Note 9 - Sprint as the Carrier

sumofyallniggasisbitches2

BootyEnthusiast; Ass-preneur
BGOL Investor
Wait, you can use the internet and the phone now?

You still can't do this with Sprint.....I was just roasting my girl today about her phone because she has a Galaxy S4. She wants to upgrade but with Sprint's newer phones you can't be on the phone and use the internet at the same time. The only work around with this is if you are on wifi, but you still cannot do it on their network.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
You still can't do this with Sprint.....I was just roasting my girl today about her phone because she has a Galaxy S4. She wants to upgrade but with Sprint's newer phones you can't be on the phone and use the internet at the same time. The only work around with this is if you are on wifi, but you still cannot do it on their network.

That's not accurate information.

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
When the government made Sprint give up those frequencies that ran the Nextel network, theie service has gone downhill. They change CEOs like a roll of towel paper. Gary Forsee was their last CEO who knew telecommunications. The t-mobile merger will be the best thing they can do other than slowly decline.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No it is not... Sprint has VoLTE in a lot of markets now, the soft launch was as early as last November supposedly in some markets.... Cleveland wasn't on the list, but I had it in March or April.... Check the last big Sprint thread....

Here is the page that tells you how to turn it on, wait about a minute and you'll know if its available if it connects and displays the VoLte symbol

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/services/volte.html
is that also comsidered Wifi- Calling?

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
07632328-E649-427-A-928-F-73-D5-E3730352.png

You should be all set.

is that also comsidered Wifi- Calling?
No

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whatever problem they said Sprint did is true lol the shittiest network since forever ... How does that S hit still exist who fucking knows... That Shi t shouldve died once Nextel phones went out of style... How bad is Sprint you probably have a better day trying to juggle chainsaws with no hands than deal with Sprint service... Wait till you get a mysterious charge for nothing ... The sprint 2-300 mysterious charge was legendary back in the days
Because its cheap and u can get over on them.
For yeaaaaaarsI had a sprint plan that was unlimited everything $25.no tax

Also back in the day you could call them and say “ i cant afford to pay my bill right now i have to cancel my service” and they would give you a couple of months free”.

been loyaly scamming them since 99

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because its cheap and u can get over on them.
For yeaaaaaarsI had a sprint plan that was unlimited everything $25.no tax

Also back in the day you could call them and say “ i cant afford to pay my bill right now i have to cancel my service” and they would give you a couple of months free”.

been loyaly scamming them since 99
I cosign your assertions...Right now I have a Sprint plan that I was grandfathered into from many years ago and it is Unlimited Everything for $25.00, although I do have taxes, govt regulatory fees and Sprint Surcharges...actually comes up to between $31-$32.50 a month. And that is the ONLY reason that I stay with their bullshit.

flx2000

Photographer
BGOL Investor
Confirmed, you can make calls and browse the web.
I had the settings turned on by default on my phone

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
I have a question...I had to switch to Sprint temporarily due to some legal issues with T-mobile (I miss them) but...

Does anyone here have the Note 9 with SPRINT and can you conference call, drop a call off the conference call, merge a call, or if a call comes in, can you answer and swap calls without having to hang up up both parties?

Samsung is saying it's Sprint and Sprint is saying it a Samsung software issue and either way I'm fucked because I can't do simple shit like call waiting. It use to be if I was on the phone and a call came in, I would have the option to hang up with the current call, merge a call, or decline the call, and with this phone I can't do jack.

Tomorrow Sprint is giving me the option to choose another phone and I love my Notes, but not sure if it's limited to the Note or all of Sprint.

Anyone else have this issue? Yes I did google and see other issues, but trying to see if anyone here did and how did the resolve it.

by the way, I FUCKING HATE SPRINT.
You are better off with cricket. Sprint ain't shit and if I had to guess it would be Sprint. I do all of those things with AT&T.

Alumni

Lover of huge titties
Platinum Member
People in here dogging Sprit makes me scratch my head. I've had their service for years, never had a problem, never had a bill messed up, never had my phone not work. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. :dunno:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Sprint is the scam most wireless company. They started doing something to mess with my hotspot and when you go in, they will sign you up for another line instead of swapping you out. You have to pay off their equipment first to stop the service billing.

They gave me some Coolpad Surf which has horrible speeds and uses 802.11n versus the other equipment I had. They tried to steer me toward this garbage rather than telling they have equipment issues with the other hotspot.

I knew more about their equipment than some of the customer service rep.

They force you to give out and use their number because any phone call will shut down your data service. Being on Google Voice somebody calling you on your Sprint number will disconnect you. Google Voice allows you to move easily to other carriers which they are trying to stop.

When their service worked, it was okay, but when I started having problems, it was scam city. I would sign up for their service online, don't deal with no asshole rep in the store.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
It looks like you can talk and do data at the same time with certain phones, you have to enable VOLTE which will display VOLTE+ on the phone. Their speeds blow Verizon away in my area.

I tried Visible and it was horrible with high pings and slow speeds, what a waste of $60...