OFFICIAL UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno discussion thread - Dec. 12th, 2020 - Las Vegas, NV

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
UFC_256_poster.jpeg

Fight card
Early preliminary card (ESPN+ / UFC Fight Pass)
Preliminary card (ESPN2 / ESPN+)
Weight classMethodRoundTimeNotes
Main card
FlyweightDeiveson Figueiredo (c)vs.Brandon Moreno[a]
LightweightTony Fergusonvs.Charles Oliveira
Women's StrawweightMackenzie Dernvs.Virna Jandiroba
MiddleweightKevin Hollandvs.Ronaldo Souza
HeavyweightJunior dos Santosvs.Ciryl Gane
FeatherweightCub Swansonvs.Daniel Pineda
LightweightRenato Moicanovs.Rafael Fiziev
FeatherweightGavin Tuckervs.Billy Quarantillo
Women's StrawweightTecia Torresvs.Sam Hughes
FeatherweightChase Hoopervs.Peter Barrett

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

STAR-69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did you guys hear about the massive 60 fighters cut coming... Uncle Scrooge Dana is: “fuck you guys, I got the ESPN guarantee money, plus a bunch fighters coming in on that cheap Contender series contract, so I don’t need you anymore “

I really hope that class action lawsuit against the UFC brings some changes to the sport...

Anyways, here is my top 5 prediction of big names that will get cut:
Tyron Woodley
Allistair Overeem
Chris Weidman
Luke Rockhold
Jose Aldo

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Did you guys hear about the massive 60 fighters cut coming...

Agreed. That's the gift and curse of the likes of TUF & Contender Series. Lots of new talent coming in, but they know they can offload their older, established talent with bigger contracts and bring in the smaller contracts at less money. Same reason why the UFC's been apt to sign the likes of smaller organizations to air their shows on UFC Fight Pass' streaming platform. They want to have a "feeder league" of sorts on bringing talent in. Seeing which cards & fights generate fan buzz.

On the women's side of things ... Invicta was so much better back in the day when people were making their name over there. The UFC acquires their best talent, and always is preferential to the most marketable people (i.e. - best-looking females) - Paige VanZant (during her run in the UFC previously), Rose Namajunas, the recently released Rachel Ostovich, Tecia Torres (fighting tonight), etc.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tecia Torres is usually a decision fighter, but she came out tonight and was whoopin' ass!!!! She slammed Hughes like she took her lunch money! Congrats to the vet Torres for coming out like an animal tonight and getting the stoppage.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
That fieziev guy is serious as fuck.

Agreed. Really crisp striking and power. Very impressive finish over Moicano.

MAN!!!! That dude's combos and punch strength is going to be a problem!!! He easily wins a bonus tonight for that KO.

Agreed. Early bonus $ should be set aside for him and Swanson with their respective wins.

Tecia Torres is usually a decision fighter, but she came out tonight and was whoopin' ass!!!! She slammed Hughes like she took her lunch money! Congrats to the vet Torres for coming out like an animal tonight and getting the stoppage.

Agreed. She's shown glimpses here and there in her Invicta & UFC runs. Love her speed when she starts firing on her opponent. Fun to watch & she has paid her dues. Humble. Too bad that Hill match-up didn't happen. Hill's out with COVID - best wishes to her on the recovery.

Cub Swanson!!!! That was a nasty KO!!!! Damn!

Oh yeah - it looked like he was in trouble there for a bit with taking the leg kicks. Great finish. Good power. Emotional in the post-fight with Rogan. Noting he realized Pineda was looking to strike with him saying he was looking for a FOTN bonus vs. Cub and was coming in (Pineda) as the bigger fighter. Good on Swanson staying relaxed, but using his speed, as he said.

JDS about to get murdered

My brother asked me my picks by text this afternoon. I noted Gane. He said JDS. I said - "Are you sure? Hide that chin, Junior."

:cheers::roflmao3:

FUCKYOU

Cripto millonario vampiro
BGOL Investor
fig gon smoke moreno.. he gon hold that strap for a while... another aldo

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed. Really crisp striking and power. Very impressive finish over Moicano.

Agreed. Early bonus $ should be set aside for him and Swanson with their respective wins.

Agreed. She's shown glimpses here and there in her Invicta & UFC runs. Love her speed when she starts firing on her opponent. Fun to watch & she has paid her dues. Humble. Too bad that Hill match-up didn't happen. Hill's out with COVID - best wishes to her on the recovery.

Oh yeah - it looked like he was in trouble there for a bit with taking the leg kicks. Great finish. Good power. Emotional in the post-fight with Rogan. Noting he realized Pineda was looking to strike with him saying he was looking for a FOTN bonus vs. Cub and was coming in (Pineda) as the bigger fighter. Good on Swanson staying relaxed, but using his speed, as he said.

My brother asked me my picks by text this afternoon. I noted Gane. He said JDS. I said - "Are you sure? Hide that chin, Junior."

:cheers::roflmao3:
Yeah, Cub almost got to me when he got emotional about his kids in his interview.