{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Going into his third year, he would probably get an extension and will be at 10 years of service.....Brunson number will grow so he taking a discount now and can get paid even more after 3 years...

Giving discounts to racist billionaires ain't really the move in my opinion.

I hope they win a chip, but it's gonna be REAL hard with Boston, OKC and Philly up next. Better get it within the next 3 years.

I would not have risk that much wealth to the curse of Thibs and Dolan.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Giving discounts to racist billionaires ain't really the move in my opinion.

I hope they win a chip, but it's gonna be REAL hard with Boston, OKC and Philly up next. Better get it within the next 3 years.

I would not have risk that much wealth to the curse of Thibs and Dolan.

hold-up-hold-on.gif

113 million is steep!

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Maybe I got this cap shit confused cuz all I see is Brunson restructuring his contract to give the Knicks the ability to keep their players and/or sign free agents.

Y’all act like there isn’t a salary cap or second apron. Yes the owners can spend and go into the luxury but even still they can’t just throw unlimited money at the situation. If so the Nuggets would still have Bruce Brown and KCP. That second apron is doing what it was designed to do

Last edited:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I have no idea what his impact could’ve been but I hate to see injuries so I feel for bruh.

However, he was a rookie and I doubt Malone would’ve played him anyway.

Having lost KCP and not having money, I hope he was someone they drafted to be able to play sooner rather than later

Sucks for the kid having such a serious injury so early

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Going into his third year, he would probably get an extension and will be at 10 years of service.....Brunson number will grow so he taking a discount now and can get paid even more after 3 years...

I hope the NBA keeps an eye on this

I don't trust this shit with his godfather running the team and his dad working for them...they might be giving the shit to his dad under the table

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Impressive debut from him, granted that Lakers summer league team is hot garbage.

I wasn't big on the Rockets drafting him at 1st because usually a 6 foot cac that can shoot usually doesn't transition well into the league (See Jimmer Ferdette).

But after looking at his college tape & draft expert reviews, he can do more than just shoot. He got hops and was graded as a good defender & is a good playmaker for others.

From the summer league game, looks like the Rockets plan to specifically play him as pg only. The vision is probably have him as FVV replacement which they have similar game but Reed is more athletic.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hate his passive aggressiveness :smh:

and dudes in here wanted to say something about Tatum playing dumb...this muthafucka

I'm that "Dude in here" and that wasn't passive aggressive.

Tatum wasn't playing dumb, most who saw his comments asking did he speak to Jaylen off putting.

Also Jaylen said no comment because he didn't want to give his actual opinion and being negativity on the situation.

That was him being professional, not passive aggressive. Now you could call him a coward for tweeting about it but not saying anything when asked directly about it.

But there's a time and place for everything.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I'm that "Dude in here" and that wasn't passive aggressive.

Tatum wasn't playing dumb, most who saw his comments asking did he speak to Jaylen off putting.

Also Jaylen said no comment because he didn't want to give his actual opinion and being negativity on the situation.

That was him being professional, not passive aggressive. Now you could call him a coward for tweeting about it but not saying anything when asked directly about it.

But there's a time and place for everything.

So you can be professional in person, but not on Twitter with your fuckin teammate?

and him saying "what do you mean" isn't passive aggressiveness? You have to be fuckin kidding me. He knew exactly what Cam was talking about. He started the shit.

You're making excuses for Jaylen Brown's bullshit that he started, but Tatum at the Team USA camp? That's not being professional?

You dudes are inconsistent as hell and cherry pick the shit you want to crusade against...just like Jaylen Brown

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So you can be professional in person, but not on Twitter with your fuckin teammate?

and him saying "what do you mean" isn't passive aggressiveness? You have to be fuckin kidding me. He knew exactly what Cam was talking about. He started the shit.

You're making excuses for Jaylen Brown's bullshit that he started, but Tatum at the Team USA camp? That's not being professional?

You dudes are inconsistent as hell and cherry pick the shit you want to crusade against...just like Jaylen Brown

If you're speaking to me, speak to me and not "You dudes".

And you're right, him saying "What do you mean" was a bit passive aggressive. I wasn't focused on that aspect just his actual response.

I didn't crusade for anything, I just spoke on two responses from two players.