{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 Summer League, USA Hoops

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Jrue Holiday is first player in NBA HISTORY who went 50/40/90 for entire playoffs! DAMN

It requires a player to achieve the criteria of 50% field goal percentage, 40% three-point field goal percentage, and 90% free throw percentage
And to think Jrue Holiday had retired some years back, now he has came back and won TWO championships

:lol::lol:i guarantee none of those guys are talking about what they said today, just gonna pretend they never said it and start talking about how they knew the Celtics were going to win

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
Where is Shannon Sharpe, he didn't do a NightCap episode last night for the game and he wasn't on FirstTake this morning

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Jaylen Brown is the real star of the Boston Celtics. No hate on Jayson Tatum, but it is what it is. Luca needs to get in shape, but at the same time he is never going to be a decent defensive player. The clock is ticking, Kyrie Irving.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
JVG was coaching way back when Ty Lue was getting stepped over by AI.

I’d have too much ego to be his assistant. It’s like a one-term president later serving as Secretary of Transportation.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
10 takeaways from tonight in the NBA:

1) "Expect to see him tonight." - Joe Mazzulla on Kristaps Porzingis

Mazzulla also said that he wouldn't be on a minute restriction but said that same thing in Game 1 and lied so yeah, no one was buying it. This had major Anunoby vibes cause it looked like he couldn't move. Jason Kidd said pregame...

"We'll see how he moves, but I think that healthy or not healthy... we are going to still check to see how he moves. So nothing changes there."

Porzingis (5 points, 16 minutes) checked in at the 6:49 mark in the first and Dallas tested him right away. Got him into action on nearly every possession and were hitting shots. Credit to him for playing through it but I don't know what Mazzulla was trying to prove by keeping him out there as long as he did. Thought Tillman was decent in this series. What am I doing? We ain't criticizing the Celts tonight. They're world champs.

"Good question. I don't know." - Kristaps on how he played in Game 5

2) "My tooth is cracked." - Derrick White

Chipped it diving for a loose ball after Dereck Lively II fell on top of him. Thought he was about to head to the locker room after the blood started pouring out. Instead, he checked himself back into the game and immediately hit a corner 3. Pointed at his mouth to the Celtics' bench, laughing. Yeah, it was that kind of night.

"I mean, I'd lose all my teeth for a championship." - Derrick White

3) Jrue Holiday (15 points, 11 rebounds, +21) was coming off maybe his worst game as a Celtic. Ok, they all were but it was just very uncharacteristic of him to have five turnovers in a game (did it once all season). Today, he returned to form. Set the tone by making the Celtics first three baskets and as always, was everywhere on defense. Dude played his ass off.

Jrue in the Finals:
14.4 PPG
7.4 RPG
53.6 FG%
42.1 3PT%

How do the Bucks sleep at night? Oh, and congrats to him on securing the bag. Gets a $1,183,200 bonus for winning the chip.

4) Jayson Tatum's playmaking has been a storyline I've really enjoyed this Celtics run. Dished out a game-high 11 assists on top of scoring a game-high 31 points. First Celtic to ever put up 30+ points and 10+ assists in a Finals game. How can you not be impressed with him averaging 7.2 assists in the Finals? Averaged 4.9 in the regular season. His drive and kick game was so fun to watch this series and it carried over into tonight. Tatum led the team in points, rebounds, and assists in the Finals and still didn't win MVP?

"What they gonna say now?" - Jayson Tatum

5) Jaylen Brown wins the Bill Russell Finals MVP award. Agree or disagree but JB (21 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists) was unbelievable the last couple of months. First player in NBA history to win the Eastern Conference Finals MVP and Finals MVP. It's gotta feel sweet after all the sh*t they got for signing the richest contract in NBA history. Jason Kidd was right all along.

“I share this with my brothers and my partner in crime, Jayson Tatum. He was with me the whole way. So we share this sh*t together." - Jaylen Brown on winning MVP

6) Been a long time coming but Al Horford (9 points, 9 rebounds, +20) is finally an NBA Champion. Becomes the fourth player in NBA history to win his first NBA championship in his 17th season or later. Come on now, playing 186 playoff games before winning your first title is freaking nuts. Crowd was giving all of them standing ovations as they checked out but his felt extra special.

"It's been long, a lot of hard work. I'm so glad to be a part of this team... I can't believe it. I still can't believe it." - Al Horford on winning his first chip

7) Boston was up 21 with 2:37 left in the game and Joe Mazzulla challenged an out-of-bounds call. He won it. Just a complete sicko and I f*cking love him for it.

At 35 years of age, he becomes the second-youngest coach to win a title in franchise history. RIP Bill Russell.

"This guy is a psycho but man, he knows what he's doing... Joe Mazzulla’s going to be a legend in the city of Boston." - Kristaps Porzingis

"If someone tells you, 'Good job,' that's just as dangerous as someone telling you, 'You suck.'" - Joe Mazzulla

8) Payton Pritchard (3 points) did it again. Another half-court buzzer-beater to end the half that put the Celtics up 67-46. He played less than two minutes tonight and made maybe the most important shot of the game because let's be real... that's when the game felt over. Was the longest shot in the NBA Finals in 25 years. If you don't count garbage time, his only two makes in this series were both end-of-quarter heaves. So crazy.

"Bro i hate this dude." - Patrick Mahomes

9) Yeah, sorry. Not gonna focus too much on the Mavs here and no, I'm not a Celts fan. Gonna give them the same kinda effort that they gave tonight. That was flat-out embarrassing. Luka's defense reverted to nonexistent and Kyrie's Boston demons returned to close this one out. I'm not even sure where their teammates were at.

Luka and Kyrie: 43 points
Rest of the team: 45 points

See what I mean? Whatever, it's their first taste. They have an excuse but still. At least we don't have to watch Maxi Kleber attempt another 3 again. Get that shoulder right buddy boy.

"I feel great. We did some great moves... We've been together for five months. I'm proud of every guy that stepped on the floor, all the coaches, all the people behind. Obviously, we didn't win [the] Finals, but we did have a hell of a season..." - Luka Doncic on the Mavs outlook

Celtics beat the Mavs 106-88 and win banner number 18. Shoutout to TD Garden for having that closeout energy from the tip.

“We want Boston!!!” - Celtics fans

10) So that's it, huh? What an unforgettable season that was. Wanted to thank Underdog for the partnership and opportunity. The last few months have been an absolute rager. What a privilege it was to work with such a legendary team. Was everything I thought it would be and more. Ugh, I gotta get outta here before I start tearing up. Summer League's only a month away. Say what up if you see me in Vegas. Have a cool summer! What am I doing, signing yearbooks? Jesus Christ...

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
No Shannon Sharpe and now no "Odd Couple" with Chris Broussard and Rob Parker, those are the people I was looking forward to hearing from besides Paul Pierce roasting Skip. Chris Broussard jumps from side to side so much he always has an excuse for why his pick didn't come through..lol