Name a hack you use in life that others might can utilize thread.. on-going thread

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Use this to clean my bathtub + a tub mop

You can cop the $8 Kirkland brand dishwasher liquid that’s 2.66 liters from Costco for this hack when creating the refill

People have use this to clean other things

Shower mop
Amazon product ASIN B0BRV9K6ZY

Plain Dawn dishwashing liquid will shine your tires like Armor All, just apply it with a household sponge.... dude on the job showed me that trick

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Couple of quick health hacks that have worked for me.

Buy a firm bristle toothbrush and brush your teeth before you go to sleep every night while using a peroxide rinse before and a regular oral rinse after and you probably won't ever have to go back to the dentist. I'm 52 and I've never had a cavity.

Eat Vitamin C gummies like candy while constantly washing your hands and you'll avoid the flu and common cold. I haven't had either since 2011.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Couple of quick health hacks that have worked for me.

Buy a firm bristle toothbrush and brush your teeth before you go to sleep every night while using a peroxide rinse before and a regular oral rinse after and you probably won't ever have to go back to the dentist. I'm 52 and I've never had a cavity.

Eat Vitamin C gummies like candy while constantly washing your hands and you'll avoid the flu and common cold. I haven't had either since 2011.
Yeah peroxide and baking soda definitely does wonders for the teeth.. I wish I didn’t stop my regimen in my mid 20s cause that’s when some of my teeth started not being so nice

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Best and cheapest way to clean mirrors? Vinegar and newspaper

Want to extend the shelf life of your fruits and vegetables? Chop them up and put them in Mason jars. Works really well with strawberries

Ditch the bottle and switch to shampoo bars. The Trader Joe's brand cost $4.50 and lasts 3 to 6 months.

Ditch the cartridges and switch to an old school safety razor. A good handle costs about $50, but a double-edged blade is only 10 cents and lasts 3 to 6 days.

Ditch the canned shaving cream and go for a bowl, brush, and shaving soap. It protects your skin better. A single $4 bar will last you 2 to 3 months.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Instead of paying for checked luggage at the airport, express mail it to the hotel for 1/3 the price.

Instead of owning a vehicle take public transit for your daily commute and use Zipcar for longer trips. It will save you thousands every year. Best of all, you never have to worry about theft, vandalism, repairs, hitting a pole, or having your shit break down.

Used rechargeables instead of disposable batteries. Get two sets for every remote and swap them out every other month. That way you never have to worry about running out.

Save money on trash collection by setting up a backyard compost. If you don't want to turn it get a rotating model.

Did the lithium battery in your Bluetooth speaker shit the bed? Go to ifixit.com they will give you the tools, schematics, and replacement battery for less than 1/3 the price of a new device.

Commute by bike? Instead of paying for repairs see if your city has a bike kitchen. They charge a $10 drop in fee and sell replacement parts at cost. For most repairs you can be in and out within a few hours. The only catch is that you have to assist the mechanics.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Instead of paying for checked luggage at the airport, express mail it to the hotel for 1/3 the price.

Instead of owning a vehicle take public transit for your daily commute and use Zipcar for longer trips. It will save you thousands every year. Best of all, you never have to worry about theft, vandalism, repairs, hitting a pole, or having your shit break down.

Used rechargeables instead of disposable batteries. Get two sets for every remote and swap them out every other month. That way you never have to worry about running out.

Save money on trash collection by setting up a backyard compost. If you don't want to turn it get a rotating model.

Did the lithium battery in your Bluetooth speaker shit the bed? Go to ifixit.com they will give you the tools, schematics, and replacement battery for less than 1/3 the price of a new device.

Commute by bike? Instead of paying for repairs see if your city has a bike kitchen. They charge a $10 drop in fee and sell replacement parts at cost. For most repairs you can be in and out within a few hours. The only catch is that you have to assist the mechanics.
Good info. The rechargeable batteries is a game changer. Haven’t bought batteries in years

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Use this to clean my bathtub + a tub mop

You can cop the $8 Kirkland brand dishwasher liquid that’s 2.66 liters from Costco for this hack when creating the refill

People have use this to clean other things

Shower mop
Amazon product ASIN B0BRV9K6ZY

I make this all the time.

For those that want the recipe.
I use a 32oz mason jar, the mixture has to sit for about a day.

I have a 2 quart Pyrex measuring glass

Pour 4oz of Dawn Soap
Then 2oz of 70% rubbing alcohol
Then 26oz of water

If you use 90% alcohol, it will not foam up like the original.

Pour that into the mason jar and let it sit for at least a day. Then I pour it into the smaller refills and make more for the mason jar.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I make this all the time.

For those that want the recipe.
I use a 32oz mason jar, the mixture has to sit for about a day.

I have a 2 quart Pyrex measuring glass

Pour 4oz of Dawn Soap
Then 2oz of 70% rubbing alcohol
Then 26oz of water

If you use 90% alcohol, it will not foam up like the original.

Pour that into the mason jar and let it sit for at least a day. Then I pour it into the smaller refills and make more for the mason jar.
You can use the Kirkland dishwasher soap also since I believe on the low low dawn makes it… they sit right next to each other at Costco with pretty much the same exact wording. 1 is cheaper in price (Kirkland). They smell exactly like each other.. kinda obvious who made the Kirkland joint.. $8 bottle gets you 2.66 liter

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
You can use the Kirkland dishwasher soap also since I believe on the low low dawn makes it… they sit right next to each other at Costco with pretty much the same exact wording. 1 is cheaper in price (Kirkland). They smell exactly like each other.. kinda obvious who made the Kirkland joint.. $8 bottle gets you 2.66 liter
I only care if it foams up like the original and cleans the same.

I bought the Dawn a few months back, will last more than a year. Was $10 at Costco. Now looking in the app, Kirkland is $10 and Dawn is $14.

Not sure if the app prices are higher than in store as sometimes is or prices shot up.
I'll check when I go back probably this weekend.

But I've tried different brands, diff recipes I found of varying amounts and ways to make it. The one I posted is closest to the original I've found, that one makes it spray/foam-up and clean the same.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Use this and a magic eraser to clean shower glass doors and walls. Shit removes all hard water spots with no scrubbing
FINISH-JET-DRY-Rinse-AgentLiquid-Original-8-8-45-oz_057e1c25-627f-46d4-be1a-4b02bbc5a119.e94d6a5254fca19bceb32500281889c6.png

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Best and cheapest way to clean mirrors? Vinegar and newspaper

Want to extend the shelf life of your fruits and vegetables? Chop them up and put them in Mason jars. Works really well with strawberries

Ditch the bottle and switch to shampoo bars. The Trader Joe's brand cost $4.50 and lasts 3 to 6 months.

Ditch the cartridges and switch to an old school safety razor. A good handle costs about $50, but a double-edged blade is only 10 cents and lasts 3 to 6 days.

Ditch the canned shaving cream and go for a bowl, brush, and shaving soap. It protects your skin better. A single $4 bar will last you 2 to 3 months.
That 1st one. Are you Caribbean? Who taught you that?

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
I use a steamer instead of an iron.. iron broke several yrs ago. Got a steamer after and have never looked back

Yeah I bought a steamer about a year ago and love it better than an iron, they also make irons that come with built in steamer too. The steam from the steamers get real hot though, I was steaming a shirt for work and thought it was clogged not thinking I call myself rubbing it on the side of the shirt I was wearing to clear it out when a burst of steam came out and burned the hell out me, shit blistered up and everything :hithead: :crying: