Note 9 - Sprint as the Carrier

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I have a question...I had to switch to Sprint temporarily due to some legal issues with T-mobile (I miss them) but...

Does anyone here have the Note 9 with SPRINT and can you conference call, drop a call off the conference call, merge a call, or if a call comes in, can you answer and swap calls without having to hang up up both parties?

Samsung is saying it's Sprint and Sprint is saying it a Samsung software issue and either way I'm fucked because I can't do simple shit like call waiting. It use to be if I was on the phone and a call came in, I would have the option to hang up with the current call, merge a call, or decline the call, and with this phone I can't do jack.

Tomorrow Sprint is giving me the option to choose another phone and I love my Notes, but not sure if it's limited to the Note or all of Sprint.

Anyone else have this issue? Yes I did google and see other issues, but trying to see if anyone here did and how did the resolve it.

by the way, I FUCKING HATE SPRINT.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I don't have a note but I used to have them as a carrier. You should be able to do conference calls and call waiting, but you can't use the internet and the phone at the same time.

You can try asking this on a Sprint forum or the forums at android central also.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Its more than likely a combination of both due to Sprints CDMA technology and the software load on your Note.

You're not going to be able to merge calls like you did on T-Mobile (or ATT) but the call waiting/decline issue shouldn't be an issue with a Sprint branded device.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
I don't have a note but I used to have them as a carrier. You should be able to do conference calls and call waiting, but you can't be use the internet and the phone at the same time.

You can try asking this on a Sprint forum or the forums at android central also.

No longer true but you need a device that has been made within the past 2-3 years.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
No longer true but you need a device that has been made within the past 2-3 years.

Wait, you can use the internet and the phone now? I keep running into folks who still can't do this. I thought that was true of all CDMA networks like sprint and Verizon.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Sprint is going to fuck your shit up royal
Please don't say that, because I should have gone back to AT&T

I don't have a note but I used to have them as a carrier. You should be able to do conference calls and call waiting, but you can't be use the internet and the phone at the same time.

I found this out the hard way as well.

Its more than likely a combination of both due to Sprints CDMA technology and the software load on your Note.

You're not going to be able to merge calls like you did on T-Mobile (or ATT) but the call waiting/decline issue shouldn't be an issue with a Sprint branded device.
So I'm stuck with this issue? Or should I go with the S10? Will it be the same issue?

I can't on my Note 9 either. I've been fighting this issue since beginning of August.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Wait, you can use the internet and the phone now? I keep running into folks who still can't do this. I thought that was true of all CDMA networks like sprint and Verizon.
The manager at the store I got my phone from wants me to bring my phone back in so she can fix a setting so I can do both as well.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Sprint is going to fuck your shit up royal
Yup. Sprint ain't shit.

K3jbRK.jpg

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Under Settings and Networks there should be an option for VoLTE. Thos was installed on my device about 3 or so updates ago. Sprint said it was added in the update, but users have to manually make the switch since more VoLTE = more strain on their already fragile network...

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is still true, only time you can use both is when you're on Wifi

No it is not... Sprint has VoLTE in a lot of markets now, the soft launch was as early as last November supposedly in some markets.... Cleveland wasn't on the list, but I had it in March or April.... Check the last big Sprint thread....

Here is the page that tells you how to turn it on, wait about a minute and you'll know if its available if it connects and displays the VoLte symbol

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/volte.html

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
If the problem is Sprint's version of the Note 9, I'd check to see if the unlocked version on Verizon/Sprint has the problem as well. If it doesn't, you could flash your firmware to the unlocked version.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor

Yes, VOLTE was turned on last year.

Please don't say that, because I should have gone back to AT&T

I found this out the hard way as well.

So I'm stuck with this issue? Or should I go with the S10? Will it be the same issue?

I can't on my Note 9 either. I've been fighting this issue since beginning of August.

S10 won't have the issue however you still won't be able to merge an incoming call like you did with T-Mobile.

This is still true, only time you can use both is when you're on Wifi

No it's not, your mobile device needs to be upgraded.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't have a note but I used to have them as a carrier. You should be able to do conference calls and call waiting, but you can't use the internet and the phone at the same time.

On wifi u can

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Sprint, Verizon, ATT and T-Mo are all LTE networks now.

They still have the legacy networks those will slowly be turned off.

If they have an iPhone 8 or an S8 or 9 then they have this option on Sprint.

They have to update their software and turn the feature on.

flx2000

Photographer
BGOL Investor
Yes, VOLTE was turned on last year.

S10 won't have the issue however you still won't be able to merge an incoming call like you did with T-Mobile.

No it's not, your mobile device needs to be upgraded.
I have the iPhone 11 pro, I'll be testing this out soon

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Android Phones with VoLTE:
Depending on the device, VoLTE will be in one of the following locations:

Settings > Connections or Network & Internet > Voice Networks. Set the VoLTE toggle to On.

Settings > Connections or Network & Internet > Mobile Networks. Set the VoLTE toggle to On.

Search for VoLTE in Settings

iOS Phones with VoLTE:
iOS 12: Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE. VoLTE is On when the value is set to Voice & Data.

iOS 13: Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data > LTE, VoLTE On

The following devices support VoLTE. Be sure to have device software updated to the latest version to support this feature.

Apple

• iPhone 8, 8 Plus and newer models
  • Apple Watch Series 3 and newer. Requires Cellular Activation.
Samsung

• Galaxy S8, S8+, S8 Active
  • Galaxy S8 SE, S8+ SE
  • Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+, S10 5G
  • Galaxy S10e SE, S10 SE, S10+ SE
  • Galaxy A10e, A20, A50
  • Galaxy A10e SE, A20 SE, A50 SE
  • Galaxy Note10, Note10+
  • Galaxy Note10 SE, Note10+ SE
LG

• V30+
  • Tribute Empire
  • V50 ThinQ 5G
  • G8
  • Stylo 5
Google

• Pixel 3, 3 XL and newer models
OnePlus

• OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
Sprint and our device vendors are currently upgrading select devices to VoLTE. Going forward, VoLTE will be included on nearly all new device launches.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Android Phones with VoLTE:
Depending on the device, VoLTE will be in one of the following locations:

Settings > Connections or Network & Internet > Voice Networks. Set the VoLTE toggle to On.

Settings > Connections or Network & Internet > Mobile Networks. Set the VoLTE toggle to On.

Search for VoLTE in Settings

iOS Phones with VoLTE:
iOS 12: Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE. VoLTE is On when the value is set to Voice & Data.

iOS 13: Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data > LTE, VoLTE On

The following devices support VoLTE. Be sure to have device software updated to the latest version to support this feature.

Apple

Samsung

• Galaxy S8, S8+, S8 Active
  • Galaxy S8 SE, S8+ SE
  • Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+, S10 5G
  • Galaxy S10e SE, S10 SE, S10+ SE
  • Galaxy A10e, A20, A50
  • Galaxy A10e SE, A20 SE, A50 SE
  • Galaxy Note10, Note10+
  • Galaxy Note10 SE, Note10+ SE
LG

• V30+
  • Tribute Empire
  • V50 ThinQ 5G
  • G8
  • Stylo 5
Google

• Pixel 3, 3 XL and newer models
OnePlus

• OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
Sprint and our device vendors are currently upgrading select devices to VoLTE. Going forward, VoLTE will be included on nearly all new device launches.

Thank you. I see the Note 9 isn't on your list and they did try the settings you mentioned up above. So I'll try to go to the S10 then because I know I'm not getting the Note 10 out of them.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
After
Thank you. I see the Note 9 isn't on your list and they did try the settings you mentioned up above. So I'll try to go to the S10 then because I know I'm not getting the Note 10 out of them.

Yeah according to a few forums, when the Note 9 had the Oreo OS VoLTE was available, however after the Pie update, Sprint purposely removed that option...

So yeah the S10 is your phone, for VoLTE

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nope. My sister has the iphone 9 and she can't call and surf at the same time

If she didn't update the phone or manually turn on that option, she may be in the last few areas without it, however.... It's been awhile.... Ask her if she ever checked the connection in settings. She should have it,..

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
After

Yeah according to a few forums, when the Note 9 had the Oreo OS VoLTE was available, however after the Pie update, Sprint purposely removed that option...

So yeah the S10 is your phone, for VoLTE
Thank you.

Nope. My sister has the iphone 9 and she can't call and surf at the same time

Funny thing my daughter has iPhone XR and has no issues. That's crazy

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
What is an updated device
I have an iphone x on sprint

iOS Phones with VoLTE:

Apple

Samsung

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
iOS Phones with VoLTE:

Apple

Samsung
07632328-E649-427-A-928-F-73-D5-E3730352.png

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Using VoLTE does allow S10 users on the Shitty Sprint network to both surf the internet and make voice calls...at a price. The calls drop more often and at times the person you're talking to will not be able to hear you for no reason. Sprint is just plain old shitty. Its cheap, but its shitty.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Using VoLTE does allow S10 users on the Shitty Sprint network to both surf the internet and make voice calls...at a price. The calls drop more often and at times the person you're talking to will not be able to hear you for no reason. Sprint is just plain old shitty. Its cheap, but its shitty.
I haven't heard anyone with those problems.

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I don't see how this is possible lol

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I've been telling my sister to leave Sprint since forever. She wont listen. There's no way I'd pay money for bad service.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Whatever problem they said Sprint did is true lol the shittiest network since forever ... How does that S hit still exist who fucking knows... That Shi t shouldve died once Nextel phones went out of style... How bad is Sprint you probably have a better day trying to juggle chainsaws with no hands than deal with Sprint service... Wait till you get a mysterious charge for nothing ... The sprint 2-300 mysterious charge was legendary back in the days