Netflix goddamit

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So all day and a night was good.... the ending was super rushed. Good seeing ole boy From Captive State, Leon from Snowfall and the real policeman from the Baywatch remake (that mfkr was good) getting work

Dangerous Lies started interesting..kind of slow burn... still pretty good tho

Earth & Blood was pretty damn good.... I like his other movie (The Crew, I think) better though for action/ plot

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
The event is definitely a kid's movie, you'll question yourself 1/2 way through.

Earth& Blood was a good watch

Side note: I noticed Tisha Arnold plays the grandma role in a 2 movies so far.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
I’m still in Season 1 of the Last Kingdom. Pretty good so far, but it’s not even close to GOT like several critics claimed

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe more international black faces, but Prime stay with the hood direct to video joints

I don't be counting that prime low budget shit. A lot of those films are made by people who create their own budget and produce their own film. Its rare you gonna see a black film produced by Amazon Prime.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m still in Season 1 of the Last Kingdom. Pretty good so far, but it’s not even close to GOT like several critics claimed
Damn someone even threw that claim out there? Might need to check it out.
Nah man netflix been playing everything before big house got big mad.
They have always had black content. Dear White People and She Hate Me would've never got played on regular networks or cable outlets. No doubt. Not denying that. But they've upped their black content. They had a whole documentary about who killed Malcolm X....a whole series....the content is definitely been upped.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Damn someone even threw that claim out there? Might need to check it out.

They have always had black content. Dear White People and She Hate Me would've never got played on regular networks or cable outlets. No doubt. Not denying that. But they've upped their black content. They had a whole documentary about who killed Malcolm X....a whole series....the content is definitely been upped.
last kingdom is solid
story is continuation of Vikings
main character is the adopted son of Ragnar Lothbrooks grandson
Athostans son is the King of Wesex

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Becoming

9.5/10

This is a fantastic documentary on former First Lady Michelle Obama.

It's based around her book tour.

She discuss' everything from her childhood, life in college,racism, high profile shootings of Blacks during Obama's administration and meeting Barack and her life going into being his wife when he entered politics and thru his Presidency.

The interviews you have seen her do prior to this, you will see a difference with her because she is more open and candid, unlike when she was in the White House. And she discuss' that too.

She does not say anything about Trump directly. She keeps it short and too the point on the Midterm elections during Barack's administration and the 2016 election. After what she says about it, I know a lot of Black folks ain't gonna like what she says. The truth hurts.

For you anti-female militants. Oprah and Gayle are in it. Stephen Colbert asks her a question and after she answers it he has a perplexed look on his face that seems odd.

I didn't give it a perfect 10 because the documentary did not have people from Michelle's personal life in it that are from outside of Washington politics and not family. There were no people from her childhood, her college years, her time as a lawyer and personal close friends from today that she associates with to give their viewpoint of her. I'm not sure if that was intentional or they plan on doing it for a another documentary.

Also, I noticed that her personal staff is majority White Women. They only show one Black Woman and she seems to be there as a token piece.

Barack only shows up once to speak and it was about their relationship.

This is a good documentary to watch with the family, especially if you have daughters.

This is part of the multi-film production deal the Obama's made with Netflix a couple of years back. I think the Barack Obama documentary is going to be the one everybody is going to want to see.

Synopsis

Former first lady Michelle Obama discusses her life, hopes and connections with others.

Becoming.jpg

[

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Turn Up Charlie

7/10

This is a comedy sitcom from England starring Idris Elba.

It's kind of loosely based on his side gig of him being a DJ in real life.

The series shows Idris in a different light than what we normally have seen him in prior movies and shows.

The comedy plays off well and doesn't come off as forced. The little white girl is not the basis of the show but she plays a part in the adults relationships with each other.

For the keyboard militants, Idris relationships with women are Black. There is some interracial tension with the wife but nothing happens. The only gay stuff is his Aunt and her girlfriend but nothing is shown.

Not sure if this will become a regular series being Idris is a big star in Hollywood and scheduling of movies and TV shows are all jacked up right now.

Guz Khan from "Man Like Mobeem" Netflix series co-stars in it.

Synopsis

Charlie is a struggling DJ and eternal bachelor. He gets a final chance at finding success, plotting to rebuild his music career, at the same time that he reluctantly becomes a nanny to Gabby, his famous best friend's problem-child daughter. The spoiled girl is wise beyond her years, pushing the boundaries -- and the sanity of her nannies -- to the extreme in order to try to get the attention of her negligent, career-driven parents.

AAAABRNSYthiLw7bDWY_33wEZCOP1BkgnXehDT8o1jvExlyLgiotVFzKZ78O3ICd1CMngiw67sXtN4RKIxjld-b2BatTbjajfdjxlHH4abVZiHW3iiFPdki-OR-uOk6mGA.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Hollow

8/10

This is a animated series mainly made for young children but it will keep you interested as a adult.

It debuted back in 2018 when I first watched it and it didn't seem like there would be a continuing story after the season finale. But out of nowhere Netflix debuted season 2 yesterday.

The series is nothing but action in every episode. Every scene ends with it flowing into another action scene. It would be fantastic if live action movies and TV shows flowed like this series.

I plan on watching Season 2 this week.

It's a good series to watch by yourself or with your kids/family. As a adult you most likely will figure out what is going on midway thru season one, let your kids figure it out on their own for fun.

Synopsis

Three teens work together to find a way home after waking up in a mysterious realm filled with magic portals, strange puzzles, and nasty beasts.

Dd53Z-1VAAA0MAv.jpg