People be very careful this virus is not done yet

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
That's why do me and keep it moving. I don't have time worrying about other people's stupidity.
Exactly. Though in this case other people's stupid shit can possibly affect you or someone you love directly. That's what so frustrating about it Gouki. :smh:

pexjXJ.jpg

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
Because dumb asses ain't getting vaccinated. Game over if it mutates beyond our ability to inoculate against it.
I am already here and talk about the gamma version which tells me that it’s already out there somewhere like I said earlier in the week we are not going to come to an complete end but it’s going to be a major reset on this earth

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I still find it funny, for all the unvaccinated people that's still dying, I dont know none of them. Hell, I really dont personally know anybody that died from Covid period.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Fox News has a vaccine passport program to protect its employees, despite the network’s on-air messaging: reports
By BRIAN NIEMIETZ
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
JUL 19, 2021 AT 6:53 PM

Do as they do, not as they say.
Despite its hosts’ hysterical rants about vaccination programs, Fox News reportedly has what is tantamount to a vaccine passport program to protect its own workers.

Advertisement
Both The Hill and CNN report that internal emails from the human resources department at Fox Corporation last month informed employees that “a secure, voluntary” method by which workers could “self-attest their vaccination status” was being made available. It’s called the FOX Clear Pass.
According to that email, employees who provide the right-wing media empire with information regarding the dates they were vaccinated and the vaccination they received would be helping the company with “space planning and contact tracing.”

Employees who supply that information will no longer be required to complete a daily health screening, according to the reports.
Not only has Fox welcomed guests who reject the concept of so-called vaccine passports — its own messengers have scoffed at the idea on air.

Tucker Carlson’s top writer resigns, wrote racist posts under pseudonym »
Cash cow Tucker Carlson recently equated separating non-vaccinated people — who could be carrying a deadly and contagious virus — to racial segregation during the Jim Crow era. The perpetually aggrieved pundit admitted during that screed that “the coronavirus is transmissible and it can be dangerous,” but noted there are other diseases that fit that description, too. As an example, he cited, tuberculosis which is not at the center of a global pandemic.

Traffic on Sixth Avenue passes by advertisements featuring Fox News personalities, including Bret Baier, Martha MacCallum, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, and Sean Hannity, adorn the front of the News Corporation building, March 13, 2019 in New York City. (Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
Chinese researcher dies from rare monkey virus »
While a judge ruled in September that viewers should know Carlson is not “stating actual facts” about the topics on his show, the 52-year-old entertainer commands a larger audience than anyone on cable news. Carlson has been defensive when asked about his own vaccination status.
Fellow host Laura Ingraham has expressed concern that vaccine passports could be made to include a person’s HIV status. HIV is not an airborne virus.
Fox News has repeatedly undermined efforts to mitigate the dangers of COVID-19, which has killed more than 600,000 Americans. That has included comparing the deadly pandemic to the common flu and refuting the value of wearing masks in minimizing transmission.
While some Fox workers have returned to their offices, the company reportedly hopes to open fully after Labor Day.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

How Covid vaccine incentives failed America
America has a long history of requiring vaccinations. Why so much resistance when it comes to Covid?

A healthcare worker places a band-aid on a patient after administering a dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine at Boston Medical Center on June 17, 2021.Adam Glanzman / Bloomberg via Getty Images file

July 24, 2021, 8:00 AM EDT
By Michael A. Cohen, MSNBC Opinion Columnist
The other night, I told my two kids to “put on your socks and shoes” so we could all go out and pick up dinner. But my oldest insisted that she didn’t want to go. "That’s fine," I told her, "but we’re picking up dessert and if you don’t come, there will be none for you." To my surprise, she agreed to forgo a treat.
As a country, we need to stop bending over backwards to appease those who are ignoring science, common sense, and their civic responsibilities.
I share that experience because in that brief parenting moment lies the solution for the continued refusal of millions of Americans to get vaccinated against Covid-19. If people want to make the choice not to protect themselves, they can do so. It’s a free country after all, as many of those arguing against vaccination are quick to remind us. But there are also consequences for our choices.

Want to see a movie or play, eat in a restaurant, hear a concert, shop at the mall, visit a museum or board a train or a plane? Then get vaccinated and be prepared to show proof of it. Otherwise, be prepared to miss out on those experiences.
In other words: No vaccine = no treat.

Politics expert says business barring unvaccinated key to driving voluntary vaccinations
JULY 23, 202111:51

No longer can the country be held hostage to the stubbornness and selfishness of those who are making it impossible for America to move past the pandemic. And we’ve seen proof that mandates work in dislodging the holdouts.
Last week in France, where vaccinations hover around 40 percent, President Emmanuel Macron announced this exact policy would begin in August. Within 72 hours, more than 3 million people booked online vaccination appointments. As any parent will tell you, this is not a surprising outcome.
Contrary to the current hysteria over vaccination mandates, there is a long history in this country of requiring vaccinations.
In the United States, however, it’s the responsible Americans who are being forced to change their behavior. In Los Angeles County, mask-wearing is again mandatory — even for those who are fully vaccinated. There’s a push to do the same in New York City, even though nationwide more than 99 percent of people still dying from Covid-19, and the overwhelming majority of those who are hospitalized, are not vaccinated. Since unvaccinated people cannot be trusted under the honor system to wear a mask in indoor settings, the rest of us have to go back to the way things were before vaccines became readily available.
Why should the Americans who have done the right thing for themselves, their families and their communities be forced to sacrifice on behalf of those who act as though their “personal choices” have no consequences?

Republicans say ‘my body, my choice’ for vaccines as they attack abortion access activists say
JULY 23, 202107:14

Last week, the conservative magazine National Review published a piece arguing that vaccine-hesitant people “can’t be persuaded if they feel disrespected.” The author has it completely backward: Vaccine-willing people need to be respected. As a country, we need to stop bending over backward to appease those who are ignoring science, common sense and their civic responsibilities.
The issue is, of course, much larger than the comfort of vaccinated people. It’s about the millions of Americans who are immunocompromised and still at risk. It’s about safeguarding the children under 12 who still can’t get the shot. It’s about the small segment of the population that has gotten sick even after getting both vaccine shots. It’s to prevent further variants, like the delta variant, from developing and spreading.
Putting in place vaccine mandates will undoubtedly stir a political backlash, but what other choice is there?
America needs to get a significant share of the population vaccinated to build herd immunity, a goal that keeps slipping further and further into the future. Those who refuse are not just hurting themselves: They are hurting all of us — while making it more difficult for the country to finally enter the post-pandemic world.
Contrary to the current hysteria over vaccination mandates, there is a long history in this country of requiring vaccinations. Every single state has such requirements for public school students. Since the Covid-19 vaccines were made available under the Food and Drug Administration’s emergency use authorization, there is only so far that the federal government can go in mandating vaccination. But that doesn’t mean it’s powerless to hold unvaccinated people accountable while the FDA moves toward full approval.
First, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has already issued guidance allowing employers to mandate Covid-19 vaccines for workers. Several major companies, including Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs, have already implemented such or similar policies. No one is getting fired, but anyone who wants to work in an office has to be vaccinated. Even Fox Corp. has its own version of vaccine passports. More than 500 colleges are also requiring students to have proof of vaccination.

Dr. Jha: If you’re vaccinated, you should not be ‘excessively worried’
JULY 23, 202106:51

The Biden administration may not be able to force businesses to implement mandates at present, but the White House should still be encouraging others to follow suit. In addition, the FDA needs to expedite the process of fully approving the vaccines. Considering every public health official both inside and outside of government has declared them safe for use, it shouldn’t be taking so long for the FDA to take this necessary step. Once it happens, the administration should follow France’s path in tightening the mandates on vaccinations.
Second, about one-third of the military is unvaccinated currently. President Joe Biden should order every military member to get the Covid-19 vaccine — and he has the legal authority to do so. He can also reverse guidance issued last month that allowed federal employees to go unvaccinated. He should also make it a requirement for federal contractors.

Rather than require some international travelers to have proof of a negative Covid-19 test, require them to have proof of vaccination, and that includes Americans. Encourage private airlines to do the same and make it a requirement to board an Amtrak train. (Considering Amtrak is a quasi federal organization, it’s hard to see how this couldn’t be the case.)
Third, private companies need to pick up the slack. Rather than enact new mask requirements as Covid-19 cases increase and the delta variant runs rampant, they should require customers to provide a record of vaccination before entry into their events and venues. Already, some states have created digital apps that show proof of vaccination; so too have some nonprofits and private companies. Requiring proof of vaccination would likely push millions of Americans to download and use these digital tools. Knowing they can’t see a movie or go to a concert without getting a shot would almost certainly have a similar effect.
There are undoubtedly some hardcore groups and individuals who will never get vaccinated. But, as the recent case in France shows, many Americans are likely on the fence and not sure if a shot is necessary. Depriving them of the opportunities vaccinated people get to enjoy might be enough to convince them.
Putting in place vaccine mandates will undoubtedly stir a political backlash, but what other choice is there? Cajoling, encouraging, even incentivizing people who are hesitant has hit its limits. It’s time for another approach.
If people want to make the choice not to vaccinate themselves and put themselves and others at risk, well, you do you. But the rest of us need not bear the consequences of that decision

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Woman from viral hospital video thanks doctors and nurses, shares important message for others
Christina Paz, a mother of 5, had no underlying conditions.

ByKelly McCarthyvia
April 10, 2020, 8:21 AM
• 6 min read

00:0206:10

6:10
Woman describes triumphant hospital departure surrounded by doctors, nurses
Christina Paz spoke exclusively to ABC News about the incredible send-off after spending more t...Read More
A New York woman who spent 15 days in the hospital due to novel coronavirus had an unforgettable send-off thanks to her doctors, nurses and husband and she hopes her triumphant story will continue to inspire others during this tough time.

The Staten Island University Hospital posted a video on Facebook of the staff erupting in cheers as Christina Paz was discharged after her hard-fought battle with COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus.

Recent Stories from ABC News
Top ArticlesREAD MORETexas man convicted of killing officer, thenattacks bailiff

ABC News
Christina Paz is released from the hospital after recovering from Coronavirus.
The 47-year-old mother of five told ABC News in an exclusive interview that the special moment was "something to really be thankful for."

"Knowing that they cared that much to be there -- you know, to say that goodbye, was wonderful," she said.

1:21
A New York City mother of five was cheered on by hospital staff as she left Staten Island Universi...Read More
"When I finally saw him, I could not have imagined what was going to come over me," Paz said of the emotional reunion with her husband.

"I appreciate the opportunity to hopefully give inspiration, hope to those who may be facing or have loved ones facing this situation," she went on. "I have overcome. My heart goes out to those who have not been as fortunate in having a positive outcome. I give my sincere condolences as I can only imagine the pain you were going through. But there is hope and I am living proof of that."

The powerful moment has been shared on social media by thousands but the hopeful, happy ending also serves as a cautionary tale for others.

ABCNews.com
VIDEO: Woman describes triumphant hospital departure surrounded by doctors, nurses
Paz said she had no underlying conditions and began to feel under the weather in mid-March. Her symptoms persisted after a few days.

"I noticed the cough was getting worse and I was having trouble breathing. Then my family started telling me, 'you could have this.' And I'm like, 'no, there's no way,'" she recalled. "Why would I get this? How could I get this? I mean the most I did was, you know, go out shopping and take the precaution while shopping, you know, washing the hands before washing them after."

Editor's Picks

Bar owner removes $3,714 in bills from walls to give to unemployed staff

Health care heroes read an inspiring letter they got from their boss

Mom who tested positive for COVID-19 describes giving birth, being isolated from her newborn daughter

But her condition worsened and she was hospitalized.

Paz said she didn't realize how bad her health was until she overheard nurses tell her husband that she would be moved to critical care.

"I still refused to accept how serious it was until I heard the nurses on the phone with my husband -- telling him that they were taking me there," she said. "They [were] afraid they may need to incubate and put me on the ventilator."

Paz said the prospect of that was terrifying, but thinking about her family gave her strength.

ABC News
Christina Paz is released from the hospital after recovering from Coronavirus.
"I'd sometimes dial just to hear their voices. And that for me was help.That was reminding me what I was fighting for, not to lay there and give up," she said. "I just kept saying, 'I have to keep better enough to go, to go home. I have a lot to go home to.'"

After three days in the critical care unit, Paz's condition stabilized and she finally began to improve. Eventually, thanks to her great medical care team, Paz was well enough to go home after more than two weeks.

"There are not words strong enough to thank them for the care that they give," Paz said. "The doctors, the nurses, they all go way above and beyond. And nobody can thank them enough."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
CDC backtracks on masks guidance for vaccinated people, schools
The agency cited increasing concern around the fast-spreading delta variant.
ByCheyenne Haslett andAnne Flaherty
July 27, 2021, 4:25 PM

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Tuesday cited new science on the transmissibility of the delta variant in reversing its mask guidance to now recommend that everyone in areas with substantial or high levels of transmission, vaccinated or not, wear a mask in public, indoor settings.

The agency also called for universal masking in schools.

The new science, gathered from several states and other countries, shows that "in rare occasions, some vaccinated people infected with a delta variant after vaccination may be contagious and spread the virus to others," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky told reporters during a briefing on Tuesday afternoon.

"This new science is worrisome, and unfortunately warrants an update to our recommendation," Walensky said.

The risk of a symptomatic infection is reduced sevenfold for fully vaccinated people, Walensky said, and the risk of hospitalization is reduced twentyfold.

"As CDC has recommended for months, unvaccinated individuals should get vaccinated and continue masking until they are fully vaccinated," she said.

Jim Lo Scalzo/AP, FILE
Center for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky testifies during a Sena...Read More

But in areas that the CDC deems substantial or high transmission, the agency also recommends fully vaccinated people wear masks in public, indoor settings "to help prevent the spread of the delta variants and protect others."

The public health agency also recommended schools embrace universal masking, departing from guidance released earlier this month that suggested vaccinated students and staff were safe to go without a mask.

"CDC recommends localities encourage universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status," the CDC wrote in a summary of the new guidance. "Children should return to full-time in-person learning in the fall with proper prevention strategies are in place."

MORE: CDC director stands firm on mask guidance, calls it 'individual choice' for vaccinated to wear one
The revised guidance raised questions about the CDC's previous decision to no longer recommend masking, indoors or outdoors, for fully vaccinated people, and whether that was an overly confident move that relied too heavily on an honor system for unvaccinated Americans to continue to follow the rules.

But it also raises questions about how likely it is that fully vaccinated people can transmit the virus when infected, and whether that has changed with the onset of the delta variant — a question that the CDC is still studying but has said with increasing confidence is much less likely to occur among vaccinated people as opposed to unvaccinated people.

Emerging science on that question was a key reason the CDC changed the mask guidance two months ago, in May, when it announced that all vaccinated Americans were safe to go without a mask indoors or in a crowd. Its guidance for schools followed that principle.

CDC recommendations noted that individuals and schools could still opt to wear a mask even if fully vaccinated, but said the risk of illness and transmission was low.

At the time, Walensky pointed to a "coalescence of more science that has emerged just in the last week" in three areas.

"One is the effectiveness of the vaccines in general in real world populations. One is the effectiveness against variants, which was just published last week. And then the effectiveness in preventing transmissibility," Walensky said in May.

But evolving factors have forced the CDC to take another look; chief among them, the Delta variant, and as a close second, some Americans' unwillingness to get vaccinated. And while the CDC didn't predict those barriers, Walensky has consistently reminded Americans that guidance will have to change as the pandemic does.

"This past year has shown us that this virus can be unpredictable. So, if things get worse, there is always a chance we may need to make a change to these recommendations," she said on May 13.

As of Tuesday, about 69% of adult Americans had at least one shot, while 60% were fully vaccinated. The country missed President Joe Biden's goal to have at least 70% of adults with one shot by July 4.

And the story varies widely across the country, particularly in pockets in the southeast and midwest, where vaccination rates dip below the national average.

MORE: Symptomatic breakthrough COVID-19 infections rare, CDC data estimates
On Tuesday, the CDC told reporters that those factors didn't change the benefits of getting vaccinated: the risk of severe illness from COVID still remains low for Americans who are fully vaccinated and the vast majority of people hospitalized with COVID-19 are still unvaccinated.

But the delta variant, which has taken root in the U.S. over the last month and now represents 83% of all infections, is different than past mutations of the virus, the CDC said.

"In rare occasions, some vaccinated people can get delta in a breakthrough infection and may be contagious," the CDC said.

Doctors and researchers who have been tracking the pandemic and working on the frontlines were largely supportive of the CDC's decision on Tuesday.

"We are seeing the delta variant cause a spike in hospitalizations in the U.S., just like it did in the U.K. and India earlier this summer. A return to indoor masking is a simple way to slow the spread," said Caitlin M. Rivers, an epidemiologist and senior scholar at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

And on the question of transmission among vaccinated people, the question should be framed up against the much greater risk, which is transmission among people who have not gotten a vaccine and have ceased following any safety guidelines, said Dr. William Schaffner, a professor of preventive medicine and infectious diseases at Vanderbilt University in Nashville.

"The issue is the unvaccinated. That's where the transmission is like a four-lane highway with all that traffic. There's some spillover to the vaccinated, but that's like a bunch of side streets," Schaffner said.

"Yes, there is transmission among the vaccinated and from the vaccinated, but it's very low in comparison to the amount of transmission that is occurring among unvaccinated people."

But the unknowns still increases concerns for parents of young children who aren't eligible for vaccines yet.

"Parents of unvaccinated children should have their kids wear a mask, avoid crowds, and continue to take the precautions we've been relying on throughout the pandemic to reduce risk," Rivers said.

Rivers said she had returned to wearing her mask indoors, regardless of whether she was in an area with high transmission -- and Schaffner said he'd never stopped.

"I am back in a mask when indoors in public, even though I'm fully vaccinated," Rivers said.

Schaffner compared it to wearing a belt and suspenders to hold up pants -- double protection.

"I'm an infectious disease doc, I really respect this virus, and I will take every layer of protection that I can get," he said.

He encouraged the general public, no matter where they live, to take up mask-wearing again when indoors.

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just got off the phone with a buddy who got it (took the J & J vaccine) said it popped him, but nothing like it would have without the shot.

BGOL be safe out there..

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii

Former Batwoman star Ruby Rose hospitalized after surgical complications

The actress said it took hours to find an emergency room that would admit her.
By Naledi Ushe
July 28, 2021 at 09:50 AM EDT

Ruby Rose tearfully revealed that it took her hours to get accepted into an emergency room due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

The 35-year-old actress took to her Instagram Story on Tuesday and explained her hospitalization was due to a complication from surgery, although she didn't go into detail about the procedure she had.

"I just wanted to sort out some live stuff and some health stuff and some house stuff and all the good things," Rose said in a video.
The Australian actress continued, "I did have a procedure and I had to have surgery, but it was fine and the surgery went well. But then I had a few complications and I had to go to the emergency room to go to the hospital."

Rose said when she finally determined her symptoms were serious she "called an ambulance and it took hours to find a hospital that would be able to take me or anyone."

The Orange Is the New Black alum began to cry as she told fans emergency rooms were "rejecting taking people and I… and my case was quite serious."

"We stuck it out for a little bit longer and we were lucky enough to get accepted by a hospital after a bit of a standoff," the tearful DJ said.

"Everyone was amazing, all the front-liners are amazing," Rose said of her healthcare team.

Regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the reason she assumed it took a long time to get a room, she told fans, "Please stay safe, try to keep everyone safe. Get vaccinated if you can, please."

"It's just… it doesn't need to be this hard for everyone and I just can't imagine all the other people that are having way more, way, way more serious situations happening right now," the Australian star said.

"I'm just sending everyone love," Rose said, adding that she would continue her social media break.
Ending her video, the actress told her followers, "I love you all and take care of yourselves."

COVID-19 numbers are increasing in California and across the United States due to the highly transmissible Delta variant, which is now the most common strain in the country, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Unvaccinated individuals make up the large majority of new cases and hospitalizations.

On Tuesday, California had over 12,000 new COVID-19 cases and a 14-day average of 6,973 new cases, according to data shared by the New York Times.

More than 609,000 people nationwide have died from COVID-19 since the pandemic began, according to the CDC. 49.2 of the country is fully vaccinated.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What you need to know

- COVID-19 vaccines provide a strong, robust immune response that’s much safer and more protective than acquiring immunity through natural infection, according to health agencies

- A previous COVID-19 diagnosis may offer some "natural" protection in the form of immunity but there is no way of telling how long those antibodies may last, the CDC says

- The World Health Organization says all recommended doses of the vaccine should be taken, even if you've already had COVID-19

People should still get vaccinated even if they’ve already had COVID-19, health agencies and medical experts say
According to medical experts and health agencies, people should get vaccinated regardless of whether they have previously been infected with COVID-19 because it remains unclear how strong or long-lasting the protection from natural antibodies is. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19, according to the CDC.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
T.J. Ward chastises Ron Rivera for wanting his players to get vaccinated
Posted by Mike Florio on July 28, 2021, 6:14 AM EDT

Getty Images
Washington coach Ron Rivera survived cancer last year. With so many of his players refusing to get vaccinated against COVID, Rivera (who is at risk of serious complications given his cancer battle), is understandably frustrated. Former NFL safety T.J. Ward expressed no sympathy for Rivera on social media.

“Just park the Riverboat,” Ward said. “His health is beyond that of COVID. Maybe it’s time to let it go. Don’t blame the players for your life long health decisions.”

200.gif

Cancer, Dr. Ward, isn’t an STD. In many instances, it’s genetic. While some behaviors increase the risk for certain types of cancers, the idea that sympathy for cancer patients should be tempered because it’s their fault is offensive to many.

Ward had more.

“At some point you gotta pay for them vices,” he said. “Cancer runs in my family like many American families. But also bad diets and cigarettes do as well. Except responsibility. Don’t blame and be disappointed in your 23 year olds cus they have they own bodies and opinions about their health.”

tenor.gif

Ward later deleted those tweets and added a new thread.

“Gonna address this one time more,” Ward said. “I was not trying be insensitive to anyone effected by the cancer. I know you don’t chose to get cancer. And I tried to clear that up. If you know me and my career you know what my support is for cancer people dealing with it. I’ve been effected myself closely. I didn’t mean to offend you. God bless.”

It’s just another example of the strong feelings that are making it hard if not impossible for some teams to get all players to get vaccinated.
Whenever a strong argument for getting the vaccine is made, there always will be a way (clumsy or otherwise) to turn the tables in order to justify the persist refusal to do what everyone should do.

@easy_b

Last edited: