Music Class: Fugees – Ready Or Not (Salaam's Ready For The Show Remix) Update: REUNION TOUR CANCELLED! Pras diss track?

prospect

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Peace,

Also, both Lauren's and Wyclef's first solo albums were better than the Score. The Score is a highly overrated album.

I don't know about that one.... I would say wyclef's 1st album and Lauren's were great follow ups after the score. I wasn't a fan of Pras' album. I am a big fan of John Forte as a lyricist but wasn't diggin Polysci.

I def want to hear why you think The Score was overrated though.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Same thing I thought. YOu better babysit the hell out of that woman. Get her make-up and all that down to the concert hall the day before and pick her up 5 hours before the show - personally. Shit, when I was a kid I never saw the beginning of any movie. Every time it came on TV I'd be like..."I don't remember this.......oh, now I do." My dad was late for EVERY movie we ever saw, just like Lauryn
2znom4w.jpg

3Re3dh.jpg

Damn Right

Rising Star
Registered
wyclef, bill clinton, george bush, unicef and dozens of other charities raped haiti...

only difference is clef raped his own people in the $xx,000,000 range and Clinton/ Bush and others raped ppl they knew they could get over on in the $xx,xxx,xxx,xxx range.

$13billion went into Haiti relief. I'm guessing that's enough to build housing and infrastructure for every family on the entire island, no?

'raping' Haiti implies looting public coffers of tax money ponied up by the populace then leaving the country. that ain't what happened. if u collect charitable funds then a portion of those funds must be used toward charitable operations. another percentage must go to keeping the charitable organization running. the question is how much of a percentage went to the charitable works and how much went to the charitable organization?

that's always the question

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
You niggas ain't about to sit here and act like Wyclef was innocent! I mean, God Damn!!

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
'raping' Haiti implies looting public coffers of tax money ponied up by the populace then leaving the country. that ain't what happened. if u collect charitable funds then a portion of those funds must be used toward charitable operations. another percentage must go to keeping the charitable organization running. the question is how much of a percentage went to the charitable works and how much went to the charitable organization?

that's always the question

With all the money raised and all the people over there still in poverty it was clearly enough

That's not even up for debate

Damn Right

Rising Star
Registered
the red cross built 6 houses (six!) in the 5 years after raising $500m for Haiti. thats 1 example of how alot of the nonprofits (big and small) got down...

there's a million articles about how bush and clinton teamed up to get down out there...

specifically on wyclef...

right. but u have to keep in mind that global relief agencies aren't spending all the money they take in on any one specific need. the red cross came out and admitted as much after an outcry similar to the questions brought up after Haiti. they proved that all the money they take in (percentage wise) went to charitable actions, but it was spread throughout the globe on different continents. that's why if u really want to help a specific region u should donate to a small, local organization that guarantees the majority of the proceeds will go to helping that specific relief effort

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wyclef To Release J’overt EP September 30, Full Length Project Carnival III Expected To Hit Stores Next Summer

Fugees alum and proud Haiti representative Wyclef Jean is currently gearing up top release a new EP September 30 entitled J’overt.

The soon to be released EP finds the inspiration in its name from the official start of Carnival in the eastern Carribean.

“Every day when I wake up, I go into the studio and record,” Wyclef told AllHipHop.com in a statement. “There’s always a guitar and a piano nearby. I’m always writing, that’s my survival. I don’t go to a therapist. My therapy is when I pick up my guitar and sing.””

Along with Jean’s latest single “Hendrix,” the crooner has dropped a Spanglish version of the track “Hendrix (Spanglish Remix)” along with the track “My Girl,”leading up to the release of hisJ’ouvert EP.

“This speaks to the neighborhood I grew up in and how it didn’t look like much,” Wyclef said of “Hendrix” which features 18-year-old newcomer, Farina.

“The devil, or the streets, offered drugs and cartel and I chose music,” Wyclef continued. “Some homies chose the NBA, or we would see people like Shaq who are from Newark and see how they made it out the danger zone.”

Wyclef is also expected to drop the album Carnival III: Road To Clerification next summer, with features expected from Afrojack, Avicii, and Emeli Sande.

Check out the track list for Wyclef’s J’overt EP, due for a September 30 release below.

TRACKLIST

1. “Party Started”
2. “Holding on the Edge”
3. “For a Man”
4. “Wonderful”
5. “Camels to Ferraris”