profile on it being 20 years since he first played the character of Blade, and they couldn't help but ask about a possible future. Their question was specifically in regards to Blade 4, and while Snipes didn't get specific on what is being discussed, multiple projects are in the works according to him. He specifically mentions Marvel needing to square things away on their end before Blade makes his return.

There are a lot of conversations going around right now and we’re very blessed to have the enthusiasm and interest in something coming from that world again. We’ve created two projects that fit perfectly into this world and, when people see them, I think they’re only going to have a problem with deciding which one they love the most.

All the main execs [at Marvel] and my team, we’ve been discussing for the past two years. Everyone’s enthusiastic about it, everybody gets it. But they got a business to run and they gotta square the things that they gotta figure out before they can get to it, I guess. In the meantime, we got a business to run and our own slate of things to do so…

But the next time you see something in [the Blade universe], mark my words: what we did before is child’s play compared to what we can do now.

Unlike previous comments from Snipes about a willingness to return, these quotes specifically mention two ideas that they're developing. It isn't clear what exactly these projects are. These could be two separate ideas they can pitch Marvel and then do whichever one they prefer. There's also a chance that they're tied together, effectively making them Blade 4 and Blade 5. However, he does mention projects, and not specifically movies, so maybe one of their ideas takes Blade to the small screen, as many have long hoped he'd find his way to Netflix.

Even though Snipes is directly referring to something in the Blade universe, could one of their projects actually be part of the MCU? If Marvel and Snipes' team have been discussing something for two years, it at least shows an interest from the company. He doesn't specifically say Marvel Studios, but if you're Snipes or part of his team, why wouldn't you want to work with the biggest running franchise? A new Blade movie that takes place in the MCU that also brings Snipes back would instantly make countless fans ecstatic. But, there's been no real movement on a Blade film from Marvel Studios in years, so only time will tell if Snipes gets a chance to play Blade again.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
I still say if Westley had done Black Panther it would have been successful. They can do him like they doing Batman/Spiderman multiverse etc.