{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - 2024 NBA Champs Boston Celtics Boston vs Dallas (4-1) {~}

Final winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Good luck!

Your best hope is to land Wemby in a few years. Otherwise, hold these Ls.

These teams are young with chemistry.
Wemby ain't going nowhere. Lakers are fucked. Rockets are getting better as well

OQoC2A.jpg

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
I say that every time I hear someone trying to shit on the bubble season/ championship.

Person 1: "That Mickey Mouse title don't mean shit."
Me: "And what if your squad had won it."
Person 1: "Well that would be different."
Me: ":hmm:"

There was exactly jack shit on TV to watch during the Covid shutdown. That bubble season was the shit and saved a lot of people's sanity.

Schedule makers were assholes

The ONLY reason why some people try to make that ring important is because it was Lebron and the Lakers. Two of the biggest casual fanbases in the world.

If the Heat won, it would’ve been dismissed. If the Nuggets won, dismissed. Even players were dismissing the Bubble and all the performances in it. I obviously enjoyed the Bubble but I knew what the deal was and how winning would be viewed.
Lol...stop it, the bubble tournament was seen as great until it started looking like the Lakers/Lebron were making a run to win it then the media started that “will it have a asterisk“ talk. There's no way the Heat, Nuggets or any of franchise fans would be saying it means nothing if their team had won. I saw so many excuses that it didn't make sense, all teams were equal but people were saying the Lakers had an advantage because there was no home court advantage, no fans are the craziest one was since it wasn't a full 82 games LeBron and AD were both healthy so that was an advantage for the Lakers

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Lol...stop it, the bubble tournament was seen as great until it started looking like the Lakers/Lebron were making a run to win it then the media started that “will it have a asterisk“ talk. There's no way the Heat, Nuggets or any of franchise fans would be saying it means nothing if their team had won. I saw so many excuses that it didn't make sense, all teams were equal but people were saying the Lakers had an advantage because there was no home court advantage, no fans are the craziest one was since it wasn't a full 82 games LeBron and AD were both healthy so that was an advantage for the Lakers

Obviously the team and the fanbase of whatever team won the championship in the bubble would've put respect on the ring. That doesn't mean the NBA world and it's fans would. I can PROMISE you if the Nuggets won, NOBODY outside of Denver(and Serbia) would've put respect on that ring. Hell did you not see how the fans disrespected last year's Finals and even the Nuggets after they won it? Imagine the bubble.

The NBA has more casual fans than real ones. The @KingTaharqa and @Amajorfucup types that don't give a damn about their own teams and follow one player(who just happens to be one of the greatest to play the game) around. You know, they type that only care if the games involve Lebron, the Lakers, Steph and the Warriors etc. Back in the day it was Kobe and the Lakers and Lebron. Nobody cares about the the small markets and other teams like that except real basketball fans.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Obviously the team and the fanbase of whatever team won the championship in the bubble would've put respect on the ring. That doesn't mean the NBA world and it's fans would. I can PROMISE you if the Nuggets won, NOBODY outside of Denver(and Serbia) would've put respect on that ring. Hell did you not see how the fans disrespected last year's Finals and even the Nuggets after they won it? Imagine the bubble.

The NBA has more casual fans than real ones. The @KingTaharqa and @Amajorfucup types that don't give a damn about their own teams and follow one player(who just happens to be one of the greatest to play the game) around. You know, they type that only care if the games involve Lebron, the Lakers, Steph and the Warriors etc. Back in the day it was Kobe and the Lakers and Lebron. Nobody cares about the the small markets and other teams like that except real basketball fans.
But I'm saying there was none of this asterisk/Mickey mouse championship talk in the NBA world when the tournament first started, everybody was excited about it, the games were being watched and talked about, then all of a sudden I think it was when the Clippers who were the favorites got put out and then when the Lakers advanced all of a sudden there started to be this asterisk talk lead by Skip Bayless a known Lebron hater. After the Lakers won all those excuses I mentioned above started being said including how the Clippers didn't want to be there so that means the championship was meaningless

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
He gets overlooked by a lot of people when it comes to the greatest point guard in history. I don't care,how great Steph,Jason Kidd,John Stockton and etc were they're not in his and Magic's level when it comes to point guard play....imo

I posted an article a few weeks back where Michael Jordan was being called the greatest to ever play in early '91 when Isiah was the reigning Finals MVP and defending champ. The league screwed him to promote Mike, that's why I feel like they've always looked out for him with jobs in retirement (GM, coach, TV analyst, etc.). He had to sacrifice his moment so Nike and the league could eat off Jordan Brand's popularity and pull with casual fans. Remember, there was no such thing as a "flagrant foul" until MJ had the commish make the rule in 1990. Zeek will always be a legend in my eyes.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No need to lie and assault my character to make you weak points. Use facts and not personal insults. I got dam near 20 years of being in sports threads on this board that render your entire rant as trash as the city in which you reside.

Sad that you're too pussy to use real examples to make your point. Examples like the all of a sudden missing Warrior fans that disappeared when the dynasty did. Or the countless laker fans that literally only come around after a loss to blame LeBron and praise white Rob.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
But I'm saying there was none of this asterisk/Mickey mouse championship talk in the NBA world when the tournament first started, everybody was excited about it, the games were being watched and talked about, then all of a sudden I think it was when the Clippers who were the favorites got put out and then when the Lakers advanced all of a sudden there started to be this asterisk talk lead by Skip Bayless
Yep!

The original talk was how mentally tough all those guy were for leaving their luxury lifestyles and families to be locked away under quarantine rules to play a tournament. Then when Bron won it became "bubbalicious". Meanwhile Bam Adebayo is on record as saying that 'chip is the toughest ever because everything they had to endure.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Yep!

The original talk was how mentally tough all those guy were for leaving their luxury lifestyles and families to be locked away under quarantine rules to play a tournament. Then when Bron won it became "bubbalicious". Meanwhile Bam Adebayo is on record as saying that 'chip is the toughest ever because everything they had to endure.

2020 Playoffs is what kicked off the Nikola Jokic story. His 3-1 comeback on the Clips was his biggest success at that point and set him up to be MVP the following season. So he gets to debut in "the bubble" and is authentic, but the Lakers chip isn't. Kobe stans put pressure on the Lakers "to win it for Kobe or you failed him" after his death. Go back and read the threads on this board. A year later they agreed with haters it didn't really count and Bron hasnt really done anything out West. :lol: The Chosen One documentary got so many forgotten gems thats gone age like fine wine. Bron's outta there!!

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Magic once Bron is gone the team will be a lot younger to compete. Just shedding "Klutz sports" will have the franchise going in the right direction. Kobe's small hat agent and Jennie Buss are gonna build a winner with AD and younger players.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On espn this morning that fat Brian Windhorst was dry snitching
He said Lebron is building a 100 million dollar compound in LA
he’s not going anywhere

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I really hope San Antonio signs Bronny in the 2nd round and LeBron says fuck the Lakers and opts out. Yeah I am bullshitting:lol:

I don't think he wants to leave his fine ass wife and two kids alone in racist Brentwood, but damn the Lakers franchise is a fucking waste of time.

Fuck the Lakers, Rob Pelinka and Jeanie Buss. Shit even if they fire Ham, the only coach worth a damn is Lue and the Buss family can't outspend Balmer.

It's a mess in LA, I hope he leaves. The city doesn't love him. The writer's hate him. The fans don't respect him.

If I was ownership, I would seriously think about trading AD. This is the best he has played. The most games, the most consistency, but when you NEED him, boom he gets a stinger boxing out :smh:

Just start over and focus on the 2025 and 2026 draft. Hire a GM from the Denver scouting department and move on.

Lastly KCP, Caruso and Kuzma + AD and Bron would have beaten Denver. Damn shame they got rid of all that for Russ and a fake ass rebuild year after year.

Last edited:

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Charles Oakley is such a bitch. Like Scottie Pippen without the talent or any reason to be so aggrieved.

Clown has been taking shots at Ewing for years now when his entire legacy is riding Ewing’s coattails.