{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jayson doesn't have a Dad, only a Mom.

His Dad was never there for him and she worked 7 jobs a day and left him home alone to eat nothing and play basketball and that's how he got so good.

At least that's how they make it seem. :rolleyes2:

Man they did that shit on his draft night asking his mom all these damn single parent questions and his dad was right there too :hmm:

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
With 82 games per year, 10 plus games being played on almost a daily basis, unless you are following a team's local beat writers, you're only getting a sample size of how these teams are performing.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This how I know mf’s don’t believe in Lamelo cuz why not build around BOTH. It’s not like they play the same position. Do they not compliment each others game?
I think that’s what the Hornets will do. LaMelo signed a 5 year extension last summer.
That trade with OKC was good getting Tre Mann. Dude been balling.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
With 82 games per year, 10 plus games being played on almost a daily basis, unless you are following a team's local beat writers, you're only getting a sample size of how these teams are performing.

I’ve been watching more of the 10-minute game recaps on Youtube the past 2 to 3 years.

Just to better keep up with more teams and know what’s going on around the league.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3745cae4-b185-4839-9e59-598e50d0b999_220x123.gif

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
This how I know mf’s don’t believe in Lamelo cuz why not build around BOTH. It’s not like they play the same position. Do they not compliment each others game?

It's a poor small market team and Melo makes over 200 mill. They're to poor to afford both if Miller balls out, so they're setting the stage of dumping one so they can reduce cost. Bad franchises make decisions based on finance first.

The OG Hornets did this 30 years ago with Larry Johnson and Alonzo Mourning. They gave Larry the biggest contract at the time, then lowballed Zo cuz they were too poor to pay both. They ended up trading Zo to Miami for Glen Rice, and never had that much young talent ever again.

Part of why the Hornets never get #1 overall picks is cuz the league office knows the franchise is too cheap to pay marquee young talent. There was some doubt whether the Hornets would even max out Melo. They did, and here we are not even a year later and there's whispers of getting rid of him.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Doc Rivers returns to Philly and bust their shit. The great white hope Nick Nurse just lost to their old coach. Philadelphia just can't get right. :smh: