Old Man TV: Saturday Morning Cartoons Sneek Peek 1973 (Batman V. Superman Live)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Be honest,who actually stuck around to watch this? Usually when the theme music started up it was like "Toon watching is over,wait for American Bandstand/Soul Train or something" :lol:
giphy.gif

I scared of that damn vampire bunny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunnicula

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
On top of the Saturday Morning Cartoon Special.

You also had the TV Guide Fall edition listing all the new and returning TV shows starting in Sept/Oct.

That issue was like Gold and treated with TLC in every families home in America back in the day.

HaHa!

71.jpg

79de0ff52079a79f7a29578a5c3e69e6.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
What’s funny about those old TVs was that the average size TV in a American home living room was about a 20” screen.

Mofos with the big floor model consoles with the 25” screen thought they were big pimpin”

I remember Black and White TVs. We had one until the early 80s and then we got a color. They no longer made BW models. BWs were cheaper in the 70s.

Remote Control was a luxury up until the late 80s when they became standard.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What’s funny about those old TVs was that the average size TV in a American home living room was about a 20” screen.

Mofos with the big floor model consoles with the 25” screen thought they were big pimpin”

I remember Black and White TVs. We had one until the early 80s and then we got a color. They no longer made BW models. BWs were cheaper in the 70s.

Remote Control was a luxury up until the late 80s when they became standard.

I remember being the wire hanger EXPERT in my building...

and then my dad got the MASSIVE hook up.

his friend worked in the hospital they were replacing TVs...

so he gave this COLOR big screen (for the time TV) but it had the extension cord remote...

I thought that brother was Santa for REAL!!!

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
On top of the Saturday Morning Cartoon Special.

You also had the TV Guide Fall edition listing all the new and returning TV shows starting in Sept/Oct.

That issue was like Gold and treated with TLC in every families home in America back in the day.

HaHa!

71.jpg

79de0ff52079a79f7a29578a5c3e69e6.jpg

tv-guide-80-30.jpeg

tv-guide-80-42.jpeg

I remember that section"Changes"
tvguide-80-7.jpeg