New TV: Abbott Elementary - Very Funny Black version of The Office starring Quinta Brunson UPDATE: CROSSOVER EVENT!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

‘Abbott Elementary’ and ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Take Home Top Honors at ICG Publicists Awards

By Julia MacCary

“Abbott Elementary” and “Top Gun: Maverick” received top honors at the 60th annual International Cinematographers Guild (ICG) Publicists Awards luncheon at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Friday.
The awards honor individual publicists, unit still photographers and entertainment journalists who further publicity campaigns for film and TV. Variety’s senior artisans editor Jazz Tangcay and senior entertainment reporter Angelique Jackson each earned nominations from ICG.
Quinta Brunson of “Abbott Elementary” received the TV showman of the year honor, and the producers of “Top Gun: Maverick” (Jerry Bruckheimer, Tom Cruise, David Ellison and Christopher McQuarrie) received the honor on the film side, with Bruckheimer accepting on behalf of all four.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/robert-blake-dead-baretta-actor-murder-trial-1235548839/

In her speech, Brunson had the crowd laughing as she commended the role of publicists. “I didn’t know that this award show existed…but I’m happy that it does exist, because you all do a job that is incredible, crucial and underappreciated,” Brunson said. “It’s important to have publicists who understand the vision, who I can communicate with. It was really important to me with ‘Abbott Elementary,’ making sure that the messaging was consistent. It was a show that I felt was special, but that meant the messaging about the show had to be special as well.”
See the full list of winners and nominees from the 60th Annual ICG Publicists Awards below.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Tyler James Williams is really sorry about trashing TV sets as a child actor​

The Abbott Elementary star recalled the most rebellious thing he did as a kid on The Jennifer Hudson Show.
Lester Fabian Brathwaite

By Lester Fabian BrathwaiteApril 19, 2023 at 10:10 PM EDT

ABBOTT ELEMENTARY

Abbott Elementary (TV series)

TYPE
  • TV Show
NETWORK
GENRE
No wonder everybody hated Chris.
Abbott Elementary's Tyler James Williams sat down with America's favorite EGOT-winning daytime talk show host Jennifer Hudson and discussed some of the relatively harmless shenanigans he got into as a child actor.
Tyler James Williams on Jennifer Hudson

Tyler James Williams (l) and Jennifer Hudson

| CREDIT: JENNIFER HUDSON SHOW
During a round of quick-fire questions, Hudson asked Williams what was the most rebellious thing he ever did as a kid. After a mischievous little laugh, Williams regaled the audience about how he and a gang of his child actor friends went around making set decorators' lives hell.

"So I spent a lot of my childhood on sets," Williams began. "So we were shooting at Paramount Studios — we were shooting Everybody Hates Chris — and me and my other kid cast members would go and trash other sets and run away."
An aghast Jennifer Hudson listened on as Williams continued, expressing remorse but also making it sound kinda like a blast.
"When I think about it now, like, it's horrible!" he said, noting he was 12 or 13 at the time. "We would shake up, like, soda cans, pop them, and release them, and then take off running. To whoever the set dec was, I'm so sorry."
Imagine if one of those set decorators is working on Abbott now and just realized why they hate Mountain Dew Code Red with a burning passion that keeps them up at night.

Giphy

Awkward.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend