Pass/Fail: Skip Bayless has 'no sympathy' for Dak Prescott after Dallas quarterback opens up about depression

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Skip Bayless has 'no sympathy' for Dak Prescott after Dallas quarterback opens up about depression

WRITTEN BYZAC AL-KHATEEB
@ZacAlKhateeb

Skip Bayless has made a career of delivering head-turning and blistering hot takes, but the notorious commentator reached a new low Thursday.

Bayless, speaking on "Skip and Shannon: Undisputed," said he had "no sympathy" for Dak Prescott after the Cowboys quarterback went public about his depression before and after the April death of his older brother, Jake Prescott. Bayless argued that, as the leader of an NFL franchise, Prescott needed to be a "CEO" of the football team — presumably not allowing himself to be vulnerable or to be affected in his ability to prepare for the season.

"I'm going to ask our audience to feel free to go ahead and condemn me, if you choose, as cold-blooded and insensitive on this issue. I have deep compassion for clinical depression. But when it comes to the quarterback of an NFL team — you know this better than I do — it's the ultimate leadership position in sports, am I right about that? You are commanding an entire franchise. What's the roster now, 53, still? But you're commanding a lot of young me and some older men.

And they're all looking to you to be their CEO, to be in charge of their football team. Because of all that, I don't have sympathy for him going public with, 'I got depressed. I suffered depression early in COVID to the point where I couldn't even go work out.' Look, he's the quarterback of 'America's Team.'"
Dak Prescott on Wednesday revealed the cause of Jace Prescott's death as a suicide in an interview with “In Depth with Graham Bensinger.” Prescott also revealed he was already dealing with his own issues of anxiety and depression when the news broke.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Generally i would side with Skip on this issue. Just hard for me to relate with this era of men talking about they depressed.. And to source Covid and a 3 month fucking fake ass quarantine as a reason is ho shit. But Dak, my be different. He may have some legit clinical depression issues. I know he lost his mom young, and his brother killed himself this year. His issues seem more serious and may even run in the family. Wish the guy the best (despite his past coonery).

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No I don't think its for views. This is the way white people think when it comes to a black entertainer they like. They just want shut up and color, act dance, play or sing. Don't need your issues and excuses just go tough it out and win. Don't tell someone how they should deal with their life and their pain.

He is the QB on Americas Team he cant be thinking like this. Shut up, Skip. He said all he needs to do is talk to Elliott and he will be fine. Elliott is not a psychiatrist.

Skip the type of person that wouldn't care if Dak went Last Boy Scout and say at least we won.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
He's playing a scripted character for views. Nice does not sell and doesn't get attention. Outrageous does.
Yup. I don't pay any attention to him

QG1tTP.jpg

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't watch sports anymore, so I don't know who the white guy is.
I know the black guy cause he used to play football right?
Did the black guy come to Dak's defense?

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
FUCK SKIP BAYLESS!

So a Black man making money in a very pressurized situation can't get depressed? Over the death of a relative? Or over anything, for that matter?

Depression is a real disease, and is quite common. As Black men, there are a lot of pressures that can make us depressed. Doesn't matter what your lot in life is. Hope Dak can get help. Nothing to be ashamed about, and it's not a sign of weakness to be depressed, or to get help for it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
skip used to get on my nerves with his viewpoints and the homerism. but he says things for ratings. nothing to see here.

i hear you

but I think that is a slippery slope

cause NO BLACK sports guy could say that about a WHITE athlete and get away with it.

And we dont want to give these white dude jealous envious bitter hot take talking heads license to just disparage black athletes MORE than they ALREADY do

Skip went EXTRA on this one and it was completely unnecessary

and proves "cancel culture" is bullsh*t

cause if Black folk REALLY had that power

would Skip dare say this or would he STILL have his job on Monday?

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Tad and Dak Prescott respond to Skip Bayless' comments belittling QB's bout with depression

Dak Prescott revealed on Wednesday that he has struggled with depression.
On Thursday, he responded to a talking head who took him to task for his vulnerability.
The Dallas Cowboys quarterback made the revelation in an interview with Graham Bensinger released Wednesday as he and his brother, Tad, discussed their brother Jace’s death. Jace died by suicide in April.
Dak noted that Jace had a tendency to carry his burdens alone and encouraged others dealing with mental health problems to share their struggles with loved ones.

“Because our adversities, our struggles, what we go through is always gonna be too much for ourselves and maybe too much for even one or two people, but never too much for a community or too much for people in the family that you love. So you have to share these things,” Prescott said.
Prescott was widely applauded for his openness on mental health, an issue with a stigma that’s often magnified in sports.
Skip Bayless’ reckless take
And then there’s Skip Bayless. The FS1 talking head makes his living saying outrageous thing for the sake of being outrageous. On Thursday, he made light of mental illness and criticized Prescott for admitting his struggles while declaring depression unfit for an NFL quarterback.
He did this on World Suicide Prevention Day, amplifying his normal level of absurdity to a stance that’s dangerous and irresponsible. Bayless drew plenty of rightful backlash.
He also prompted a response from both of the Prescott brothers.
Dak, Tad respond to Bayless
Dak delivered a nuanced response continuing to advocate for mental health awareness and breaking down the stigma of discussing difficult issues.
“Being a leader is about being genuine and being real,” Prescott said in a statement released by the Cowboys’ official website. “As I said, if I wouldn’t have talked about those things to the people I did, I wouldn’t have realized my friends and a lot more people go through them.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

We about past statements at this point

this cant be the standard get of jail free card for corporations going forward

especially FOX

the whole country on some mental health kick right?

So if everyone including his bosses crying foul why he still got a job?

At least suspend him

but see they CAN'T cause they hired a lifelong no talent troll

you bang him for this?

You gotta do it EVERY time and will cain might as well quit now then.

We as black folk keep getting accused of this bullsh*t CANCEL CULTURE narrative

so if that was true wouldn't Skip be cancelled ALREADY?

Last edited:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
All these Jordan dickriders been jumpin out the window wit crazy comments this year. Stephen Jackson, Jason Shitlock, now Skip.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
"His white side" that Dak Prescott has been cooning to;
The police side that he gave $300k to in the midst of the
George Floyd protests???

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah that's some how ass shit. When I heard this shit on the radio I couldn't believe. You have people out here killing themselves because they are too afraid to seek help or even admit they have a mental illness and you have this piece of shit telling them I don't have sympathy for it? All these NFL players especially need to seek mental help and make sure they are straight because who knows how many holes in their brain they have and don't even know it.

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not a Dak fan and I hate Skip Bayless. To say such bullshit Skipper said is low even for him. Skippy trying to say it was just Covid depression but you add quarantine to your mom dying and your brother committing suicide then being stuck at home to yourself, that's rough. And his bs apology/explanation was worse. Stephen A got suspended for a lot less.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Skip needs to be fired and I don't understand why it hasn't happened already.

Is he gay? Cause he dresses like a gay man and that is maybe why he is being protected.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Skip needs to be fired and I don't understand why it hasn't happened already.

Alot of black people depend on Skip for Bron hate. He's been untouchable. Disrespecting a biracial is another story though.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
When,I saw it live and heard him said "He's not trying to be insensitive" I knew it was going to be some bullshit. And,then Shannon tried to help him out but he kept going on and on.

This is,why some men,especially black men are fucked up because we're told that showing any type of emotion or discussing the problems in your life is looked down upon in society. And,when some black men lashout and anger issues it's a problem.

When are people going to realize men has emotion and has issues just like women.

I hope Dak gets the help he needs...