Supacell | New Black Superhero Drama | Discussion

tontotonto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its shit.....its shit Im in other groups that have white people in it so i defended it but since im in here with a bunch of ninjas i can call it for what it is....it is shit. The concept was fine but the writing was poor. The speed dude is a fucking methead clown and the dudes financee is an idiot who always did the opposite of what he told her. She had a death wish.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its shit.....its shit Im in other groups that have white people in it so i defended it but since im in here with a bunch of ninjas i can call it for what it is....it is shit. The concept was fine but the writing was poor. The speed dude is a fucking methead clown and the dudes financee is an idiot who always did the opposite of what he told her. She had a death wish.

As someone who lives and breathes Sci-Fi and all things related to this genre. Respectfully, YOU'RE WRONG!

Of course, like any show of any genre, it has its flaws.

The writing is lacking in some areas, clearly, the lack of budget shows, and some of the acting in some areas as well.

I "ll also mention I hate the name. Yes! It's revealed why it's called "Supacell" but I think the name doesn't do the show justice.

Even with all of that being said, the show is far from"shit?"

The concept while not unique is nice.
The "Crash-like" storytelling and interconnectedness are a nice touch.
Many moments of authentic "Black" acting are perfect.

There is too much good stuff and potential for this show not to get a second season.

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
Interesting take..The Flash knockoff was a low level weed dealer/smoker. Nothing about him said "meth head" to me. Unless you meant to write meat head. His back story explains how he may have became a bit of a slacker. Dude white mom, chose his racist stepdad over him. Basically rejected him because he was half black, but took in his white sibling as his own with no problem. I can see how that would fuck up a kid and cause him to lash out. I think him and Andre(strong man) are the two most complex characters on the show.

The show had a few things that irked me. Like dude telling his girl to get in the car and leave. But she decides to stay, or when he asked where she was at when the drug dealer w/braids started harassing her over the phone, but she wouldn't say. But overall it was really good show in my opinion. I think the concept was dope. Tying real life diseases the affect black people. And how white people used that to exploit them. But I respect your opinion..it may not be for everyone. It's 100X better than some of the Star Wars mess Disney is making in my opinion.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
false!

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Where the hell you get meth head from lol?

And she had a death wish they established she was gonna die first episode lol.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As someone who lives and breathes Sci-Fi and all things related to this genre. Respectfully, YOU'RE WRONG!

Of course, like any show of any genre, it has its flaws.

The writing is lacking in some areas, clearly, the lack of budget shows, and some of the acting in some areas as well.

I "ll also mention I hate the name. Yes! It's revealed why it's called "Supacell" but I think the name doesn't do the show justice.

Even with all of that being said, the show is far from"shit?"

The concept while not unique is nice.
The "Crash-like" storytelling and interconnectedness are a nice touch.
Many moments of authentic "Black" acting are perfect.

There is too much good stuff and potential for this show not to get a second season.
I didn’t like the name but everyone talking about this show so while I think it does the show a disservice like some Tubi shit maybe more simple the better because my timeline full of people watching this shit who never would.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This show was dope as hell. I hate how we get an all black cast and all black director and then want to start nitpicking about shit. I remember Master P got interviewed about selling some noodles and how everyone asking him the benefits of his noodles and he replied yall don’t ask shit about the nutrition of his white competitors…

Not saying we should just accept anything but it was a fun show especially a first season. Coming from a fan of 4400 and early Heroes? Hope we get to dive into this story more.

Thought they prematurely got rid of Krazy character his powers were crazy….

Spoiler:

Also I’m trying to understand that scene so they brought dude back alive just to kill him again lol?

keone

International Member
This show was dope as hell. I hate how we get an all black cast and all black director and then want to start nitpicking about shit. I remember Master P got interviewed about selling some noodles and how everyone asking him the benefits of his noodles and he replied yall don’t ask shit about the nutrition of his white competitors…
right lol smh
Also I’m trying to understand that scene so they brought dude back alive just to kill him again lol?
cant disrespect massa and die on ur own
u need be told off then get killed lol

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting take..The Flash knockoff was a low level weed dealer/smoker. Nothing about him said "meth head" to me. Unless you meant to write meat head. His back story explains how he may have became a bit of a slacker. Dude white mom, chose his racist stepdad over him. Basically rejected him because he was half black, but took in his white sibling as his own with no problem. I can see how that would fuck up a kid and cause him to lash out. I think him and Andre(strong man) are the two most complex characters on the show.

The show had a few things that irked me. Like dude telling his girl to get in the car and leave. But she decides to stay, or when he asked where she was at when the drug dealer w/braids started harassing her over the phone, but she wouldn't say. But overall it was really good show in my opinion. I think the concept was dope. Tying real life diseases the affect black people. And how white people used that to exploit them. But I respect your opinion..it may not be for everyone. It's 100X better than some of the Star Wars mess Disney is making in my opinion.

co-sign 100%

Great character development all around, every main character was fully developed, relatable, and the struggles/pain they were dealing with was palpable. I had the same frustrations you did with the communication between those 2 characters but I realized that a lot of us do that as men because we trying to protect our women but it can sometimes be detrimental when we don't provide enough information.

The love that each of them had for their respective family members and the pain they felt with the inability to completely protect or provide for them really came through and you could feel that shit as a viewer.

The concept of previous generations going through severe struggle and pain so their children can be superheros is an effective metaphor. ....there's way more deeper themes I can see being explored and more developed in future seasons but I can't really bring them up without giving away spoilers

keone

International Member
co-sign 100%

Great character development all around, every main character was fully developed, relatable, and the struggles/pain they were dealing with was palpable. I had the same frustrations you did with the communication between those 2 characters but I realized that a lot of us do that as men because we trying to protect our women but it can sometimes be detrimental when we don't provide enough information.

The love that each of them had for their respective family members and the pain they felt with the inability to completely protect or provide for them really came through and you could feel that shit as a viewer.

The concept of previous generations going through severe struggle and pain so their children can be superheros is an effective metaphor. ....there's way more deeper themes I can see being explored and more developed in future seasons but I can't really bring them up without giving away spoilers
bro lets hear it i added discussion to the thread title

keone

International Member
tosin powers are OP tho
like he would be hard one to kill
time travel and stopping time
he is hero from heroes

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
People complaining about the girlfriend not going home.... Since when do women listen to us? They do the opposite of what you tell them. This nigga went to the future and knew what was going to happen and she still didn't listen.

keone

International Member
People complaining about the girlfriend not going home.... Since when do women listen to us? They do the opposite of what you tell them. This nigga went to the future and knew what was going to happen and she still didn't listen.
Yeah I can overthink some scenes or just let it ride. The death could have been better but who cares same result. She will be back season 2

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I didn’t have a problem with that it was believable to me. You could tell your girl aye I got the winning lotto numbers for the lottery tonight play them….and she wouldn’t lol.