Music Debate: Looking back should Black people have been LESS forgiving of Justin Timberlake?

Do you think Justin was MORE involved then he let on at the time?

• Total voters

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Always been on some fuck Timberlake shit, after how he bounced on Janet. Talented guy, but he is a copy in whiteface. Just the way it is, it's been that way since he was a kid rocking corn rows America will always find the white kid, who can mimic Black mannerisms and notes and run with the stardom. Sometimes Black people cosign like New Kids on the Block and Timberlake (writing, choreography and production--all Black)..and sometimes we are wise enough not to repeat mistake after mistake for singular gain.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Always been on some fuck Timberlake shit, after how he bounced on Janet. Talented guy, but he is a copy in whiteface. Just the way it is, it's been that way since he was a kid rocking corn rows America will always find the white kid, who can mimic Black mannerisms and notes and run with the stardom. Sometimes Black people cosign like New Kids on the Block and Timberlake (writing, choreography and production--all Black)..and sometimes we are wise enough not to repeat mistake after mistake for singular gain.

I never liked him before the whole "Nipplegate",but after he left Janet the way he did..I'm like fuck him also

Did he even release a statement at the time,because I don't even remember it....

Jeanyus

Support BGOL
Registered
Based off of the title, it’s clear that the op is a fucking moron.

First of all, nobody does anything to janet Jackson that she doesn’t sign off on. Don’t lump real black people with this dumb ass shit talking about black community being less forgiving. That stunt was her fucking idea. Why else would she have had nipple jewelry?

I’m getting tired of you dumb ass niggas. You make all of us look like god damn fools

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Justin Timberlake Is Very Sorry But Insists He Wasn’t Stepping Out on His Wife
By Jordan Crucchiola@jorcru
Photo: Jamie McCarthy/FilmMagic

Justin Timberlake has found himself in a Notes App Apology situation. Near the end of last month, the man of the woods was spotted in New Orleans — where he is currently filming a movie called Palmer — getting a tad handsy with a costar while seeming to be visibly intoxicated. Photos were published by The Sun, and while nothing overtly sexual is going on, it of course is a bad look for a married man and fueled all manner of speculation about the entertainer’s behavior when he’s away from home. Timberlake and other cast members were reportedly out at a bar together, and based on a “source” who spoke with Us Weekly, “Nothing remotely romantic is going on with Justin and Alisha [Wainwright]. The whole cast is shooting out there and like to hang out together. They were very much in public and nothing inappropriate was happening.” Timberlake has not commented on the situation until now, but the chatter has apparently gotten loud enough that he wants to insist publicly that he is not some kind of cheating bastard.

Read the note below, in which Timberlake gives you the full wife guy.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
This guy love a notes app tho ..

He’s a serial offender. He claims he has “lapses in judgment” and then comes back with the obligatory “I should’ve known better” ... rinse and repeat.

Just stfu and do your dirt on the low like everyone else.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
“Looking back should Black people have been LESS forgiving of Justin Timberlake?”

YES.

Thank you. Drive safely.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
when a black artist of her caliber fuck with someone like justin who added nothing to the song should tell u that she ran out of ways to entertain us, there are plenty of artist that she could have call to blow that joint but she choked

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man you are tripping. Justin Timberlake was on fire at the time.
I am not a major fan of his at all. But stop your bullshit and don't recreate history or try to demean Janet's contribution to popular music either.

when a black artist of her caliber fuck with someone like justin who added nothing to the song should tell u that she ran out of ways to entertain us, there are plenty of artist that she could have call to blow that joint but she choked

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
Man you are tripping. Justin Timberlake was on fire at the time.
I am not a major fan of his at all. But stop your bullshit and don't recreate history or try to demean Janet's contribution to popular music either.
justin was not on fire with the urban crowd the way bobby brown was, janet demean her performance at the sb by inviting justin to join her on stage. janet clearly misread her audience. same bullshit mj pull when he allowed nysc to induct him into the rrhof

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Tom Brady Says Janet Jackson’s Wardrobe Malfunction at 2004 Super Bowl Was ‘Probably a Good Thing for the NFL’: ‘It Was More Publicity’

By Zack Sharf

Tom Brady said on a recent episode of his “Let’s Go!” podcast with Larry Fitzgerald and Jim Gray that Janet Jackson’s wardrobe malfunction during the 2004 Super Bowl halftime show was “probably a good thing for the NFL.” Brady led the New England Patriots to victory that year over the Carolina Panthers, but it was the halftime show that had the nation talking. Jackson was featured alongside Justin Timberlake, Diddy, Nelly, Kid Rock and Jessica Simpson. The performance infamously ended with a wardrobe malfunction in which Timberlake exposed Jackson’s breast while performing “Rock Your Body.”
“I didn’t see much. I’d much rather not see it when I’m playing,” Brady said about Super Bowl halftime shows. “Even I remember when we beat Carolina…We came off the field and that was when we had the wardrobe malfunction with Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson. [The media was] asking me about that. I couldn’t even understand what they were telling me about. They said, ‘Did you see the halftime show?’ and I said, ‘I didn’t see anything.’ I was thinking about the game.”

“It took a while for us to figure out exactly what had gone on,” Brady continued. “I think in the end, it was probably a good thing for the NFL because everyone got to talk about it, and it was just more publicity and more publicity for halftime shows. Is any publicity bad publicity? That’s what they say, so, who knows?”
Super Bowl 2003 broadcaster CBS and halftime show producer MTV issued apologies for the wardrobe malfunction. Jackson’s career took a hit because of the incident as she was vilified in the press despite the malfunction being an error on Timberlake’s part. In her eponymous 2022 Lifetime documentary, Jackson said she was eager to move on from the controversy.
“We talked once and Justin said, ‘I don’t know if I should speak up and make a statement.’ And then I was like, ‘Look, I don’t want any drama for you. If I were you, I wouldn’t say anything,'” Jackson said. “Justin and I are very good friends and we always will be. We talked a few days ago. He and I have moved on and it’s time for everyone to do the same.”
While Brady never watched halftime shows during the Super Bowls that he played in, he did check out Rihanna’s buzzy performance at this year’s game.
“She’s great. She’s a great performer,” Brady said of Rihanna. “She blows everyone away all the time. She’s one of the unique performers. It’s great to see people on that stage… that stage of the Super Bowl is reserved for special people. She did a great job.”
Listen to Brady’s full “Let’s Go!” podcast episode here.

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor

pinocchio-dead.gif

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
I don't understand what did Justin do? He showed Janet's titty. Janet planned to show her titty. Janet didn't fall off because of showing her titty. That itty gave her plenty of free promotion for a good year or 2. She dropped some garbage ass music and she had label problems. That's where her career went.

She should've hopped on that EDM/dance bullshit.

You gotta remember Janet is a 40+ year old women. The prime of her career is over. Women don't get much time in the game like that. She had a great run. Nearly 25+ years. No shame in that.
i agree with her dropping shity as music as why her career stalled. it's like she discovered her inner freak and put out music about that thinking it was on some sensual shit but nothing you could really dance and vibe too. Personally she should have went back in the lab with JJ and TL, back to minnesota, drank that cold ass ice music and put out mo hits. Her nipples didn't offend nbody but mofos were hating on her success. Justin could have been way more vocal in his support but he didn't so fuck him.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Sold her out and then felt comfortable enough to talk shit to Prince in a song. Yeah fuck him.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y
i agree with her dropping shity as music as why her career stalled. it's like she discovered her inner freak and put out music about that thinking it was on some sensual shit but nothing you could really dance and vibe too. Personally she should have went back in the lab with JJ and TL, back to minnesota, drank that cold ass ice music and put out mo hits. Her nipples didn't offend nbody but mofos were hating on her success. Justin could have been way more vocal in his support but he didn't so fuck him.
Yeah man Dupr had her doing records with Khia. It’s wild though Jermaine and B Cox saved Mariah’s career but they should’ve gave that heat to Janet.