Music: Pete Rock - Mumble Rappers like Yachty, Y’all Don’t Care About The Culture, Make Better Music

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Mafuggas still talkin sh-t and im like…………………. huuuh boy lol! Why cant we all just respect some sh-t? I mighta been wrong the way i went about it but im a lil tired of people taking this culture for a joke. Feeling like Kaepernick right now real talk mayne. Im obviously passionate about good music and good lyrics. Cant understand the mumble rap sh-t da hell is that? Lol cmon man i can make yall sound real good i can clearly see yall dont care about the culture so why you in it? Yall not gonna last doing dat! The hate dont bother me cuz they are just dedicated fans,its quite funny how random mafuggas outta nowhere just gettin @ me hahahaha when you know your power the feeling of confidence really sets in. Im trending on twitter over this silly sh-t hahaha Wow! Ok i’ll take it cuz im bout to drop some sh-t anyway so all this is right on time lol. DSR=Dont Smoke Rock with Smoke Dza is the truth! if my words carry weight then heed this s-it right here,respect some shit mayne! Make better music and write better lyrics. Cops gonna target us regardless but stop giving them a reason or should i say dont make it easier for them,yall gotta start caring about whats going on around yall. Prove people wrong cuz we are always judged and looked @ a certain way. The ignorant artist sh-t really makes me upset the hateful comments only make me more relevant lol . If im washed up then why my name in ya mouth? Im just sayin lol. Have a great day everyone.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Pete Rock Blasts Young Dolph Over Cocaine Lyrics; Dolph Responds

(AllHipHop News) Hip Hop culture has seen many instances of the veterans versus newcomers argument. The most recent example of the clash of generations involves legendary producer Pete Rock and the self-described King Of Memphis Young Dolph.

The dispute began when Rock took issue with Dolph’s song “In My System” playing at his “trap house” listening party with a young boy present. The cut features the lyrics: “I got cocaine runnin’ through my motherf-ckin’ system.”

The 46-year-old production master posted a video of the party on Instagram. The clip’s caption was a direct takedown of Dolph and the content of “In My System.”

Rock wrote:

What dat fool say? Lil kid right there chillin cocaine running through his veins? This kinda sh-t has got to stop. We gotta raise children better than this. Damn homie

Rock then replied to a user’s comment under the IG video. He called Dolph “trash,” “hot garbage,” and “corny.”

Young Dolph got wind of the statement and responded:

I don’t know u, and u don’t know me aparently [sic]… But u lame as fuk bra

DJ Akademiks captured the exchange on his Instagram page.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lil Yachty Disses Pete Rock: “F**k A Pete Rock”

Screen-Shot-2016-09-07-at-2.30.32-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2016-09-07-at-2.31.21-AM.png

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yachty forgot his lyrics while performing with Chance at Made in America. Doesn't take this shit serious at all. This is why these niggas mumble. Forget a line? Fuck it. Just mumble. He doesn't give a fuck about hip hop. He cares about the checks and the shit that comes with the checks.

"You won't be around next year.... "

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kids make a beat at their house, rap over it and now they have music. Play it for a few people, it catches on and now they're a "Rapper"...

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the midst of ALL this back and forth between vets, legends, and these new mumbling niggas, I've yet to hear one of these new niggas say, 'Fuck is he talkin' about? I'm nice as fuck!"

They say EVERYTHING but that. They know they're weak. They just want the right to do what they do.

Let 'em do them. You can't stop 'em. My problem ain't THEM, 'cause wack rappers have always existed. My problem is the lack of balance or FOCUS on the artists that actually got skills.

When your art no longer promotes the most talented more than anything else, then you have a declining industry. I think rap, overall, is well past its creative peak.

Last edited:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
The chocolate boy wonder's spot on.

I just wanna hear from the mumble rap fans that claim "yaw just old..." These niggas aint never around when someone gets called out.

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Old vs. Young, Hardcore vs. Party Rap, Soul Sampling vs. Chopped Beats vs. Basement/Raw Beats, Undergroud vs. Mainstream, and Lyricism vs. Gimmick/Candy Rap has been going on since the beginning of hip hop.

I agree with Pete Rock, but at one time Hip Hop purists complained about his extreme soul sampling and lack of creativity. Just like Pete Rock, I grew up listening and admiring the same artists he admired and respected. Even Nas was criticized for his lack of freestyle skills, lack of stage presence, and monotone rap style at one time by older cats.

Hip Hop to me been wack ass a whole since 98, but i learned to just extract what I need out of it, and ignore the rest. Pete Rock gotta realize, the 90's sound, tastes, and audience has come and gone, fuck it, let these young boys live.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Old vs. Young, Hardcore vs. Party Rap, Soul Sampling vs. Chopped Beats vs. Basement/Raw Beats, Undergroud vs. Mainstream, and Lyricism vs. Gimmick/Candy Rap has been going on since the beginning of hip hop.

I agree with Pete Rock, but at one time Hip Hop purists complained about his extreme soul sampling and lack of creativity. Just like Pete Rock, I grew up listening and admiring the same artists he admired and respected. Even Nas was criticized for his lack of freestyle skills, lack of stage presence, and monotone rap style at one time by older cats.

Hip Hop to me been wack ass a whole since 98, but i learned to just extract what I need out of it, and ignore the rest. Pete Rock gotta realize, the 90's sound, tastes, and audience has come and gone, fuck it, let these young boys live.

When was Nas criticized? And by who? Who comes into the game and has immediate stage presence? When Snoop came out he never looked into the camera

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The content these kids listen to is downright foul, with absolutely no counter.

At this point , who knows how you can even save this era man. These kids love this homo, mumble shit, and will defend it like its better than Melle Mel, because the drums go hard.

The most powerful Global music Black people EVER created, is turning into something to destroy the mind.

Pete is too old to be writing , and expressing his concerns like a teenager though. He is an elder, direct the youth , not just chastise.

And oh yeah if he uses the word n...a. then shut it up Pete, when, talking down to a young man talking about cocaine

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When was Nas criticized? And by who? Who comes into the game and has immediate stage presence? When Snoop came out he never looked into the camera

Yeah, Nas had plenty of critics. Illmatic was a 40 minute album, 9 real tracks, one skit. It was almost like an extended EP, not a full album. Halftime was old as hell, and his album hit the streets early, so when it was released, there was not much intrigue from street niggas who already heard it all. Ask anybody that saw Nas perform in the early 90's, know he was boring on stage, but had an ill flow. Take this from one of his biggest fans, I saw him evolve into a much better entertainer through the years. One of my favorite shows in the late 90's was a Nas show, with no other headliners. Nas got criticized, like Jeru, for not being able to freestyle off the dome, on spot.

Illmatic brought focus back to lyricism, and had a team of NY's most respected producers on his album. This was a different concept in a "Rah, Rah" hip hop era, that is what makes it a classic.

Jeru and Nas were nice with the pen, but God awful freestylers, even admitted it. You already know how Biggie, KRS-1, Redman, and old school cats looked at dudes who could not flow off the dome at that time.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, Nas had plenty of critics. Illmatic was a 40 minute album, 9 real tracks, one skit. It was almost like an extended EP, not a full album. Halftime was old as hell, and his album hit the streets early, so when it was released, there was not much intrigue from street niggas who already heard it all. Ask anybody that saw Nas perform in the early 90's, know he was boring on stage, but had an ill flow. Take this from one of his biggest fans, I saw him evolve into a much better entertainer through the years. One of my favorite shows in the late 90's was a Nas show, with no other headliners. Nas got criticized, like Jeru, for not being able to freestyle off the dome, on spot.

Illmatic brought focus back to lyricism, and had a team of NY's most respected producers on his album. This was a different concept in a "Rah, Rah" hip hop era, that is what makes it a classic.

Jeru and Nas were nice with the pen, but God awful freestylers, even admitted it. You already know how Biggie, KRS-1, Redman, and old school cats looked at dudes who could not flow off the dome at that time.

Yeah, my thing is how do criticize someone for not having a stage presence after the first album? How many people come out the gate with a stage presence? To me that's an unfair criticism

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the midst of ALL this back and forth been vets, legends, and these new mumbling niggas, I've yet to hear one of the new niggas ever say, 'Fuck is he talkin' about? I'm nice as fuck!"

They say EVERYTHING but that. They know they're weak. They just want the right to do what they do.

Let 'em do them. You can't stop 'em. My problem ain't THEM, 'cause wack rappers have always existed. My problem is the lack of balance or FOCUS on the artists that actually got skills.

When your art no longer promotes the most talented more than anything else, then you have a declining industry. I think rap, overall, is well past its creative peak.
Damn you make me want to make an account and ask them what you said

Raeeb7

Rising Star
Registered

My dude what are u talkin bout? Won't no major tours from about late 80's that golden age period till 98-99 when the hard knock life tour happened. Only place you could catch a Nas show in the 90s was a club or a college campus. Only places you could hear hip hop on TV was Rap City or video vibrations on Bet. Yo MTV raps the Music BOX or if ya local public access channel had alil Rap show. On the radio hip hop or Rap was getting zero air play maybe an 30 min Rap attack segment during the week and an hour or 2 on the weekend. If you won't in LA or NY.

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My dude what are u talkin bout? Won't no major tours from about late 80's that golden age period till 98-99 when the hard knock life tour happened. Only place you could catch a Nas show in the 90s was a club or a college campus. Only places you could hear hip hop on TV was Rap City or video vibrations on Bet. Yo MTV raps the Music BOX or if ya local public access channel had alil Rap show. On the radio hip hop or Rap was getting zero air play maybe an 30 min Rap attack segment during the week and an hour or 2 on the weekend. If you won't in LA or NY.

N0t understanding the point of what you are you saying. Are you saying I did not see Nas perform in the 90's several times in several locations? or are you saying mixtapes did not exist? or are you saying college and late night underground radio did not exist in the 90's? I am confused.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Philly, & The Bay was playing it too. Your point remains though.