New homes in Atlanta falling apart

ronmch20

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'd have a little meeting with the builder and tell him either undo the damage or get your affairs in order. After he stops laughing I'd tell him most contract killings are never solved and in the coldest voice I could muster I'd tell him yours won't be either. If he refuses to do the right thing and no doubt reports the threat to the police the question becomes do I have the stones to go through with the threat. After meticulous planning including an air tight alibi and insulating myself from involvement the builder would come up missing and I wouldn't have one regret. No way I'd eat a million dollars simply because the law couldn't or wouldn't hold him accountable. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Lol, some gay atlanta ghosts....

giphy.gif
Ghosts going BOO with a lisp...... and the two that bought that crib...... reporter said that he and his partner..... bought it

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'd have a little meeting with the builder and tell him either undo the damage or get your affairs in order. After he stops laughing I'd tell him most contract killings are never solved and in the coldest voice I could muster I'd tell him yours won't be either. If he refuses to do the right thing and no doubt reports the threat to the police the question becomes do I have the stones to go through with the threat. After meticulous planning including an air tight alibi and insulating myself from involvement the builder would come up missing and I wouldn't have one regret. No way I'd eat a million dollars simply because the law couldn't or wouldn't hold him accountable. :hmm:
I understand the sentiment...construction is full of all sorts of characters...not the kind of people I would telegraph my punches too

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
Registered
Throwing up subdivisions in 6 months.
ive seen houses completely built from dirt to complete in a month...literally in these new neighborhoods

my ex lives in that very neighborhood....

i dont understand the appeal of the dh horton suburban life...i cant comprehend it...

i like condos and i know some dont understand that

to each his own

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I dont understand what you tryin to say about orlando homes,
can you elaborate?? whats wrong with have a pool outside
your back door??
always having some issues with, whether its the roof or the boiler,
or some issue with with an asshole neighbor..
Whats the problem with having a pool right outside your back door...??

Orlando and the surrounding area and knowing what I know now about having a pool I wouldn't get it but for a lot of them homes down there that's a big selling point and a lot of times the pool is the best thing about the house.
Now in the 2000's the open floor plan is popular but older homes is a maze or just weirdly constructed....it's not all but just when I've been seeing on these short youtube tours.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Orlando and the surrounding area and knowing what I know now about having a pool I wouldn't get it but for a lot of them homes down there that's a big selling point and a lot of times the pool is the best thing about the house.
Now in the 2000's the open floor plan is popular but older homes is a maze or just weirdly constructed....it's not all but just when I've been seeing on these short youtube tours.

I hear ya.

Is your main issue with pool maintenance???

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
How can you really know you're getting scammed??

Unless you're an expert in building yourself, how you know that what you're buying is solid???

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear ya.
Is your main issue with pool maintenance???
Yes and all the problems that come with a pool,my aunts,cousins had pools and one of my aunts have a problem with shifting,cracks and it's now cemented over and everyone has done the same or sold those homes and moved on.I also understand that most of those homes are cookie cutter houses that are built with older people in mind who move there during the winters and leave before the summer sets in so there's no need for a lot of the extra shit.I was just looking for more bang for my buck....that's all and I understand I could probably get it not looking in the Orlando area,a bit further south somewhere in the middle cause you can't go to much further south.....

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes and all the problems that come with a pool,my aunts,cousins had pools and one of my aunts have a problem with shifting,cracks and it's now cemented over and everyone has done the same or sold those homes and moved on.I also understand that most of those homes are cookie cutter houses that are built with older people in mind who move there during the winters and leave before the summer sets in so there's no need for a lot of the extra shit.I was just looking for more bang for my buck....that's all and I understand I could probably get it not looking in the Orlando area,a bit further south somewhere in the middle cause you can't go to much further south.....

You not feeling Jacksonville huh??

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Something seems off. They didn't have any contingencies in the contract for an inspection or final walk through?

Right. They should have had an outside person do the inspections to make sure things were legit.

My current relator, who is also a lawyer, did his personal inspection and had an outside guy come in to do an inspections as well.

My condo is DC was a new build and I had zero problems in the 12 years I lived in it (outside of buying a new diswasher and microwave).

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The video said that experts pointed out huge issues shortly after they moved in. I'm not sure how long they mean by shortly, but it seems like their inspector missed a bunch of stuff too.
Go read the inspector’s contract they usually use in Georgia. They limit their liability to the fees you pay them. I use expert service providers to inspect the major items of my build. My HVAC installer had to pay me $12k when I found out he used the wrong parts and undersized units for my new home. I stepped on his neck and the builder’s neck until they agreed to pay me.

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Megan in human flesh..lil cac chick has the face like next time I say I want chocolate chips cookies with chocolate milk you better make sure you bring me chocolate milk instead of regular milk..on this day they learned what happens when you get my order wrong

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I hate this kind of shit. You go through all it takes to get a custom home, and the builder is a crook.
This wasn’t a custom home. With a custom home , you don’t go through a broker. You have your own land, design your home with your architect who specifies the choice of materials for you. This was a semi custom home at best. The builder was cutting corners for his money.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This wasn’t a custom home. With a custom home , you don’t go through a broker. You have your own land, design your home with your architect who specifies the choice of materials for you. This was a semi custom home at best. The builder was cutting corners for his money.
Its custom to me. When I'm selecting the options its custom...that dont necessarily mean i designed it myself. Obviously I'm not thinking big enough.