Official iZombie Discussion Thread (Tuesdays 9 pm EST)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
12-robert-knepper.w190.h190.jpg

Robert Knepper Won’t Return for iZombie Season 5

Once Robert Knepper’s arc on season four of iZombie ends, he won’t return to the show. At the Television Critics Association press tour, CW president Mark Pedowitz told /Film that the actor — who has been accused of sexual misconduct by five women — won’t appear in season five. “Robert only had a one-year deal anyway,” Pedowitz said. In December, four women told The Hollywood Reporter that Knepper cornered them or was sexually aggressive. Each of them came forward after a stylist said he sexually assaulted her. Knepper denied the accounts, saying, “We have come to a time where hard-earned careers are being lost on the basis of accusations. I need to reiterate that these accusations against me are false.”

Pedowitz says Knepper wasn’t dismissed because of sexual-assault allegations, but because his arc simply ended. “When the past allegations came up, we were about two-thirds of the way on the shooting schedule,” he told /Film. “The studio did an investigation. They did one investigation. The studio did a second investigation. Again, the investigation related to the set and his behavior on the set. They found no wrongdoing on the set. I supported the decision to continue going forward. Robert finishes up shooting I think by next week.”

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
izombie.jpg

It’s Dancing With the… Zombies?

In TVLine’s exclusive photo from iZombie‘s fifth and final season, Liv and Ravi put on their best ruffly and flame-boyant dance outfits to show off their salsa moves on national TV. Needless to say, the consumption of a special noggin is responsible for the unexpected performance in Episode 3, titled “Five, Six, Seven, Ate!”

“Liv is on the brain of a codependent dancer,” showrunner Rob Thomas tells TVLine, “and she ropes Ravi into going undercover to compete for a chance to escape the walled city of Seattle… in a nationally televised dance show.”

Of course, the duo aren’t just in it for the mirror ball trophy top prize; there’s also a case to be solved. “They are investigating the murder of the couple expected to win [the competition] before their untimely demise,” Thomas previews.

iZombie‘s farewell season premieres next spring on The CW. The final episodes will feature more of scene-stealer Don E, with Bryce Hodgson getting promoted to series regular this past September. Additionally, NBA icon Kareem Abdul-Jabbar will guest-star as the undead city council member Zed.

https://tvline.com/2018/12/08/izombie-season-5-photo-liv-ravi-salsa-brain-dance/

@fonzerrillii

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What To Expect From iZombie Season 5

iZombie season 5 is coming soon, but what can audiences expect from the show's final season? Over the years, The CW has become primarily known for the Arrowverse, a collection of superhero shows based on DC Comics that inhabit the same shared universe that began with Arrow in 2012. However, viewers may find it interesting to know that iZombie is also a DC Comics TV show, but it's not a superhero series. Instead, it's based on the comic book series of the same name from Chris Roberson and Mike Allred, who published the iZombie under DC's Vertigo imprint from 2010-2012.

Even though The CW's iZombie TV show is an adaptation of the comic book series, it's very much different from the source material. In addition to changing up details about the main character and where the story takes place, as well as practically all the other characters from the comics, the TV show has been mostly following its own story in Seattle, WA, with Olivia "Liv" Moore taking a job in the local medical examiner's office in order to obtain a steady stream of brains. She is a zombie, after all.

Related: All 25 DC Movies & TV Shows Coming In 2019

Throughout the iZombie TV show, Liv Moore has been helping out the local police solve all sorts of crimes, primarily dealing with murder, by eating the brains of the deceased and absorbing their memories. Since she also obtains their personalities by eating the humans' brains, Liv's antics have become a cornerstone of the show's comedic beats. But the story is ultimately coming to an end this year, with iZombie season 5 being the final season. With iZombieseason 5 having already wrapped production, when will the new episodes premiere and what can audiences expect from them?

IZOMBIE SEASON 5 PREMIERES IN MAY 2019

iZombie season 5 premieres on May 2, 2019. It will air Thursdays at 8 pm, which will be followed up by the first season of Corinne Kingsbury's In the Dark. While this is the first time that iZombie has premiered in May, it's not the first time that it's debuted in the springtime. Over the course of its previous four seasons, iZombie has had various episode numbers and premiered at different times of the year - but a summertime final season may give the series a breath of fresh air before it goes off the air for good. And while it's unclear how many episodes will be in iZombie season 5, it stands to reason that it will have its standard 13 episode number.

WHAT WILL IZOMBIE SEASON 5 BE ABOUT

iZombie season 5 continues the game-changing story arc that left off with the season 4 finale; Liv will most likely continue her operation as Renegade, bringing in people who are suffering from incurable diseases into Seattle in order to turn them into zombies, while Major works alongside Blaine to bring in a steady shipment of brains to feed the zombies who've been abandoned by the U.S. government. Of course, how everything comes to an end remains to be seen, but there's a clear starting point for iZombie season 5.

WILL IZOMBIE SEASON 6 HAPPEN?

As previously mentioned, iZombie season 5 is the final season, and the series isn't the type of comic book show that is particularly susceptible to spinoffs, so it's unlikely to see the show continue with any of the same characters. However, considering the zombie epidemic in Seattle, depending on how the series ends, the story could potentially continue with a new group of people in a sequel series. But as it stands, iZombie season 6 isn't going to happen.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I dont understand, why there's not a trailer when the season premiere is two weeks from now...:smh:

watch them release a trailer this week...:rolleyes:

there HAS TO BE something MAJOR going on behind the scenes of the WB/CW/Dc TV division.

WAY TO MUCH MOVEMENT

maybe DC Universe streaming related????

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
there HAS TO BE something MAJOR going on behind the scenes of the WB/CW/Dc TV division.

WAY TO MUCH MOVEMENT

maybe DC Universe streaming related????

I dont think it has anything to do with the streaming service but I do think CW is pushing out all the non-superhero shows out for more content....

I like shows like Arrow and Flash but I wish we have more shows like iZombie....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I dont think it has anything to do with the streaming service but I do think CW is pushing out all the non-superhero shows out for more content....

I like shows like Arrow and Flash but I wish we have more shows like iZombie....

agreed

still surprised they pushing out Arrow and Supernatural at the same time

and izombie been scheduled

but also appears Legends and Black Lightning will be gone too

that is a MAJOR overhaul.

and the new non super shows scheduled?

You can ALREADY see they aint making it =past the FIRST season.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
agreed

still surprised they pushing out Arrow and Supernatural at the same time

and izombie been scheduled

but also appears Legends and Black Lightning will be gone too

that is a MAJOR overhaul.

and the new non super shows scheduled?

You can ALREADY see they aint making it =past the FIRST season.

They're banking on Batwoman and possibly Superman being huge...

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
WILL IZOMBIE SEASON 6 HAPPEN?

As previously mentioned, iZombie season 5 is the final season, and the series isn't the type of comic book show that is particularly susceptible to spinoffs, so it's unlikely to see the show continue with any of the same characters. However, considering the zombie epidemic in Seattle, depending on how the series ends, the story could potentially continue with a new group of people in a sequel series. But as it stands, iZombie season 6 isn't going to happen.

Can easily see this happening on DC Universe..or CW,similar to how that show Legacies( i think its called) was spun off from The Vampire Diaries