Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
???
theyve shown no goal scoring prowess
They squeaked by playing average teams, and couldn’t barely get off any shots vs England
“Fight” only gets you so far in this sport.

Dawg….what does the USA have for Holland’s back line?….
I fully agree with this statement. It’s pretty much what we’ve based our entire existence, up until this point, on.. that being said, behind that, as the base, is now talent, IQ, vision, understanding and ability. Those key fundamentals lacked severely in this country for decades but now, we’re here. If we couple that with our “fight” aka athleticism, we have a genuine shot.

I’m not saying it’s gonna be a walk in the park, but I’m saying it can be had.

The Dutch, with their reemergence after not qualifying for Russia (like us) are getting their feet wet again. They had 84 mins of hell with Senegal until late goals skewed that scoreline, a draw against Ecuador who had them on the ropes and a win over the hosts who aren’t fit to play in the local park. All in all, it’s not THAT impressive on that Dutch side. I would argue that the US domination of the ball over England, Wales and Iran (outside the lack of goals) were more impressive.

England > Senegal
Wales = Ecuador
Iran > Qatar

Advantage US.

I’ll get to the US offense and your question shortly..

Van Gaal’s possession is slow and relatively boring and always crumbles when you fire pace at it. The Dutch don’t like a scrap. They want the ball with time and that’s what we can’t give them. Senegal had the right idea and almost pulled it off.

Defensively, everything with the US has to be a battle. Everything. Every ball needs to be contested and won, and every Dutch player can’t be given more than 4 seconds on the ball, especially w/ Gakpo. Man is in form, but limit service to him and make them beat us by other means and we have a solid shot at this.

Now, going the other way and to answer your question, Reyna, Aaronson, & Peirera have yet to be used on the frontline, with only Aaronson being used, albeit sparingly in a bit part role, meaning those legs and creativity are all as fresh as can be. Berhalter is legit worthless to me, but even he has to see that he’s gonna need everything he has on Saturday night to win this, meaning they’re gonna play if he wants us to advance.

If we see Shaq Moore, Sargent or Haji anywhere in this contest, all bets are off. The MLS/other boys aren’t gonna be able to handle it well, but with Adams, McKennie, & Musah pulling the strings in the middle, Dest and Robinson in the mix, and any combo of Pulisic, Gio, Weah, Aaronson, and Periera mixed up on the front line over 90 mins, I can definitely see a 1-nil nail biter going our way.

Again, it won’t be perfect and it’s gonna be super tight, but it can be done.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
I fully agree with this statement. It’s pretty much what we’ve based our entire existence, up until this point, on.. that being said, behind that, as the base, is now talent, IQ, vision, understanding and ability. Those key fundamentals lacked severely in this country for decades but now, we’re here. If we couple that with our “fight” aka athleticism, we have a genuine shot.

The Dutch, with their reemergence after not qualifying for Russia (like us) are getting their feet wet again. They had 84 mins of hell with Senegal until late goals skewed that scoreline, a draw against Ecuador who had them on the ropes and a win over the hosts who aren’t fit to play in the local park. All in all, it’s not THAT impressive on that Dutch side. I would argue that the US domination of the ball over England, Wales and Iran (outside the lack of goals) were more impressive.

England > Senegal
Wales = Ecuador
Iran > Qatar

Advantage US.

Van Gaal’s possession is slow and relatively boring and always crumbles when you fire pace at it. The Dutch don’t like a scrap. They want the ball with time and that’s what we can’t give them. Senegal had the right idea and almost pulled it off.

Defensively, everything with the US has to be a battle. Everything. Every ball needs to be contested and won, and every Dutch player can’t be given more than 4 seconds on the ball, especially w/ Gakpo. Man is in form, but limit service to him and make them beat us by other means and we have a solid shot at this.

Now, going the other way and to answer your question, Reyna, Aaronson, & Peirera have yet to be used on the frontline, with only Aaronson being used, albeit sparingly in a bit part role, meaning those legs and creativity are all as fresh as can be. Berhalter is legit worthless to me, but even he has to see that he’s gonna need everything he has on Saturday night to win this, meaning they’re gonna play if he wants us to advance.

If we see Shaq Moore, Sargent or Haji anywhere in this contest, all bets are off. The MLS/other boys aren’t gonna be able to handle it well, but with Adams, McKennie, & Musah pulling the strings in the middle, Dest and Robinson in the mix, and any combo of Pulisic, Gio, Weah, Aaronson, and Periera mixed up on the front line over 90 mins, I can definitely see a 1-nil nail biter going our way.

How are you going to fade Senegal, they won the ACN did they not? England are gonna get perp walked thanks to Maguire's concrete footed dumbass. Mark my words. Senegal has way more athleticism than England and the US.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor

England > Senegal
Wales = Ecuador
Iran > Qatar

Advantage US.

Good breakdown...sounds like you are saying its the Netherlands but we shouldnt be scared of the name...in the past this would be an automatic loss but in a tournament where Japan knocked off Germany and Spain, and Argentina got whipped by the Saudis, there is a window (however small) for the US to beat the Dutch

I still think the US loses but I now at least see how victory could be possible...I forgot the Netherlands didnt make 2018, now I remember my cousin being pissed off about it

Not sure I agree with Wales being equal to Ecuador though

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered

Adams, Reyna and McKennie can't carry that squad. Pulisic is a paper tiger. His tech is run of the mill (maybe even subpar in some areas) for a professional, his physical attributes are barely above average, but the real kicker is he doesn't have the intellect or mental tenacity to be top tier. Dempsey is sorely missed.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
How are you going to fade Senegal, they won the ACN did they not? England are gonna get perp walked thanks to Maguire's concrete footed dumbass. Mark my words. Senegal has way more athleticism than England and the US.
I stated Senegal had the right idea vs the Dutch and almost pulled it off. They’re just really young to me and in these tournaments, experience counts. Not saying Senegal are a slouch by any means. They have the talent. the athleticism and the ability to beat England, no doubt. I see them as neck and neck with the US and on their day can get it done. I do think Senegal lack a little more than we do going forward, and of course that’s cause Mane is out. If he was here, that’s a different scenario completely and honestly, we’re not having this conversation. They’d be legit contenders for me.

We, the US, might lack individual brilliance, but we are more than making up for that in team play, with contributions from everywhere on the pitch.

I love Cisse and his 4-3-3 is the probably one of the best Africa has to offer. I think team selection will weigh heavy and what Cisse does with mixing youth and vets will be telling. Koulibaly has looked bang average since moving to England and those English players, like Rashford, Sterling and Saka, will be getting at him early and often.

But that’s why we play the games. Stats and analytics are fun to look at but only paint a small picture. Let’s see what happens cause it’s all to play for this weekend. I just really like our chances against the Dutch, IF .. and that’s a massive IF, Berhalter can get this shit right.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
I stated Senegal had the right idea vs the Dutch and almost pulled it off. They’re just really young to me and in these tournaments, experience counts. Not saying Senegal are a slouch by any means. They have the talent. the athleticism and the ability to beat England, no doubt. I see them as neck and neck with the US and on their day can get it done. I do think Senegal lack a little more than we do going forward, and of course that’s cause Mane is out. If he was here, that’s a different scenario completely and honestly, we’re not having this conversation. They’d be legit contenders for me.

We, the US, might lack individual brilliance, but we are more than making up for that in team play, with contributions from everywhere on the pitch.

I love Cisse and his 4-3-3 is the probably one of the best Africa has to offer. I think team selection will weigh heavy and what Cisse does with mixing youth and vets will be telling. Koulibaly has looked bang average since moving to England and those English players, like Rashford, Sterling and Saka, will be getting at him early and often.

But that’s why we play the games. Stats and analytics are fun to look at but only paint a small picture. Let’s see what happens cause it’s all to play for this weekend.

Sterling has been terrible since moving to Chelsea. Saka and Rashford are pure dyed in the wool killers though, no doubt. Mismanagement at Old Trafford has been Rashfords achilles heel, and I still think they are absolute dumbasses for letting Lingard get away. There is a level of racism behind a lot of those management choices over there, like how they never let Chicharito shine.

Oh and England have Bellingham, how can I forget? Man that squad is terribly mismanaged, cats are underperforming like a motherfucker.

I think losing Sergeant is gonna prove a bigger deal than the potential lose of Pulisic.

Last edited:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Adams, Reyna and McKennie can't carry that squad. Pulisic is a paper tiger. His tech is run of the mill (maybe even subpar in some areas) for a professional, his physical attributes are barely above average, but the real kicker is he doesn't have the intellect or mental tenacity to be top tier. Dempsey is sorely missed.
Yet Adams, McKennie, and Musah ARE carrying this squad. That trio is holding it together well, and Reyna has yet to play.

Adams has been absolute steel in the US middle.

Dempsey is fine in the studio btw. We’re good without him.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Yet Adams, McKennie, and Musah ARE carrying this squad. That trio is holding it together well, and Reyna has yet to play.

Adams has been absolute steel in the US middle.

Dempsey is fine in the studio btw. We’re good without him.

I pointed them out because of thier (especially Adams) exceptional play. But I think they are thin through the ranks. I do wish McKennie would develop his touch more, mostly it's down to controlling his pace in space that gets him into trouble.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I pointed them out because of thier (especially Adams) exceptional play. But I think they are thin through the ranks.
Fully agree here. If any of our starting XI go down, it’s the MLS boys behind them and there’s nothing ideal about that.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't you watch anime? The hero always get their ass kicked first then pulls out a power up out of nowhere.
Fi66uVZVQAAKSXn

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Wouldn't be so bad if the goalie had to make a hell of a save but this wasn't the case...and now Ghana is getting its ass kicked

bdquest9

To teach the truth to the young black youth
BGOL Investor
We shit the bed on another PK! Just pick a size and shoot is taught from youth ball. But no he wants to be fancy like Gyan did. Well it was nice seeing them in Qatar but they can start the engine on the airplane for the return flight home back to Accra. Damn!

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did anyone else see this? I dont recall seeing it live

darwin nunez scuffs the penalty spot

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Did anyone else see this? I dont recall seeing it live

darwin nunez scuffs the penalty spot

Yea I saw it but that doesn’t excuse Ayew for missing. They shoulda been up at that point, applying pressure on them now