Netflix Series: THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY (Season 3 Discussion thread)(New Trailer 5/19/22) (Drops 6/22/22)

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Wonder how they're gonna move forward with "Elliott" Page.....will Vanya become just "Van?"
How the hell are they gonna write THIS shit into the series? Edit: nevermind

Elliot
“will continue to play the role of Vanya Hargreeves.”

Already, there are some major changes happening across social media and online: Elliot‘s credited name has been updated on The Umbrella Academy’s IMDB page.

Netflix is also in the process of updating Elliot‘s name in the metadata across all titles, according to the report.

“Trans actors can and do play both trans and cisgender characters. I’m sure Elliot will continue to be brilliant in Umbrella Academy and many different types of roles in the future,” GLAAD’s Nick Adams said in a statement to the outlet.

Here’s What’s Happening With Elliot Page’s ‘Umbrella Academy’ Role Now | Elliot Page, Netflix, Umbrella Academy : Just Jared

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The Umbrella Academy Boss Unveils All 10 Episode Titles for Season 3
By Rebecca Iannucci / June 8 2021, 9:40 AM PDT

Series co-creator Steve Blackman on Tuesday revealed the episode titles for Season 3, as part of Netflix’s Geeked Week announcements. Without further ado, let’s get speculating on these 10 titles:

* Episode 1: “Meet the Family”
* Episode 2: “World’s Biggest Ball of Twine”
* Episode 3: “Pocket Full of Lightning”
* Episode 4: “Kugelblitz” (“A real word,” Blackman noted, though he wouldn’t share what it means; Google, however, will happily inform you that the word describes a radiation-formed black hole. Gulp.)
* Episode 5: “Kindest Cut”
* Episode 6: “Marigold,” a title that Blackman said might hold special meaning for superfans, especially those familiar with the graphic novels on which Umbrella Academy is based
* Episode 7: “Auf Wiedersehen” (German for “goodbye,” of course!)
* Episode 8: “Wedding at the End of the World”
* Episode 9: “Six Bells,” which Blackman said will mean much more once viewers have started watching the season
* Episode 10: “Oblivion” (“It’s ominous, and it’s terrifying,” Blackman admitted — and he’s not wrong!)

The Umbrella Academy‘s second season ended with the Hargreeves stopping the apocalypse altogether and returning to 2019, only to find a new timeline had been created by their interference — one in which Sir Reginald hasn’t died, he’s the founder of the Sparrow Academy instead of the Umbrella Academy and, most shocking of all, Ben is alive and well.

To that end, series vet Justin H. Min — who has thus far only appeared as Afterlife Ben — will appear in Season 3 as Sparrow #2, though a previous teaser for the new episodes warned, “This is not the sweet Ben we know and love. This Ben is a Machiavellian tactician.”

The other Sparrows include Justin Cornwell (Training Day) as Marcus, Britne Oldford (The Flash) as Fei, Jake Epstein (Designated Survivor) as Alphonso, Genesis Rodriguez (The Fugitive) as Sloane, Cazzie David (Eighty-Sixed miniseries) as Jayme and, of course, TV “newcomer” Dread-Inducing Psykronium Cube as Christopher.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
How the hell are they gonna write THIS shit into the series? Edit: nevermind

Elliot
“will continue to play the role of Vanya Hargreeves.”

Already, there are some major changes happening across social media and online: Elliot‘s credited name has been updated on The Umbrella Academy’s IMDB page.

Netflix is also in the process of updating Elliot‘s name in the metadata across all titles, according to the report.

“Trans actors can and do play both trans and cisgender characters. I’m sure Elliot will continue to be brilliant in Umbrella Academy and many different types of roles in the future,” GLAAD’s Nick Adams said in a statement to the outlet.

Here’s What’s Happening With Elliot Page’s ‘Umbrella Academy’ Role Now | Elliot Page, Netflix, Umbrella Academy : Just Jared

And yet I've seen transgender and LGBTQ advocates argue that a heterosexual (or "cisgender") actor or actress shouldn't be able to play a trans character.

But it's fine of they play "cisgender" characters though?

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
And yet I've seen transgender and LGBTQ advocates argue that a heterosexual (or "cisgender") actor or actress shouldn't be able to play a trans character.

But it's fine of they play "cisgender" characters though?

I had the same thought (Scarlet Johansson caught alot of flack for a proposed movie where was gonna play a trans women)but chalked up to one of em hollyweird double standards. Nonetheless I wont lose any sleep over it and all things considered looking forward to the next season

Last edited:

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I had the same thought (Scarlet Johansson caught slot of flack for a proposed movie where was gonna play a trans women)but chalked up to one of em hollyweird double standards. Nonetheless I wont lose any sleep over it and all things considered looking forward to the next season

The Scarlet Johansson situation is exactly what I was referring to.

My only thought about the next season is was it filmed before the transition and if not will it affect the character in some way specifically if his/her voice has changed since transitioning.

No big deal either way but I'm hoping the character remains the same.

As long as the fine ass sister on the show hasn't transitioned I'm good.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I had the same thought (Scarlet Johansson caught alot of flack for a proposed movie where was gonna play a trans women)but chalked up to one of em hollyweird double standards. Nonetheless I wont lose any sleep over it and all things considered looking forward to the next season

The end of last season set them up to do some weird gender swap shit .... so like you said.. I'm not worried about it.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
The Scarlet Johansson situation is exactly what I was referring to.

My only thought about the next season is was it filmed before the transition and if not will it affect the character in some way specifically if his/her voice has changed since transitioning.

No big deal either way but I'm hoping the character remains the same.

As long as the fine ass sister on the show hasn't transitioned I'm good.

The end of last season set them up to do some weird gender swap shit .... so like you said.. I'm not worried about it.
my sentiments exactly

i didnt read the original source material
but i got the impression that the character on the show was greatly influenced by Ellen (at the time). Didnt seem like she did much acting.
The 1st season was about her not feeling like she belonged and missing a piece of herself. The 2nd season she effectively came out and had a romantic relationship with a woman. With time travel and altered reality, I wouldnt be suprised if the character eventually becomes a man. But maybe I am just reading too much into.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
my sentiments exactly

i didnt read the original source material
but i got the impression that the character on the show was greatly influenced by Ellen (at the time). Didnt seem like she did much acting.
The 1st season was about her not feeling like she belonged and missing a piece of herself. The 2nd season she effectively came out and had a romantic relationship with a woman. With time travel and altered reality, I wouldnt be suprised if the character eventually becomes a man. But maybe I am just reading too much into.

Not at all that makes sense and if they were able to incorporate it into the show it would be ideal.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Victor's overhand fucked this season all the way up. Totally unnecessary. Alright you wanna be a lil boy now fine this is a job tho lil girl, man up. Made too much of the show about her transition. I thought funny style son was controlling ghost in season two why did he need to be trained and was afraid of ghost again? Seems like the budget was cut this season.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just finished Season 3..It was ok..it wasn't good like the first two seasons!!..Overall, it was ok!!

I wonder how next season is going to be??

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
As soon as I saw the dancing, I was like, "I'm out. I can't finish this shit."
White people love putting corny spins on good stories. :smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This might have been my favorite season….

it wasn’t as epic but it had a Fantastic pace to it..

also the show continues to end on fantastic cliffhangers.

^^^^

Well edited didn't drag

Cast has amazing chemistry

Crazy insane but made sense

I missed the mid credit scenes had to go back to watch

Season 4 looks insane.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The Umbrella Academy to end with season 4, creator working on Horizon Zero Dawn game adaptation

Netflix has extended its relationship with Steve Blackman, who will write and produce new shows and continue to develop Horizon Zero Dawn and Orbital.

By Joey NolfiAugust 25, 2022 at 10:19 AM EDT

Netflix just rained down some bad news on fans of The Umbrella Academy.
The streaming network announced Thursday that season 4 of the beloved comic book adaptation will be its last.
"I'm so excited that the incredibly loyal fans of The Umbrella Academy will be able to experience the fitting end to the Hargreeves siblings' journey we began five years ago," creator Steve Blackman said in a statement. "But before we get to that conclusion, we've got an amazing story ahead for season 4, one that will have fans on the edge of their seats until the final minutes."

Netflix revealed it has also extended its working relationship with Blackman, who will write and produce new series for it. He is currently developing projects based on the video game Horizon Zero Dawn and another series titled Orbital.

'The Umbrella Academy'

| CREDIT: NETFLIX
"Horizon Zero Dawn and Orbital are on the surface very different shows from each other and from The Umbrella Academy," Blackman said in a Q&A with Netflix's Tudum site. "One takes place a thousand years in the future, in a world completely remade by massive machines. The other is set near present-day on a space station. From a character- and world-building perspective, there's a clear throughline: I gravitate to characters who are grounded and relatable but exist on the fringe. Outliers who struggle to find their place in a world of conformity and structure. All my stories strive to subvert expectation and find a new way of looking into the worlds we think we know."
Based on My Chemical Romance musician Gerard Way's comic book collaboration with artist Gabriel Bá, The Umbrella Academy follows a family of former child superheroes who reunite in adulthood to fight evil forces.
The Emmy-nominated series stars central cast members Elliot Page, Tom Hopper, David Castañeda, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Robert Sheehan, and Aiden Gallagher, with the likes of Mary J. Blige, Colm Feore, Cameron Britton, and Kate Walsh also appearing throughout its run.

"I think it depends on the siblings," Gallagher previously told EW when asked to elaborate on the future of the characters. "Who's going to end up wrestling with this reality versus accept it and try to cut out a semblance of a normal life?"
All episodes of The Umbrella Academy are now streaming on Netflix.