Netflix Series: Avatar: The Last Airbender (discussion thread)(drops 2/22) (Season 2 & 3 confirmed)

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
My girl had no clue about the original series... she came in as I was watching it and was hooked.

My daughter loves it, she watched the OG show and put me on as she re-watched it.

My schedule is kinda jacked up with me working out at night, having to meal prep for 2, and playing Ghost of Tsushima... but when I find time to watch this I thoroughly enjoy it.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
I tell you this... the Sozin's comet finale is going to have a shit ton to live up to.... because the OG Avatar finale is still one of the greatest series finales of all-time.
Was this season good

keone

International Member
I actually loved it... really shocked that I did but I loved it. It made go back and rewatch the first series and Korra again. The live action holds up as its own thing.
Nice got few ep to go

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I tell you this... the Sozin's comet finale is going to have a shit ton to live up to.... because the OG Avatar finale is still one of the greatest series finales of all-time.
I was thinking about the same thing, that final battle is one of the best most satisfying main character vs big bad showdowns of all time, everything comes together for that last moment and it's a visual masterpiece, feels like it would take all of season ones budget to do it right lol

Adroit

Rising Star
Registered
I liked all the castings except for Azula and Mai. Azula just didn't look or act as threatening as in the show. The actress that plays Mai has the personality down but her face is just too fat. I also wondered how they would do with pacing since the original show had about 24 episodes and this one only had 8. But since they are 3 times as long, I guess it works out. The main issue I have with the releasing-all-the-episodes-at-once format is that there won't be enough time in between episodes to show Zuko's character arc properly.

2jzmk3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I liked it for the most part, they left out alot of key scenes I thought they should of kept or used. But it i thought the scenes and stuff were great. They didn't overdo it with the graphics. They could of done the Avatar Roku Scene better, and the Moon Spirit scene didnt compare to the cartoon. But all in all, Way better than the "movie" for sure.

Anxious to see how they carry on with book 2 and 3.

I really wish they would of had season 2/3 in the pipeline, and not have us wait 2-3 years to get it.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
How did y'all feel about Katara and how her skills were represented? I never watched the OG series but did like what I saw in this series and will probably watch it as well.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I'm only 3 episodes in and I'm mostly digging it. One problem I'm noticing and I think it's just cause shit like Game of Thrones & the new Shogun got me spoiled.

All the costumes look authentic to their cartoon counterparts, but NOTHING looks lived-in. Episode 3 introduced Jett and his band of Merry Boys who are living out in the woods. Yet even their costumes look like their kids cosplaying at ComicCon in some brand new clothes. Even the 'dirt' poor Earth Kingdom citizens lack actual dirt.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I missed this...

keone

International Member
I missed this...

he looks like sokka