My New Internet Crush...Beyonce / Beyoncé UPDATE: 1st Black woman with No. 1 country song SNUBBED by CMA

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just sing the damn song. All that trap rap/sing along shit sucks. She is the lead Black icon of this era, and she just keeps trashing her lyrics down on each album :angry:
In 20 years are people really going to play this around their grandkids as classics?

I didn't know Black folks in Houston rocked with this type of country music. Good luck to her for the pandering and begging. I hope she wins, but I doubt it. Swift got a new album on deck :lol:

Her Homecoming/Coachella concert was the greatest shit I have ever seen from a female performer. Singing and dancing and 100% non stop. Ain't nobody doing that for a long time.

Lemonade was the best Pop mainstream album that year. That shit encompassed the entire energy of protest and change. The Grammys shit on her and Black people with that Adele shit.

But man these new songs ain't it.

kareem chin

Star
BGOL Investor
^^^

yup

and I think after that Jay z speech?

They gonna give it to her

because she deserves it.

Serious question: do you like the song (or the other one)? They sound like interesting takes on country music, but it may be too much of a change. The typical country radio listener will hear these songs and they will stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe that is a good thing, maybe not. But I don't think Jay's speech will guilt them to vote for her next year, whether she deserves that award or not.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I saw a copy of the email, that shit was so fucking funny. It literally said other stations had to play it first before they would consider putting it into their rotation. They claimed they have a tight rotation schedule and can't really play unproven tracks so to speak. So now, someone needs to listen to that station and see if they are like that with any and all unproven country acts.

On a side note, whitey got mad when the Tracey Chapman Fast Car discussion came up and and folks were pointing out how it would have been impossible to sell her version on country radio back in day. Now all of a sudden here we are with Beyonce.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

GGQ7T1UbEAAhOeC
GGQ7T1XawAA54SI

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I saw a copy of the email, that shit was so fucking funny. It literally said other stations had to play it first before they would consider putting it into their rotation. They claimed they have a tight rotation schedule and can't really play unproven tracks so to speak. So now, someone needs to listen to that station and see if they are like that with any and all unproven country acts.

On a side note, whitey got mad when the Tracey Chapman Fast Car discussion came up and and folks were pointing out how it would have been impossible to sell her version on country radio back in day. Now all of a sudden here we are with Beyonce.

^^^^

Kaboom