Netflix's Kaleidoscope (Giancarlo Esposito fans) a big twist on how to watch it!! THERE IS NO ORDER TO THE EPISODES!!

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Kaleidoscope — a heist series — bears a peculiar and unique format: as it has no real "order" for how you should watch it. Yes, Netflix isn't listing the series with episode numbers, but instead with names of colors. So you'll first see an episode called "Black," which is the first episode you're supposed to watch.
Then, there's Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, Red, Violet and Yellow in the middle — and most users shouldn't see those episodes in the same order, as Netflix shuffles the episodes for every user. Lastly, there's the finale, "White."

for kicks list the order of the episode you watched.,,lets see if theres a better way to see it...:puzzled::puzzled::puzzled:

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Mannnnnnnnnnn, i thought it was just me.... I started watching yesterday started off with Black and then Red I think.. I was like.. "Did I miss something..." LOL... I will knock out the rest this week.

Bro you seen it so what is the appropriate minimum age for this?

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
DEFINITE

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

heist flick...mystery to it.....out of order viewing...is this this generations

Usual_suspects_ver1.jpg

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cool concept.. it started me off with Green, Yellow, Blue, Violet

Here's the chronological order of the episodes if you're curious

1. Violet: 24 years before the heist
  2. Green: 7 years before the heist
  3. Yellow: 6 weeks before the heist
  4. Orange: 3 weeks before the heist
  5. Blue: 5 days before the heist
  6. White: the day of the heist
  7. Red: the morning after the heist
  8. Pink: 6 months after the heist

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

1. Violet: 24 years before the heist
  2. Green: 7 years before the heist
  3. Yellow: 6 weeks before the heist
  4. Orange: 3 weeks before the heist
  5. Blue: 5 days before the heist
  6. White: the day of the heist
  7. Red: the morning after the heist
  8. Pink: 6 months after the heist
Props

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Cat, I didn't see anything inappropriate. I didn't go into the show to see if it would have been appropriate for some little kids. My Youngest is 17, but I have a niece that is 10, I wouldn't have had an issue with her watching, maybe just her following the plot. Hope that helps.

Perfect appreciate you

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The first ep thats supposed to be black says YELLOW....anyone else get this?? is there a BLACK ep?

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
why would Roger hire Hannah knowing what happened with her father?
My viewing order so far:
Violet
Blue
Green
Yellow
About to start Orange

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
why would Roger hire Hannah knowing what happened with her father?
My viewing order so far:
Violet
Blue
Green
Yellow
About to start Orange

NIGGA YOU STARTED WITH VIOLET????
VIOLET NIGGA SERIOUSLY??
HOW THE HELL YOU GON'
START WITH VIOLET??!?:scream::scream::scream:

200w.gif

FUCK VIOLET NIGGA!! I SAID FUCK YO VIOLET!!!
they should have never gave you niggas netflix!!! :pain::pain:

:giggle:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
NIGGA YOU STARTED WITH VIOLET????
VIOLET NIGGA SERIOUSLY??
HOW THE HELL YOU GON'
START WITH VIOLET??!?:scream::scream::scream:

200w.gif

FUCK VIOLET NIGGA!! I SAID FUCK YO VIOLET!!!
they should have never gave you niggas netflix!!! :pain::pain:

:giggle:
I didn't do anything. It just started with it right after the intro.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There's no order to to watch the episodes but if you watch the Pink first, which is 6 months after the heist...

That would lead one to believe that was kinda the ending, correct?

200w.gif

Nitsuj18

Star
Platinum Member

Violet: 24 years before the heist

Green: 7 years before the heist

Yellow: 6 weeks before the heist

Orange: 3 weeks before the heist

Blue: 5 days before the heist

White: the day of the heist

Red: the morning after the heist

Pink: 6 montIb nhs after the heist

I watched yellow first... then violet ...followed the order above afterwards. Cool series. Didn't like the end though... well pink

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How to Watch ‘Kaleidoscope’ Episodes in the Best Order (vulture.com)

I haven't watched it, but it explains several ways.

This kind of reminds me of a movie that came out around 2000 that was called Timecode. I wouldn't go and seek it out, but it's a 90-minute movie dealing with 4 different people, all in their own quadrant on the screen. Every quadrant is its own story, and all 4 are in a single shot and in real time with each other. Over the 90 minutes all of the stories overlap with each other. It's not worth seeking out because the payoff isn't all that great, but a interesting film where you can get different things out of it depending on how you watch it.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My mind doesn't work in a way that would let me figure out how to do this myself. Hats off to the artsy creative people
yeah this actually utilizes what streaming can do thats different from tradition television networks. This literally personalizes your experience in digesting the story.

the next step may be writng a series in a way that changes the ending if you watch it in certain orders.

its been done before...in 1985

movieposter_en.jpg

Inspired by the nature of the board game, the film's initial release featured various different endings, with one of three possibilities sent to each theater. Home media releases include all three endings presented sequentially. The film initially received mixed reviews and did poorly at the box office, grossing $14.6 million in the United States against its budget of $15 million,[2] but later developed a considerable cult following

It flopped in the theater. But NOW with streaming in your home and advances in technology I would imagine it would be simpler to do but the story is still the key tho.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
so far its

GREEN
VIOLET
YELLOW (in the middle of that ep)

in a sense its not THAT ground breaking with the time jumps since we've all seen that in movies and tv shows all the time... the difference here is that each different time setting is its own episode rather than a small 10 minute part of a larger movie the TWIST is youre encouraged to jumble it up rather than watch it in the order the writer or director intended.

Imagine if say the different segments in PULP FICTION where more fleshed out and were rearranged at the viewers choice?

these guys just took the next step..:shades:

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
my order was green,yellow,violet
I'm 3 episodes in and I'm enjoying it so far. Netflix hyped up the unique way the episodes play out,not in order and titled with different colors but for me basically characters are introduced and it's like watching flashbacks about how everything came together for a big heist.Some of it reminds me of various heist movies and TV shows I've watched over the years.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
How to Watch ‘Kaleidoscope’ Episodes in the Best Order (vulture.com)

I haven't watched it, but it explains several ways.

This kind of reminds me of a movie that came out around 2000 that was called Timecode. I wouldn't go and seek it out, but it's a 90-minute movie dealing with 4 different people, all in their own quadrant on the screen. Every quadrant is its own story, and all 4 are in a single shot and in real time with each other. Over the 90 minutes all of the stories overlap with each other. It's not worth seeking out because the payoff isn't all that great, but a interesting film where you can get different things out of it depending on how you watch it.

I Remember that!!!!

Great pull!

I disagree I think it IS worth seeking out because so many people CLAIM to want new unique non reboot material

That was clever and creative

It was FAR from great

But I really enjoy that type of creativity and could see in 2023 especially with the new technology someone trying that again.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
yeah this actually utilizes what streaming can do thats different from tradition television networks. This literally personalizes your experience in digesting the story.

the next step may be writng a series in a way that changes the ending if you watch it in certain orders.

its been done before...in 1985

movieposter_en.jpg

Inspired by the nature of the board game, the film's initial release featured various different endings, with one of three possibilities sent to each theater. Home media releases include all three endings presented sequentially. The film initially received mixed reviews and did poorly at the box office, grossing $14.6 million in the United States against its budget of $15 million,[2] but later developed a considerable cult following

It flopped in the theater. But NOW with streaming in your home and advances in technology I would imagine it would be simpler to do but the story is still the key tho.

I remember the actual ANGER when this was released

But I think NOW?

The public would LOVE THIS

Especially if the studio and theatres could keep the ending secret?

Maybe each week the movie has a different ending? Not even sending it out to the theatres until the night before?

Then a few weeks into the run having marathons and having a different ending for streaming AND physical?

Last edited:

HisFlyness

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
So there is really no need to watch this in a specific order?

I'd say no. I watched in the random order that Netflix chose, and it all made sense.

My order of episodes was

Yellow
Green
Blue
Orange
Violet
Red
Pink
White

No matter what random order you receive, White will be shown last.

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
just saw it

GREEN
VIOLET
YELLOW
ORANGE
BLUE
RED
PINK
WHITE

Honestly when you put the pieces together it plays like a cross between Oceans 11 and a Tarantino movie now that I've seen every ep I don't feel the need to rewatch it but I did like it.

I think the CLUE structure where different endings are inserted depending on the shuffle should be the next step...

Last edited: