{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
This the

This the shit I don’t get..when the cap increases everyone makes more money even the bums. Like if Wemby gets 90 million who says Gordon Hayward should get 60?

There are no bums in the NBA and Wemby can't make money without the other dozen guys on the team.

I don't understand the complaint...

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
There are no bums in the NBA and Wemby can't make money without the other dozen guys on the team.

#1. I don't give a damn how much an NBA player makes or how much people feel they are "underpaid". We gotta stop mentioning the owner's money cuz it makes it seem like the players are "slaves" and don't make enough money to survive. Wanna make what the owners make? Own a team and do what they did to accumulate the money the made to buy the team.

2.Piggybacking on #1, MY complaint is that, there are actual "BUMS" in the league. Role players that average 5 points a game and don't do anything to improve their game cuz they're still making good money. There's no incentive to actually be the best player they can be or actually win for the folks that pay money to see them actually be good players. Keep upping the Supermax and you're going to get a lot Ben Simmons in the future. Everybody rooting for the player's pockets like they're underpaid WNBA players but not the product on the court:smh:

Last edited:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
2.Piggybacking on #1, MY complaint is that, there are actual "BUMS" in the league. Role players that average 5 points a game and don't do anything to improve their game cuz their still making good money. There's no incentive to actually be the best player they can be or actually win for the folks that pay money to see them actually be good players. Keep upping the Supermax and you're going to get a lot Ben Simmons in the future. Everybody rooting for the player's pockets like they're underpaid WNBA players but not the product on the court:smh:

Estimated probability of competing in men's college basketball​

High School ParticipantsNCAA ParticipantsOverall % HS to NCAA% HS to NCAA Division I% HS to NCAA Division II% HS to NCAA Division III
537,43819,2133.6%1.0%1.0%1.5%

Estimated probability of competing in men's professional basketball​

NCAA ParticipantsApproximate # Draft Eligible# Draft Picks# NCAA Drafted% NCAA to Major Pro% NCAA to Total Pro
19,2134,27058461.1%20.6%

I saw Kendrick Perkins talking about Bronny James last week and he compared his high school numbers to Bronny. Kendrick said he put up 27 points a game in high school! He was a role player averaging exactly 5 points a game in the pros!

1% of high school players make it to NCAA division I. 1% of NCAA players make it to the NBA.

You can only call marginal NBA players bums by comparison to the top 0.1%. They won the genetic lottery in many cases-- not many men are 6'5-- but these guys are basketball gods! Rick Brunson was a "bum" compared to the Knicks starters but he was Jalen Brunson 1.0 relative to the rest of us!

#1. I don't give a damn how much an NBA player makes or how much people feel they are "underpaid". We gotta stop mentioning the owner's money cuz it makes it seem like the players are "slaves" and don't make enough money to survive. Wanna make what the owners make? Own a team and do what they did to accumulate the money the made to buy the team.

:eek2:

I am very surprised that you side with 30 white owners or ownership groups over the hundreds of athletes who actually make this sport worth watching.

In society, we should all share in the wealth we create. If the owners are making hundreds of billions, the workers should be making billions or tens of billions AT LEAST.

"Do what they did to accumulate the money the made to buy the team"--- Most of those motherfuckers inheirited their money!!! The athletes are the people really putting in the work!!!

I am flabbergasted that we are having this conversation! Please reconsider-- Really, I think your view here is deeply flawed and has implications going well beyond sports. I'm not interested in winning or losing an online debate, I really want you to think about this.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

We're talking about showing up when needed and more importantly talking about chips

giphy.gif

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yes he can. Wemby can make his money regardless. And yes there are bums. Especially bums compared to Wemby.

I’m all for guys getting money I just don’t understand roster building. The “bums” get paid too close to what the stars get and then people complain about no cap space. Well maybe e you’d have some if you didn’t give Tim Hardaway 30 million. Lebron worth 48 million but TH worth 30?