"Not Mine" A Short Story By "PsiBorg"

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
"Not Mine" - PsiBorg

MATTHEW AND GINA’S HOME - DAY

Gina is standing, facing a bedroom wall. Her palms are against the wall. Her blouse is undone. Her skirt is pulled up over her hips; her legs are spread apart.

Curt pulls Gina’s panties to the side. His slacks are around his ankles; his shirt is undone as well. They’re having sex.

Gina looks back at him.

GINA
Damn you, Curt. I ...told you that you can’t... just ... pop up over here anytime you ...feel ...like it.

CURT
Arch your back and ... be quiet. You ... You know you like me... screwing you... in your home. The thought of... us getting caught is ...thrilling isn’t... it?

Gina arches her back more. Curt is right and she knows it. The thought of Matthew walking in on her while she was getting banged out turns her on more than anything. She hates that he knows this.

Curt would park down the street, a small distance away from the house. He’d wait for Matthew to leave, then he’d ring the doorbell. Sometimes, he’d show up without letting her know he was coming. As soon as Matthew’s truck would turn the corner, he’d be ringing the doorbell. She hates this too, but the thrill is exhilarating to her.

Curt orgasms, then pulls out of Gina. He pulls his pants up, and buttons up his shirt.

Gina looks back at him frustrated.

GINA
Already, Curt? You couldn’t hold it a little longer? Damn…

CURT
I told you before, Gina. I’m trying to get mine the quickest way possible. When I’m in it, I’m in it to win it. I’m not playing around. You’re responsible for your own orgasm... not me.

GINA
It’s amazing as to how much of an asshole you can be sometimes. It’s unbelievable.

Curt leaves, leaving Gina standing there with her blouse open and her skirt up.

-THE NEXT DAY-

Gina is sitting on her bed talking with her mother on the telephone.

MOTHER
Gina, you need to get your shit together. You have money, but you’re so mean sometimes. Matthew is a good man. You’re going to fuck around and he’s going to leave you.

GINA
No he isn’t, Mom. You always say that. He loves me too much. He isn’t going anywhere. You’re just saying that shit because Dad left you. I’m not you, Mom.

MOTHER
You’re right, Gina. Your Dad left me because I treated him just like you treat Matthew now. But you’re worse than I was. I’m trying to teach you something, Child. I’m trying to teach you how not to become me. But you’re so freaking hard headed. Gina, please. Don’t be like I was, or you’re going to end up just like me... alone. There’s nothing sadder than a woman who is lonely and selfish.

GINA
I gotta go shower, Mom. I’ll talk with you later. Sheeesh!

Gina hangs up out of frustration. She removes her clothes and steps into the shower. Once she leaves the shower, she heads to her vanity mirror. She accidentally steps on a cufflink, and hurts her foot. She screams for Matthew who comes in running.

MATTHEW
What is it, Gina? Are you alright?

GINA
Dammit, Matt! I told you to pick up your shit. You’re always leaving your shit on the floor. I’m tired of this fucking foolishness. I’m not your mother-fucking maid.

Gina takes the cufflink, and throws it at him, hitting him in the chest with it.

GINA
From now on Matt, if it’s on the floor, it’s going in the trash. I don’t care what it is. I’m so sick of you and this nonsense. My Mom keeps telling me how much of a good man you are. You’re a fucking plumber who can’t keep his shit off of the floor, that’s what you are. Shit, I think I’m cut. You know what? Just get out, Matt. Leave me the Hell alone!

Matthew just looks at her without saying a word. He picks up the cufflink and places it into his pants pocket. He slowly walks out, stunned. He can’t believe what she just said, and what she did.

-THREE MONTHS LATER-

Gina comes home from work. She looks around and notices certain pictures are taken from walls. Matt’s recliner chair is gone as well; so is the big TV. As she looks around; she notices that a lot of things that belong to Matt are gone. She’s curious and nervous. She walks into the master bedroom to find Matt sitting on his side of the bed. There’s a manila envelope on her pillow. She looks at it then opens it, its divorce papers. She looks at him with a puzzled look.

MATTHEW
I’m divorcing you, Gina. There’s no money in the joint accounts. I’ve loaned every penny to my Dad, that way I didn’t have to bother with getting signatures or even closing the accounts. I just wrote him two huge checks. You still have your job, so I’m sure you’ll build the accounts back up in no time. I know you have a separate account that you didn’t tell me about as well. I never cared. I know you’re not broke. I’ve also removed my name from this house. It took me almost three months to do it. But I did it. I’m not on the mortgage anymore either. It’s all yours. Funny thing, you know? I’ve never really liked this house. I don’t think that I’ll miss it at all.

Matthew stands to his feet and picks up his coat, then places it over his arm.

GINA
Matthew, what the Hell are you talking about?

MATTHEW
Gina, do you remember that morning several months ago, when you hurt your foot after you stepped on that cufflink?

GINA
Yeah... I remember that day. What does that have to do with anything? And, I’m not signing any papers, Matthew. I can tell you that right now. You’re going to sit down here and you’re going to tell me what all of this nonsense is about.

Gina throws the papers down onto Matthew’s side of the bed.

MATTHEW
Actually Gina, I’m not going to sit down there. And yes you are going to sign those papers. That is if you don’t want me to go after that hefty 401-K of yours. I’ve been told I can get half of that. So you’re going to sign ’em. You’ve always loved the money more than you’ve ever loved me.

Gina’s stomach starts to bubble. She’s never seen Matthew so calm and so cold.

Matthew puts on his coat. He grabs his car keys. He looks at a picture of the both of them sitting on the dresser. That picture was taken in Cabo, She was sitting on his lap and he was gently holding one of her breasts. They were both a little drunk, but they were happy then. He became sad after looking at it. He knows that he’ll never see that picture again. He heads for the door. He’s off to new possibilities. He stops himself, and turns to her.

MATTHEW
You know that cufflink, Gina?

GINA
What about that stupid, fucking cufflink, Matthew?

MATTHEW
Remember when I know I told you that I was going to the jewelry store to buy a pair? Well, when I got there they didn’t have what I liked. So I bought a tie pin instead. I never bought any cufflinks, Gina. So the one that you stepped on that day... it’s not mine.

Matthew takes the cufflink out of his pants pocket, and tosses it gently onto her side of the bed. He leaves without looking back.

Gina sits down on the bed as she watches Matthew walk out the door. She closes her eyes tightly, she bursts into tears. She hears the front door close, gently. It bothers her that he doesn’t slam the door. He’s not even angry, she thinks to herself. That’s hurtful to her.

Matthew is gone for good. He’ll never speak to her again, and she knows it. She stops crying. She gets up and walks through the house. It isn’t a home anymore. They’d both made it a home. But she’s alone now, it’s a house again. It feels different somehow. It’s eerily quiet, except for when she begins to sob. Suddenly, her mother’s words hit her. She’s a mean and selfish woman. And, she’s really alone now.

-PsiBorg
This is a story I wrote a while back. I'm currently adapting it into a screenplay. There's more to this story, I'm just giving y'all the short version.

I know the formatting is a little weird, so please bear with me.

I was inspired to put it up, and take the criticism just like "Godofwine" did. Any critiques are welcomed.

Colin... Scram. LOLOL

Oh and for you thieves and scoundrels, my shit is already copyrighted. Fuck around and find out!

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"Not Mine" - PsiBorg

MATTHEW AND GINA’S HOME - DAY

Gina is standing, facing a bedroom wall. Her palms are against the wall. Her blouse is undone. Her skirt is pulled up over her hips; her legs are spread apart.

Curt pulls Gina’s panties to the side. His slacks are around his ankles; his shirt is undone as well. They’re having sex.

Gina looks back at him.

GINA
Damn you, Curt. I ...told you that you can’t... just ... pop up over here anytime you ...feel ...like it.

CURT
Arch your back and ... be quiet. You ... You know you like me... screwing you... in your home. The thought of... us getting caught is ...thrilling isn’t... it?

Gina arches her back more. Curt is right and she knows it. The thought of Matthew walking in on her while she was getting banged out turns her on more than anything. She hates that he knows this.

Curt would park down the street, a small distance away from the house. He’d wait for Matthew to leave, then he’d ring the doorbell. Sometimes, he’d show up without letting her know he was coming. As soon as Matthew’s truck would turn the corner, he’d be ringing the doorbell. She hates this too, but the thrill is exhilarating to her.

Curt orgasms, then pulls out of Gina. He pulls his pants up, and buttons up his shirt.

Gina looks back at him frustrated.

GINA
Already, Curt? You couldn’t hold it a little longer? Damn…

CURT
I told you before, Gina. I’m trying to get mine the quickest way possible. When I’m in it, I’m in it to win it. I’m not playing around. You’re responsible for your own orgasm... not me.

GINA
It’s amazing as to how much of an asshole you can be sometimes. It’s unbelievable.

Curt leaves, leaving Gina standing there with her blouse open and her skirt up.

-THE NEXT DAY-

Gina is sitting on her bed talking with her mother on the telephone.

MOTHER
Gina, you need to get your shit together. You have money, but you’re so mean sometimes. Matthew is a good man. You’re going to fuck around and he’s going to leave you.

GINA
No he isn’t, Mom. You always say that. He loves me too much. He isn’t going anywhere. You’re just saying that shit because Dad left you. I’m not you, Mom.

MOTHER
You’re right, Gina. Your Dad left me because I treated him just like you treat Matthew now. But you’re worse than I was. I’m trying to teach you something, Child. I’m trying to teach you how not to become me. But you’re so freaking hard headed. Gina, please. Don’t be like I was, or you’re going to end up just like me... alone. There’s nothing sadder than a woman who is lonely and selfish.

GINA
I gotta go shower, Mom. I’ll talk with you later. Sheeesh!

Gina hangs up out of frustration. She removes her clothes and steps into the shower. Once she leaves the shower, she heads to her vanity mirror. She accidentally steps on a cufflink, and hurts her foot. She screams for Matthew who comes in running.

MATTHEW
What is it, Gina? Are you alright?

GINA
Dammit, Matt! I told you to pick up your shit. You’re always leaving your shit on the floor. I’m tired of this fucking foolishness. I’m not your mother-fucking maid.

Gina takes the cufflink, and throws it at him, hitting him in the chest with it.

GINA
From now on Matt, if it’s on the floor, it’s going in the trash. I don’t care what it is. I’m so sick of you and this nonsense. My Mom keeps telling me how much of a good man you are. You’re a fucking plumber who can’t keep his shit off of the floor, that’s what you are. Shit, I think I’m cut. You know what? Just get out, Matt. Leave me the Hell alone!

Matthew just looks at her without saying a word. He picks up the cufflink and places it into his pants pocket. He slowly walks out, stunned. He can’t believe what she just said, and what she did.

-THREE MONTHS LATER-

Gina comes home from work. She looks around and notices certain pictures are taken from walls. Matt’s recliner chair is gone as well; so is the big TV. As she looks around; she notices that a lot of things that belong to Matt are gone. She’s curious and nervous. She walks into the master bedroom to find Matt sitting on his side of the bed. There’s a manila envelope on her pillow. She looks at it then opens it, its divorce papers. She looks at him with a puzzled look.

MATTHEW
I’m divorcing you, Gina. There’s no money in the joint accounts. I’ve loaned every penny to my Dad, that way I didn’t have to bother with getting signatures or even closing the accounts. I just wrote him two huge checks. You still have your job, so I’m sure you’ll build the accounts back up in no time. I know you have a separate account that you didn’t tell me about as well. I never cared. I know you’re not broke. I’ve also removed my name from this house. It took me almost three months to do it. But I did it. I’m not on the mortgage anymore either. It’s all yours. Funny thing, you know? I’ve never really liked this house. I don’t think that I’ll miss it at all.

Matthew stands to his feet and picks up his coat, then places it over his arm.

GINA
Matthew, what the Hell are you talking about?

MATTHEW
Gina, do you remember that morning several months ago, when you hurt your foot after you stepped on that cufflink?

GINA
Yeah... I remember that day. What does that have to do with anything? And, I’m not signing any papers, Matthew. I can tell you that right now. You’re going to sit down here and you’re going to tell me what all of this nonsense is about.

Gina throws the papers down onto Matthew’s side of the bed.

MATTHEW
Actually Gina, I’m not going to sit down there. And yes you are going to sign those papers. That is if you don’t want me to go after that hefty 401-K of yours. I’ve been told I can get half of that. So you’re going to sign ’em. You’ve always loved the money more than you’ve ever loved me.

Gina’s stomach starts to bubble. She’s never seen Matthew so calm and so cold.

Matthew puts on his coat. He grabs his car keys. He looks at a picture of the both of them sitting on the dresser. That picture was taken in Cabo, She was sitting on his lap and he was gently holding one of her breasts. They were both a little drunk, but they were happy then. He became sad after looking at it. He knows that he’ll never see that picture again. He heads for the door. He’s off to new possibilities. He stops himself, and turns to her.

MATTHEW
You know that cufflink, Gina?

GINA
What about that stupid, fucking cufflink, Matthew?

MATTHEW
Remember when I know I told you that I was going to the jewelry store to buy a pair? Well, when I got there they didn’t have what I liked. So I bought a tie pin instead. I never bought any cufflinks, Gina. So the one that you stepped on that day... it’s not mine.

Matthew takes the cufflink out of his pants pocket, and tosses it gently onto her side of the bed. He leaves without looking back.

Gina sits down on the bed as she watches Matthew walk out the door. She closes her eyes tightly, she bursts into tears. She hears the front door close, gently. It bothers her that he doesn’t slam the door. He’s not even angry, she thinks to herself. That’s hurtful to her.

Matthew is gone for good. He’ll never speak to her again, and she knows it. She stops crying. She gets up and walks through the house. It isn’t a home anymore. They’d both made it a home. But she’s alone now, it’s a house again. It feels different somehow. It’s eerily quiet, except for when she begins to sob. Suddenly, her mother’s words hit her. She’s a mean and selfish woman. And, she’s really alone now.

-PsiBorg
This is a story I wrote a while back. I'm currently adapting it into a screenplay. There's more to this story, I'm just giving y'all the short version.

I know the formatting is a little weird, so please bear with me.

I was inspired to put it up, and take the criticism just like "Godofwine" did. Any critiques are welcomed.

Colin... Scram. LOLOL

Oh and for you thieves and scoundrels, my shit is already copyrighted. Fuck around and find out!

helluva tale... "Poe"borg.. brah

daTiger

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good shit. I enjoy reading you guys' stuff. This one is in script form, I guess you would call it that, so it reads a lil different. I wanted to know more about Gina & Curt relationship and how it evolved to make him feel confident enough to come to dudes house to fuck. And why Gina felt so free to disrespect her husband.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Good shit. I enjoy reading you guys' stuff. This one is in script form, I guess you would call it that, so it reads a lil different. I wanted to know more about Gina & Curt relationship and how it evolved to make him feel confident enough to come to dudes house to fuck. And why Gina felt so free to disrespect her husband.
Thank you, Bro. There's a back story I left out because it would be too long.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Matthew should have invested in a RING doorbell a while ago. #ijs

**He had a plan though.
I wrote that story before the Ring Doorbell was popular. But even if he would have had it, she would have known, so they would have found another place to be together.

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Applause!!!

Wish I could flesh things out like dialogue and so forth. I have plenty of ideas floating around in my head for movies or books, but that's where they stay.

Had a really good idea for the 3rd "Chronicles of Riddick" movie I posted on BGOL many years ago. Funny thing is that I could see everything that needed to take place in the movie as a storyboard ... but I didn't have the dialogue to go with the characters. It's like looking at a comic book but the word bubbles are blanked out.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Applause!!!

Wish I could flesh things out like dialogue and so forth. I have plenty of ideas floating around in my head for movies or books, but that's where they stay.

Had a really good idea for the 3rd "Chronicles of Riddick" movie I posted on BGOL many years ago. Funny thing is that I could see everything that needed to take place in the movie as a storyboard ... but I didn't have the dialogue to go with the characters. It's like looking at a comic book but the word bubbles are blanked out.
Real talk, I see all of my stories as movie scenes. I write them down just so that they'll make sense to me. Then I go over them (over and over) until they'll make sense to others.

Once you start the dialogue, it'll just flow out of you.

So far, I've written like ten stories. I let my friends read them. These are people who'll be brutally honest with me. Once they read them, I go and tweek some things if their criticisms makes to me.

I just wanted to tell stories that made sense. Sometimes the bad guy wins... that's reality. In Hollywood, they usually have a format that's unrealistic to me (the good guy wins almost 99.9% of the time). So, I like to put my spin on the situation.

If you have a idea, flesh that shit out. Don't put yourself on a time table. Write the ideas on sticky notes if you have to. Just get them down.

No one will be able to tell your story like you.
Good luck...

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Great job. Keep up the good work. :clap:

mV4C5l.jpg

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
I wrote that story before the Ring Doorbell was popular. But even if he would have had it, she would have known, so they would have found another place to be together.
True.

Nice job. Good story and easy for the reader to relate to.

Real talk, I see all of my stories as movie scenes. I write them down just so that they'll make sense to me. Then I go over them (over and over) until they'll make sense to others.

Once you start the dialogue, it'll just flow out of you.

So far, I've written like ten stories. I let my friends read them. These are people who'll be brutally honest with me. Once they read them, I go and tweek some things if their criticisms makes to me.

I just wanted to tell stories that made sense. Sometimes the bad guy wins... that's reality. In Hollywood, they usually have a format that's unrealistic to me (the good guy wins almost 99.9% of the time). So, I like to put my spin on the situation.

If you have a idea, flesh that shit out. Don't put yourself on a time table. Write the ideas on sticky notes if you have to. Just get them down.

No one will be able to tell your story like you.
Good luck...
I have loglines for 5 stories myself. I need to make time to flesh a few of them out.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
True.

Nice job. Good story and easy for the reader to relate to.

I have loglines for 5 stories myself. I need to make time to flesh a few of them out.
When I come up with an idea, I just write it down. Then as other ideas about that story come to me, I write them down. There's no structure what so ever.

Then, I'll organize the notes. When I'm done with that, the meat and potatoes of the work is there. Then I'm just working on the nuances of the story.

I encourage anyone here who has a story inside of them to get it down on paper.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm sick of Hollywood rehashing shit. I saw a commercial where they're bringing "Night Court" back. WTF??? After all of these years, the writers in Hollywood are so sorry that they have grab Night Court???

I'm positive that the Bruhs on this board can come up with some helluva shit than can be adapted for the small and big screens.

KoolJay

Vidi Veni Vici
BGOL Investor
Ayoooo, @PsiBorg do you live in the Bmore area?
What's crazy this story sounds like a buddy of mine and his Ex... Crazy part is we call her Gina and his name is not Matthew but does start with a "M". LOL. Actually a GREAT dude.. They used to live in DC. Good luck to you and your endeavors Cat...

godofwine

Supreme Porn Poster - Ret
BGOL Investor
Yes, it is in script form like a screenplay

Having kinda been Curt before, the danger in it is a bit exciting. He gets off on that probably more than the pussy. He feels confident enough to come into the guys house and fuck his wife because he knows that she doesn't respect her husband and this makes Curt respect her even less than that.

It's free, easy pussy that he can have whenever he wants. He makes the schedule.

It's possible he even left the cufflink intentionally.

I've never fully been Curt. I'm not fucking a chick and her husband's house. I do not want to die. She will come to see me, but I'm scared to fuck a chick in her husband's house even after a divorce. I've known a lot of guys go down like that.

One guy barely escaped through the window and the glass from the window shattered from the bullet just as he fell out the window

I told my side piece - actually, not to think about it I was the side piece - that the benefit of fucking around with me versus someone else is that I would never do that.

I looked out for her and would not allow her to be Reckless like that. Every time we got off the phone before I would hang up I would say "make sure you delete the call"

It's a nice story about infidelity, carelessness, recklessness and arrogance come to bear.

She thinks she's hot shit and her mother tries to tell her. Her transformation Point comes near the end when she realizes she's not hot shit. She is alone, evil and mean and that will make her cry for a long long time

Good story, PsiBorg

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Ayoooo, @PsiBorg do you live in the Bmore area?
What's crazy this story sounds like a buddy of mine and his Ex... Crazy part is we call her Gina and his name is not Matthew but does start with a "M". LOL. Actually a GREAT dude.. They used to live in DC. Good luck to you and your endeavors Cat...
I'm in Cali, Bro.

This story is totally fiction. But, I think we all know people who has these characteristics and mannerisms etc...

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor

Having kinda been Curt before, the danger in it is a bit exciting. He gets off on that probably more than the pussy. He feels confident enough to come into the guys house and fuck his wife because he knows that she doesn't respect her husband and this makes Curt respect her even less than that.

It's free, easy pussy that he can have whenever he wants. He makes the schedule.

I've never fully been Curt. I'm not fucking a chick and her husband's house. I do not want to die. She will come to see me, but I'm scared to fuck a chick in her husband's house even after a divorce. I've known a lot of guys go down like that.

One guy barely escaped through the window and the glass from the window shattered from the bullet just as he fell out the window

I told my side piece - actually, not to think about it I was the side piece - that the benefit of fucking around with me versus someone else is that I would never do that.

I looked out for her and would not allow her to be Reckless like that. Every time we got off the phone before I would hang up I would say "make sure you delete the call"

It's a nice story about infidelity, carelessness, recklessness and arrogance come to bear.

She thinks she's hot shit and her mother tries to tell her. Her transformation Point comes near the end when she realizes she's not hot shit. She is alone, evil and mean and that will make her cry for a long long time

Good story, PsiBorg
Yes, Bro...

Curt is definitely an alpha male. He doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself. That's her attraction to him. He's a brilliant man and he knows it. He also makes sure that everyone around him knows it as well.

Gina is brilliant in her own right, but not like Curt. Gina also has Daddy issues as well. Her mother knows where her daughter is headed. But, like a lot of grown children, they don't want to hear the wisdom from the elders.

Matthew is a simple man, a good man. He works his ass off for his family. He has a dirty job, but it's honorable. Unfortunately for him, his wife has a much better job, therefore she looks down on her husband's occupation.

Gina feels like Matt is lucky to have her as a mate. But in reality, it's the other way around.

daTiger

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Good story, PsiBorg

No doubt bruh. I get it. I was just curious to see how he would've written it. Believe me, I've been Curt before. I met this chick at the club. She had come all by herself and it was her birthday.

I remember, she was upset at the husband for some reason or another so she said fuck it, its my birthday and I'm going to the club. I met her, bought some drinks and we danced. After a while we were all over each other. She had a lil black dress on so my hands were all in them panties.

It got hot and heavy so I told her to follow me to the crib. Of course we fucked and had a damn good time. Chick called me the next week and told me what time her husband leaves the crib for work and she wanted me to come over and fuck her. I was like why can't you come over here?

Chick said she had a small kid and only one car and the hubby takes it to work. So I agree and go to the crib and fuck the shit out of her. I can say, there is something about the adrenaline you feel when doing that shit. I did it several times and finally wised up and said no more.

I ended it altogether, because our chemistry was so good that I knew we'd fuck up sooner or later. Afterwards, we would run into each other at the mall and a couple of other places and would always give each other that look.

Shit, I was 24 back then, she was 21. I couldn't fathom doing that shit now. I wouldn't even fuck with a separated woman today. I can't believe I took those chances. To be young and dumb...

godofwine

BGOL Investor
Gina feels like Matt is lucky to have her as a mate. But in reality, it's the other way around.
There was a How I Met Your Mother episode about this where the discussion was about in every relationship there's a lucky one. There's one who outkicked their coverage and there's one who 'settles' in a way and it's not always who you think.

Funny thing is, she thinks she's the one who settled, but she is the lucky one who outkicked their coverage and got with a great person. But she's pretty and has money so that gives her confidence that she's more than she is

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
But she's pretty and has money so that gives her confidence that she's more than she is

You hit the nail on the head, Bruh.

She's the definition of a "Modern Woman." The cold thing is, I wrote this around 2010. I just go back to my stories to refine them from time to time.

godofwine

BGOL Investor
You hit the nail on the head, Bruh.

She's the definition of a "Modern Woman." The cold thing is, I wrote this around 2010. I just go back to my stories to refine them from time to time.
I do the same.

One of the Romantic novels I'm writing that will be compared to The Fault in Our Stars has an extremely strong premise. I started writing it years and years ago maybe 2012 or 2013.

I recently found it buried on my work computer and though some of it showed my lack of experience, there was a good deal of it that I could still use today just as it is.

It's wild looking at some of your old stuff. You see that you had Talent, you also see how much it has refined with time, but there are some stretches in those pieces where you were just in a Zone.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
It's wild looking at some of your old stuff. You see that you had Talent, you also see how much it has refined with time, but there are some stretches in those pieces where you were just in a Zone.
Agreed...

I look at my stuff sometimes and I wonder, "Where the Hell did that flow from?" I have some shit that would make "Jordan Peele" go, "Homie, let me produce that for you." I just have to figure out how to get it into the right hands.

I'm teaching myself how to structure screenplays. It's tough when you have to do it all yourself: writing, editing, structure etc...

I had a cat tell me, "Bro, you know I don't like to read at all. But I couldn't put that shit down." This let me know that my stuff could very well be marketable.

Also, I try to specialize in short stories. I ask myself, "Can I tell a good story (movie) within 15-30 minutes? My answer is yes.