{~}Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread - it’s that time again, this thread coming to a end

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

I think he's hurt pretty badly. Maxey gonna have to wile out...........which he can by the way.

raqQIB.jpg

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
82 games was the norm for damn near 40 years...now niggas can barely make 65....foh mofos softer than jello

Nope

That's not it

Playing too much is off season not during the season.

There used to be a season for children and teens and adults in sports

You're talking about a time when they'd drink beers and fish all summer then come into training camp overweight and then work themselves into shape

NOW they better be in peak shape 365 on top of the wear and tear

Now they're playing basketball from age 7 all year round with no time off and it catches up to you

They're not soft
They're overextended for decades

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Nope

That's not it

You're talking about a time when they'd drink beers and fish all summer then come into training camp overweight and then work themselves into shape

Now they're playing basketball from age 7 all year round with no time off and it catches up to you

They're not soft
These niggas soft as baby shit bruh. It's a sign of the times though. You can't avoid saying it. :smh: Niggas got no love for the game. Sixers had to hide A.I.'s jersey to get him to take a night off. That wasn't 30 years ago. Dude loved the game not just the perks that came with it.

pR4yPf.jpg

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
These niggas soft as baby shit bruh. It's a sign of the times though. You can't avoid saying it. :smh: Niggas got no love for the game. Sixers had to hide A.I.'s jersey to get him to take a night off. That wasn't 30 years ago. Dude loved the game not just the perks that came with it.

pR4yPf.jpg

They love it too much now
By the time they get to the league they've been playing a professional schedule for 15 years

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nope

That's not it

They're not soft

^^^

I wish someone could sit down and calculate all the minutes Lebron has played since GRADE SCHOOL.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Niggas need ta man the fuck up. They have much better treatment and services for these guys. No need for all these punk pussy spa days to be taken for these guys.

4oiGls.jpg

Yea now
But they worked 12 years on the job before they started to get paid lol

Like no other profession is that ok in

Doctor's ain't rising up the ranks of surgery after school all summer performing surgery getting their wait up in hopes of one day making it to st Jude's

Ppl ain't going around all year putting out fires in hopes of making it to the fire house

Etc etc

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Yea now

Doctor's ain't rising up the ranks of surgery after school all summer performing surgery getting their wait up in hopes of one day making it to st Jude's

Ppl ain't going around all year putting out fires in hopes of making it to the fire house

Etc etc
No excuses. You can rest when your dead. Right now the living need rings. This is a society full of excuses. That's why I say these players are a sign of the times. :smh:

AtgO9a.jpg

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

@4 Dimensional @largebillsonlyplease @REDLINE
They play too much that's why

Some need to be corrected, sitting out games has nothing to do with being "Soft".

Yes some players may ask to sit out to the majority of them are broken up nursing injuries. Therefore the doctors and the team's medical staff has them sitting out games for the best interest of the player and the team.

He's a bit of an insight also.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Nope

That's not it

They're not soft
Nah homie, in the 60's, cats worked jobs in the off-season. Only a few like Wilt made enough to fuck off when they weren't playing and Wilt was spending his time running through hoes.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Some need to be corrected, sitting out games has nothing to do with being "Soft".

Yes some players may ask to sit out to the majority of them are broken up nursing injuries. Therefore the doctors and the team's medical staff has them sitting out games for the best interest of the player and the team.

Thank you for the link!

It's highly specialized injuries unique to the way basketball players have to train now. It's crazy cause we take it for granted but we're not supposed to do 1 thing like that

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thank you for the link!

It's highly specialized injuries unique to the way basketball players have to train now. It's crazy cause we take it for granted but we're not supposed to do 1 thing like that

You're very welcome and I'm very glad that you appreciated the link because I had to search! :lol:

I saw the vid damn near 2 weeks ago but couldn't find it. I searched last night but nothing, luckily I remembered his first name today and I was finally able to find and post it.

It made lots of sense.

We can call the players soft and call them pussies because they don't play 82 games a season like players of the past.

But with the technological advancements the doctors and medical staffs see and discover much more regarding players health and well being. Therefore they sit out games.

But some might be pussies though :lol:

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
Yea now

Etc etc
No excuses. You can rest when you’re dead. Right now the living need rings. This is a society full of excuses. That's why I say these players are a sign of the times. :smh:
This read like a Dan Le Batard vs Stugotz debate… Largebills could have brought every fact and well-thought out theory in existence and gotten the same response.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You're very welcome and I'm very glad that you appreciated the link because I had to search! :lol:

I saw the vid damn near 2 weeks ago but couldn't find it. I searched last night but nothing, luckily I remembered his first name today and I was finally able to find and post it.

It made lots of sense.

We can call the players soft and call them pussies because they don't play 82 games a season like players of the past.

But with the technological advancements the doctors and medical staffs see and discover much more regarding players health and well being. Therefore they sit out games.

But some might be pussies though :lol:

Then You tear your ACL your career is done

Now you better get to work on training and getting back next year

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor

Real shit bruh. Ain't no "surprises" bih. That's why the NBA playoffs and Hockey Playoffs are the best postseason tournaments in sports. There are no surprises. The Best/Healthiest team WILL WIN. You don't have to get lucky one time to advance, you gotta do that shit 4 gotdamn times. I love this shit shit. Can't wait

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
Real shit bruh. Ain't no "surprises" bih. That's why the NBA playoffs and Hockey Playoffs are the best postseason tournaments in sports. There are no surprises. The Best/Healthiest team WILL WIN. You don't have to get lucky one time to advance, you gotta do that shit 4 gotdamn times. I love this shit shit. Can't wait
I disagree with the first two sentences and agree with the rest. You haven’t seen series shift after a team makes an adjustment based on experience with the other team’s rotations and strategy? Being smarter is part of being better sometimes.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

You don't know if people are having injuries or hurt though.

I think players are less likely to play hurt now, because of their contracts or their next contract.