Netflix's Kaleidoscope (Giancarlo Esposito fans) a big twist on how to watch it!! THERE IS NO ORDER TO THE EPISODES!!

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
I don’t understand how his daughter is half Korean with a last name Kim when the mom was Black and has a Korean sister but the daughter and the Korean were kissing like they were dating? What?!? Also never explained how she ended up being so close to his ex friend and working for him

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t understand how his daughter is half Korean with a last name Kim when the mom was Black and has a Korean sister but the daughter and the Korean were kissing like they were dating? What?!? Also never explained how she ended up being so close to his ex friend and working for him
Just for clarity I'm not laughing at you...I'm laughing in agreement..I thought they'd give some backstory on that but if they did..I missed it.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gonna check it out..I love flicks that are played out in a non linear fashion..(Memento, "GO", Tarantino flicks, 2 days in the valley etc.)

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Just for clarity I'm not laughing at you...I'm laughing in agreement..I thought they'd give some backstory on that but if they did..I missed it.
That totally ruined the series for me. At first I was like oh she a lesbian since she went on a date with a broad and scammed her. Then you see her living with a Korean broad and they speaking Korean. Then before work they are hugging and kiss and she says I love you see you later. Then later she introduces her as her sister and helps her get a job because she’s her sister and they share the same last name and behave like siblings. All while acting like they weren’t flirting and kissing prior!?!? Shit is pure madness

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That totally ruined the series for me. At first I was like oh she a lesbian since she went on a date with a broad and scammed her. Then you see her living with a Korean broad and they speaking Korean. Then before work they are hugging and kiss and she says I love you see you later. Then later she introduces her as her sister and helps her get a job because she’s her sister and they share the same last name and behave like siblings. All while acting like they weren’t flirting and kissing prior!?!? Shit is pure madness
I think they got a little too cute with the let's jumble up the episodes thing and tried to go for the "oh if you look at in this different order it changes the alliances and motivations of different characters" but all it did was really create plot holes.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Funny how much dudes hate reboot and remakes...

Someone takes a big swing and getting killed

I still ain't finished but I really appreciate the effort and creativity.

Empire

Rising Star
Registered
Funny how much dudes hate reboot and remakes...

Someone takes a big swing and getting killed

I still ain't finished but I really appreciate the effort and creativity.

Because the story was blah and doesn't make sense. If the writers don't care, why should we?

Everything Everywhere All at Once took a swing & hit it out of the park.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Because the story was blah and doesn't make sense. If the writers don't care, why should we?

You know so many people love that movie

And it was good really good

But I didn't feel like it was as unique original as most claim.

Maybe because I saw it after all the accolades

But I've seen that story play out before.

Not with those faces and culture which I think made it resonate with so many

But I didn't find it as... it just didn't connect that way with me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I love heist movie so I'm biased as f*ck

But I have to finish it before I fully commit an opinion

Empire

Rising Star
Registered
I love heist movie so I'm biased as f*ck

But I have to finish it before I fully commit an opinion

I love a good Heist movie. Do you have any suggestions?

You know so many people love that movie

And it was good really good

But I didn't feel like it was as unique original as most claim.

Maybe because I saw it after all the accolades

But I've seen that story play out before.

Not with those faces and culture which I think made it resonate with so many

But I didn't find it as... it just didn't connect that way with me.

The movie was refreshing to me because it had a familiar story but was told in a unique way. The actors really know how to fight and act, so it gave the movie another layer of realness.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I love a good Heist movie. Do you have any suggestions?

The movie was refreshing to me because it had a familiar story but was told in a unique way. The actors really know how to fight and act, so it gave the movie another layer of realness.

Yo my brother...

Ok I put heist and bank jobs together

Inside man! Maybe my favorite?

Kill point

Rififi

You gotta go Sinatra Ocean 11 and all the remakes

Bottle Rocket

The town

King of thieves

Original Italian Job and the remake

Usual suspects

Heist

The score

Reservoir dogs

Army of thieves

Dog day afternoon

Snatch

Getaway

Pelham 123

3 kings

To me? Mission impossible counts cause he always gotta rob something.

Catch me if you can

Now You See Me

Bro i could do this all day no google...

I love all of even more unique stuff like...

Ant man

Last edited:

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yo my brother...

Kill point

Rififi

Bottle Rocket

The town

King of thieves

Usual suspects

Heist

The score

Reservoir dogs

Army of thieves

Dog day afternoon

Snatch

Getaway

Pelham 123

3 kings

Catch me if you can

Now You See Me

Ant man

Great flicks...the only one you missing is "Heat"
.. "Wrath of man" was dope too

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Great flicks...the only one you missing is "Heat"
.. "Wrath of man" was dope too

Bro I told you I could go all day

I put tv series on there too.

Of course Heat

But I was trying to mix popular with some foreign some old some new

The Vault was good

Thief with Andre Braugher

If you want talk any robbery flick

Escape room

Escape from Alcatraz

Sexy beast

Layer cake

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The daughter wasn't half Korean, she was adopted by a Korean family and changed her last name. I don't recall her and the sister kissing romantically, but I'll have to rewatch. The ex-friend tracked the daughter down after he reinvented himself. I'm not sure if he felt guilty or what, but they mentioned he hired her right out of college and fast-tracked her career. I'm sure she remembered him from her childhood so she knew he was living under an assumed identity but I don't think she knew he had anything to do with her Mom's death and her Dad's arrest until after her father reached out.

I liked the show, I think that even though officially they say there is no correct viewing order, but the episodes were presented to me in the same order they are listed on Wikipedia and I think that may be the correct way to see it. Everything made perfect sense, I never felt like the story got too far ahead of itself. I was surprised at all the negative reviews but I chalked that up to low attention span folks trying to multitask while watching. The show jumps around way too much for that, you really have to pay attention to keep track of the timeline and plot. My only complaint, I just wished that hadn't left it open-ended on whether or not the chemist ditched her ex once she found the bag of money. Her shitty husband caused 98% of the grief throughout the show, and if she left that dude it would just prove that she was just as much a shit person as her husband.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yo my brother...

Kill point

Rififi

Bottle Rocket

The town

King of thieves

Usual suspects

Heist

The score

Reservoir dogs

Army of thieves

Dog day afternoon

Snatch

Getaway

Pelham 123

3 kings

Catch me if you can

Now You See Me

Ant man

I'm about to rewatch all these.

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
I started with Violet..24 years before the heist. I haven't read the whole thread. In order to avoid any spoilers. I noticed that they have dates beside all the colors. Which would give you a clue of what order to watch the episodes. Have those dates always been there? or did Netflix go back and add them to help people know which ones to watch first? The reason I ask this because I want to watch it the way it was intended first. With know idea of order.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
451497650_8016210955104930_1968614931353004838_n.jpg