Post your underrated old school jams

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

RIP TO SAM COOKE

RIP DADDY....

My brother plays this guy Rockie Robbins

I love the movie The woman in the Red Dress....

Joe Tex vs James Brown....they were dropping diss records back in the day,they said James and his crew beat Joe Tex ass really bad after this record,its all on youtube.RIP to both men

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My top 5 no order

Not really “old school” but still didn’t get The credit it deserves imo

I like the songs you listed, but I have to ask you something pertaining to Sly and the Family Stone's, "If You Want Me To Stay."

It's one of my favorite songs by the group and although it was a long time ago, I do remember it getting radio air play (WWRL, WBLS).

Now, I couldn't afford to purchase the album back then (and I definitely couldn't afford to buy "Cashbox" or "Billboard" at that time. If I was lucky I might get to see "Jet" magazine top 20 listing for the week).

So, I have to ask you why do you feel this song is underrated? Did they play it in on your local radio stations when it came out?

From Wikipedia:

"If You Want Me to Stay" was the band's final Top 20 pop hit, and is the best-known of its post-There's a Riot Goin' On recordings. The single reached number 12 on the Pop Chart, and number three on the Billboard R&B Singles Chart.[3]

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

I haven't seen this video since i was a small child. Was jer singing really that bad? We e given jer shit overthe years for it but in reality she never wanted to be s performer in thefirst plwce just like rebi and speaking of rebi

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This song dropped in 1987 that's 37 years ago.

Holy shit this is the first time I ever seen this vid of the actual song.. i always thought this song was made by some chipmunk singing voice sounding as nig on some new edition shit. Didn’t realize it was a broad all this time..mind blown.. it be the songs you think a broad was singing and than yrs later you find out it was a dude , this song was the reverse of that

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

RIP TO SAM COOKE

RIP DADDY....

My brother plays this guy Rockie Robbins

I love the movie The woman in the Red Dress....

Joe Tex vs James Brown....they were dropping diss records back in the day,they said James and his crew beat Joe Tex ass really bad after this record,its all on youtube.RIP to both men

"Liar" was Profyle's biggest hit.....

These dudes had "(Can We) M.A.K.E.L.U.V" and "Can We Make Love" on the same album.....

One was clearly better than the other.........

SN: in 2 years One Chance's biggest song will be 20 years old and we can talk about that one

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Domino before there was a Nate Dog

Poor Broke and Lonely.....I had the tape and they had this song called twisted

DFC

Domino.....

Something for the People

A town Playa's

Last edited: