Music News: Da Brat: “I Was A Boss Bitch [in Prison]“

oolong tea

Rising Star
Registered
"Do you" - that statement is what's wrong with Black America these days. Cats aren't bitter at all. It's the fact that she made her time in State Prison seem like a cakewalk and a supervised vacation.

The Brat is very influential to a lot of young black girls out there that are heading in the wrong direction and she had the opportunity to share her not so glorious time in prison and , more importantly, advise all of her fans and followers to not go down the same route she did.

Can you imagine all of the impressionable kids (and some adults) that will read that article or that will hear an interview she will eventually participate in and will think that jail isn't that bad. These people most likely don't have multi-million dollar friends like Nick Cannon, Mariah Carey, Lisa Raye and Jermaine Dupree and they most certainly won't be coming out of prison to all the fanfare and the lucrative recording career that the Da Brat is walking into.

Or fathers who are head of the ma'fucking state. Shyne. Well written. L'il Wayne and them need to stop romanticizing prison. Shit ain't cute.

inflewence

Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
ignorant ass broad.

out in the world havin a ball...knock a hoe in the head wit a bottle...sit out a few years missing out on money, family, fun, opportunity... and the best shit u got to say after that is that u were a boss bitch in jail and felons were doing your hair and shit.

made jail sound like a ball n not 1 time did she tell muthafuckas to stay out...

I agree about her not saying to stay out but I think she does show some remorse. Not to glorify being in jail but people that's been know you got to make the most of what it is or your go crazy. Women and men are different creatures though, her shit sounded like she was on vacation :lol:. I'm sure Wayne had more niggas trying to test then show love, cause of his name.

beg4mercy

Star
Registered
"Do you" - that statement is what's wrong with Black America these days. Cats aren't bitter at all. It's the fact that she made her time in State Prison seem like a cakewalk and a supervised vacation.

The Brat is very influential to a lot of young black girls out there that are heading in the wrong direction and she had the opportunity to share her not so glorious time in prison and , more importantly, advise all of her fans and followers to not go down the same route she did.

Can you imagine all of the impressionable kids (and some adults) that will read that article or that will hear an interview she will eventually participate in and will think that jail isn't that bad. These people most likely don't have multi-million dollar friends like Nick Cannon, Mariah Carey, Lisa Raye and Jermaine Dupree and they most certainly won't be coming out of prison to all the fanfare and the lucrative recording career that the Da Brat is walking into.

I definitely hear what your saying but how does morality rest on The Brat's shoulders? I know there's three sides to every story but I don't think she was thinking about "fans" when she did what she did to be put into jail in the first place. All she's doing is describing her time while incarcerated. It doesn't sound like she had a rough time or like she took some time to reflect, therefore what is she supposed to discuss in the interview?

Also, when I say do you, I meant for her to just be herself. I don't think she owes you or I anything. I personally don't see her as glorifying her stay in prison, I see a person that is happy to be out of jail and was fortunate enough to not have a rough stay. I hear and respect what you're sayin though Bruh, I just disagree.

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
I actually found it interesting but I'm cool on jail stories in
2011 I hope she gets back to her life and never lands herself
in there again.

ClevelandDawg216

***TURBO CITY GLOBAL***
BGOL Investor
ignorant ass broad.

out in the world havin a ball...knock a hoe in the head wit a bottle...sit out a few years missing out on money, family, fun, opportunity... and the best shit u got to say after that is that u were a boss bitch in jail and felons were doing your hair and shit.

made jail sound like a ball n not 1 time did she tell muthafuckas to stay out...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

UniqueStyles82

Star
Registered
I think she is exaggerating some of her accounts. Who in the fuck walks into a prison and just shuts it down like she was claiming to. I think more than not her money was keeping some of them chicks at bay from seriously fucking with her real hard. You got chicks in that joint that have been locked up for life and you think for a second they aint gonna test her. Shit they got nothing to lose.

And I seriously believe she was more reflective in that environment than what she led on. She had a shit ton of time to "think" about things. And best believe its the mental part of being confined that will wear a person down and drive them insane.

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
Being the "Boss Bitch" in prison is like being the smartest kid in special ed class. Yeah, you didn't shit on yourself today but the only reason we are giving you a gold star is because YOU DIDN'T SHIT ON YOURSELF TODAY!:hmm:

That bitch lost and is lost.:smh:

*two cents*

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have trouble respecting a young music artist who started young in the entertainment business and then getting in to trouble and being thugged out. it's like why? you made it shit you rolled with jermaine and ballers, drug lords etc..you know what i mean? she seems to be the type that believes keeping real is being street. Being boss bitch should be a boss bitch in the real world making power moves. I don't get it. this article proves how I felt about her.

with that said, wonder if she still cool with jermain dupri.

followup

BGOL Investor

well most of those people are not celebrities and have seen MANY people from their own neighborhood go to prison & come out before they ever even heard of Da Brat. I love how people are hating on her because she is a lesbian and others are choosing to ignore the fact that she said that not being able to move freely is the worst part of the whole experience. Ignoring how she is sorry to all involved in the situation :rolleyes: HER prison experience is going to be different from a no-name person, do you want her to lie about it? I guess yall want her to pull a punk ass Mike Vick--every time the dog story comes up he's gotta act like a pussy and apologize. Trying to go on Oprah and shit so he can be dragged through the mud again.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WHY THE FUCK SHOULD SOMEONE HAVE TO TELL YOU TO STAY OUT OF PRISON??!!!!!! Shit its prison, ain't no big enough positive spin you could put on it to make a muthafucka say, "BOY, I SURE CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO PRISON!! EATING HORRIBLY, SURROUNDED BY THE SAME SEX ALL DAY, TOLD WHEN, WHERE, AND WHAT I CAN DO!! OH AND LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT ALL THAT RAPE I CAN LOOK FORWARD TO!!!!" Shit, I never needed to be told don't go to jail

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
tumblr_ocdwddB6ni1u3tfndo1_1280.jpg

Bluelaser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Well Said and Agreed