"One day I hope us black people can be wise and mature enough to discuss and understand the implications of not recasting Tchalla"

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Tyler Perry made his own shit and essentially has complete control. And has production companies like Marvel paying him to use his Studios. So it can be done, and others are following suit.

50 Cent has a production studio
Tyrese has a production Studio
Will Smith has a production company
Denzel has a production company
Michael T Jordan has a production company

All Black men, most of whom collaborated with or were mentored by Denzel.

Etcetera....

So it's happening, the general public may just not be aware of who owns what behind the scenes.

I know.

The public needs to support these projects more.

And these new projects need to ensure they hire black folk at all levels of support.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What is defeat? Or mindset as you say? I asked specifically how to do it and you didn’t give specifics. You don’t know my mindset because I didn’t share it lol. And you mentioned Tyler. His content that he creates is still on their platforms. His movies and plays and tv shows comes out on their platforms. That means they are in control. And I’m not a fan of Tyler content. I think what he has done and how he came is amazing inspiring uplifting; but his content is not for me. So again going back to your statement of creating our own entertainment. We do that all the time. They either own it control it and or take it…

His content is on their platforms because he creates, distributes, and sells it to them. They have no control other than to decide not to buy from him, in which case he can shop it elsewhere.

I believe he also has ownership in Oprah's network so he develops exclusive content for his own network. I don't know how much more specifics you need on how to beat Hollywood at their own game. Are you just looking for a way to be right, or are you willing to engage in intellectual conversation?

You've asked questions and I've answered, if we don't agree that's what debate is comprised of.

You wrote the words you wrote, so if that's not your mindset I don't know why you wrote it. But regardless of if it is or isn't, my argument is against self defeatist mindsets in general.

Folks have been successful and created controlling situations in entertainment so it can be done, but surely can't if all a person sees is a ceiling on how far one can go.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His content is on their platforms because he creates, distributes, and sells it to them. They have no control other than to decide not to buy from him, in which case he can shop it elsewhere.

I believe he also has ownership in Oprah's network so he develops exclusive content for his own network. I don't know how much more specifics you need on how to beat Hollywood at their own game. Are you just looking for a way to be right, or are you willing to engage in intellectual conversation?

You've asked questions and I've answered, if we don't agree that's what debate is comprised of.

You wrote the words you wrote, so if that's not your mindset I don't know why you wrote it. But regardless of if it is or isn't, my argument is against self defeatist mindsets in general.

Folks have been successful and created controlling situations in entertainment so it can be done, but surely can't if all a person sees is a ceiling on how far one can go.
question, if he is control why does he has to sell it to them? why cant he put his content, that he controls, out on his own? if he is really control shouldnt he be able to put his content out without selling to them? again my mindset hasnt been shared; you dont know how i feel; im asking you how it can be done; i didnt say it could or couldnt be done; and your right people have been successful for years creating content; that isnt the issue...

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
question, if he is control why does he has to sell it to them? why cant he put his content, that he controls, out on his own? if he is really control shouldnt he be able to put his content out without selling to them? again my mindset hasnt been shared; you dont know how i feel; im asking you how it can be done; i didnt say it could or couldnt be done; and your right people have been successful for years creating content; that isnt the issue...
Ima tell you why you're right.

Im making a film.

Been working on this motherfucker for 4 years.

Its Sci fi Fantasy with a primarily Black cast.

We on some A New Hope type shit.

This thing IS NOT a low budget production.

When its done, I can sell distribution rights to any distributor world wide.

In the age of Tubi, it WILL SELL.

So yeah, a person like Tyler Perry can afford to invest 2m in a movie and make a profit without being beholden to any one company.

But he doesn't want to.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ima tell you why you're right.

Im making a film.

Been working on this motherfucker for 4 years.

Its Sci fi Fantasy with a primarily Black cast.

We on some A New Hope type shit.

This thing IS NOT a low budget production.

When its done, I can sell distribution rights to any distributor world wide.

In the age of Tubi, it WILL SELL.

So yeah, a person like Tyler Perry can afford to invest 2m in a movie and make a profit without being beholden to any one company.

But he doesn't want to.
I feel ya. I guess the question is why doesn’t he want to? I would assume the answer is because he can profit more using their platforms. Which is ultimately the real issue…

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
With what and how? Please be specific. When they control every form of media. They own every outlet by which entertainment is produced and released. How is making our own going to change, for example, casting tchalla? A character that they created no less. I think people just love to say let’s do it ourselves; it’s really ridiculous and obsurd to say things like that without context. Let me repeat they control and own every form of media media outlets and every thing in between. So it doesn’t matter, at this point, if we make our own entertainment…
Direct to consumer.. there’s this thing called super phone it was created by Ryan Leslie, where you can push products, services, etc directly to your fanbase.. you have your number available for your consumers and basically through text messaging you get notified about whatever project is coming up.. it gives the biz ness, company, etc info about each consumer purchases of your product, service, etc.. it’s how he generates millions of dollars a yr just by releasing music, doing performances, selling merch to his following… so as long as you have consumers and you have a product/service you can directly push it to them with zero middleman needed

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
One day I hope us black people can be wise and mature enough to discuss and understand that not recasting Tchalla immediately does not mean it is a permanent decision.

And that there is a very important significance to mourning that specific character properly before doing so.

And also mourning the actor attached to that role.

That black characters, black actors and all black lives need to be shown a reverence and respect that we are very rarely if ever shown on screen or off.
No one in the #RecastTchalla movement said he had to be recast for BP2. The issue was the character didn't HAVE to die with the actor portraying him. Narratively, there were ways to write around not seeing T'Challa in mainstream MCU without killing him off.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
The movie was already written and ready for production before the passing of Chad. It would have been to difficult to recast as they were already up against deadlines.

Delaying the moving even further would have been costly. However, they did recast it with his son so that was the best option to me.
The son isn't a recast. We aren't our dads. Is Jarrett Payton legendary like his father,Walter Payton? They easily could have just had T'Challa be in space in BP2 overseeing construction of the Wakandan Interglactic Defense System. Say the snap made him paranoid as fuck and he felt he needed a "hands on approach " to the galaxy defense.

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The son isn't a recast. We aren't our dads. Is Jarrett Payton legendary like his father,Walter Payton? They easily could have just had T'Challa be in space I'm BP2 overseeing construction of the Wakandan Interglactic Defense System. Say the snap made him paranoid as fuck and he felt he needed a "hands on approach " to the galaxy defense.
Wouldve actually been smarter to say bp2 was during the blip and while their main leader was gone a new threat arrived… this would’ve been the kingdom fighting while Panther was gone for 5 yrs.. than part 3 somehow have a recast of him

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Direct to consumer.. there’s this thing called super phone it was created by Ryan Leslie, where you can push products, services, etc directly to your fanbase.. you have your number available for your consumers and basically through text messaging you get notified about whatever project is coming up.. it gives the biz ness, company, etc info about each consumer purchases of your product, service, etc.. it’s how he generates millions of dollars a yr just by releasing music, doing performances, selling merch to his following… so as long as you have consumers and you have a product/service you can directly push it to them with zero middleman needed
I like it and a lot of people can do that. But as it relates to movies and tv shows and programs and products like that; that platform won’t provide or produce no where near the amount of exposure or money that the major networks and studios and platforms that are mainstream. And that’s what this thread is about

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Wouldve actually been smarter to say bp2 was during the blip and while their main leader was gone a new threat arrived… this would’ve been the kingdom fighting while Panther was gone for 5 yrs.. than part 3 somehow have a recast of him
The problem with setting BP during the blip is this....when the heroes returned after Hulk's snap, during the scene in Endgame where Cap was gonna fight Thanos and forces by himself, the 1st 3 people he saw coming out of a portal were T'Challa, Shuri and Okoye.

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like it and a lot of people can do that. But as it relates to movies and tv shows and programs and products like that; that platform won’t provide or produce no where near the amount of exposure or money that the major networks and studios and platforms that are mainstream. And that’s what this thread is about

There goes that defeat again. LOL Three people gave you examples of how to get around the system and maintain control. One gave you traditional distribution one gave you international distribution one gave you straight to consumer but you so caught up on the white man having control you can't see you are free. Them shackles are imaginary. Yes the studios have a lot of power but the power is only based on the people. Once the people move their attention somewhere else the power is gone. These outlets come in go because of that.

If you get people to watch your shit you will have power.

Duckman11

Potential Star
Registered
One day I hope us black people can be wise and mature enough to discuss and understand that not recasting Tchalla immediately does not mean it is a permanent decision.

And that there is a very important significance to mourning that specific character properly before doing so.

And also mourning the actor attached to that role.

That black characters, black actors and all black lives need to be shown a reverence and respect that we are very rarely if ever shown on screen or off.
OK, please explain why we need to kill and mourn a fictional character because the actor died ? Thanks.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
OK, please explain why we need to kill and mourn a fictional character because the actor died ? Thanks.
Exactly. Using this rationale,when Denzel goes we can never see 'Fences ' onscreen again. He and James Earl Jones both got awards and accolades playing the iconic role of Troy Maxon.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There goes that defeat again. LOL Three people gave you examples of how to get around the system and maintain control. One gave you traditional distribution one gave you international distribution one gave you straight to consumer but you so caught up on the white man having control you can't see you are free. Them shackles are imaginary. Yes the studios have a lot of power but the power is only based on the people. Once the people move their attention somewhere else the power is gone. These outlets come in go because of that.

Bro stop taking things out of context; you niggas love to say shit that not relevant or create and put views onto people that they are not saying or displaying; i havent shared my mindset on anything as it relates to defeat or not; im only pointing out how the distribution of content is setup and how it gives them power over creators; again his example was solid and good for that type of media; the media we are discussing is movies; and how a certain studio hasnt recasted a character; so when you talking about movies and those types of media then its not the same as music and or other forms of media

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

You ain’t got people? Yes, the studios exert absolute control over the film making process. As they should, considering it is the propaganda arm of white messaging. Capitalism is an account theory on how many you have. Make your film and do it the way you want to. The painful truth is most black folks really don’t want to see black folks and they only want to see them in a specific context.

There is no black films because there is no propaganda arm of black messaging because there is no war. Black folks minds are the human body during a viral outbreak. Their immunity never stood a damn chance. That’s why the culture always die from a common cold.

Just like the Haitians waited for the mosquitoes to come and get rid of their oppressors, white folks wait for tv shows and movies to kill off the negro and his mind.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The problem with setting BP during the blip is this....when the heroes returned after Hulk's snap, during the scene in Endgame where Cap was gonna fight Thanos and forces by himself, the 1st 3 people he saw coming out of a portal were T'Challa, Shuri and Okoye.
All those people that fought during that thanos fight didn’t disappear, they were just summoned to fight, that’s why they came through the portal, remember Panther was in wakanda when thanos snapped his fingers.. so when he reappeared he was in wakanda again, than they got summons to fight.. that’s an easy fix.. remember nobody ever seen shuri evaporate after the finger snap

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
"Now that detective is the right question"
I had a convo with a couple of sfx artists. They complained about how they were never able to just make what they wanted to make for a movie.

So i said why dont y'all just make your own?

Them mafuggas was like dont nobody know how to do that!

:lol:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Everyone has a cellphone, it’s easier to send an ad to your phone as far as promotion than if you put it on tv.. everyone dosent watch tv but everyone uses a phone, also once you get a text you can easily forward the text to the next person which is word of mouth promotion.. the fact that superphone isn’t one of the biggest thing out is still baffling.. but I understand why dosent have enough celebs promoting it.. but as far as this convo creating something can be made by individuals with money and promoting it well I just gave you the example with the superphone.. all those things can technically all be utilized with black control

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had a convo with a couple of sfx artists. They complained about how they were never able to just make what they wanted to make for a movie.

So i said why dont y'all just make your own?

Them mafuggas was like dont nobody know how to do that!

:lol:
Knowing how to get something done is key!! also I think with Tyler he probably doesnt want to because it takes more money time and effort; why create that when the system is already in place; one just has to abide by the system laws! Again, I like Tyler story of how he came up; his creations or content is terrible to me; outside of a couple of characters, i never like how he portrays black men! i dont like his story lines either; but hey that shit sells or at least the tell us it does; but to your point, im not sure they would do it even if they knew how...

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everyone has a cellphone, it’s easier to send an ad to your phone as far as promotion than if you put it on tv.. everyone dosent watch tv but everyone uses a phone, also once you get a text you can easily forward the text to the next person which is word of mouth promotion.. the fact that superphone isn’t one of the biggest thing out is still baffling.. but I understand why dosent have enough celebs promoting it.. but as far as this convo creating something can be made by individuals with money and promoting it well I just gave you the example with the superphone.. all those things can technically all be utilized with black control
:cool: :cool:i like it alot!! and what you are saying makes so much sense!! i dont think there is a shortage of what we create; i just think how its distributed to us and others is an issue; also what is distribute to us and others is an issue as well; but the creations of our art has always been there and will always be...