Quick Go-Go Crank Break... Ongoing Go-Go thread!!!

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
I am not a Washingtonian, but DC raised me for 20 years.....I remember listening to GOGO in college (DC Metro Club), but didn't embrace the sound until I moved to the area in 2003.....

With that being said, my favorite group is Suttle Thoughts...Man all their joints would be like 80% women and 20% men....

Trying to remember the name of the hotel that has alot of bands performing on the weekends in lanham, md.....

They used to have a lot of bands out here but most of the places that had bands have closed. LaFontaine Bleu got turned into a furniture store.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They used to have a lot of bands out here but most of the places that had bands have closed. LaFontaine Bleu got turned into a furniture store.

Yeah this spot was at a hotel. I will have to ask my barber the name because I think they still open...Last time I went was probably back in 2020 before Covid.

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I came to DC to go to HU in '89. To this day, I still can't get into that shit, except for the few joints that are popular outside of the DMV. But, I've been hip to the go-go scene since back in the '90's when they had strippers dancing at the venues. I remember a popular VHS video of a go-go band performing at an indoor pool. Shit was wild. Had bitches (I assumed were strippers) stuffing water bottles up their twot. Loved that video.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn just got this email for a few seconds ago lol

RARE ESSENCE
ft JAS FUNK

LIVE SUN AUG 13 2023
6PM-11PM
EARLY ARRIVAL
STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!

PRIVILEGE LOUNGE DC
1115 U ST NW/WDC

AUDIO BY DJ BIG JOHN

$325 VIP TABLES AVAILABLE
HOOKAH AVAILABLE
21 & UP

$25 EARLY BIRD TICKETS AVAILABLE AT
WWW.TICKETSOURCE.US/EPIC-UPTOWN-LLC

TEXT “REPARTY” TO 866.754.0318
INFORMATION & TABLES CONTACT
EPIC CONCEPTS 202.734.1464​

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
I came to DC to go to HU in '89. To this day, I still can't get into that shit, except for the few joints that are popular outside of the DMV. But, I've been hip to the go-go scene since back in the '90's when they had strippers dancing at the venues. I remember a popular VHS video of a go-go band performing at an indoor pool. Shit was wild. Had bitches (I assumed were strippers) stuffing water bottles up their twot. Loved that video.

The good pool party vids. NEG had one but RE's was the most infamous. Had the local freak body Trina Boo doing all the nasty shit. We took that to college and had mufuckas like WTF?

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeh i used to go several nights. they had reggae on sunday or monday with Emporer Sound. I was there every week. And would go to Cross Roads club on the weekend with super slice.
Cross Roads was epic. Use to hit that joint on Monday nights to watch strippers and football lol

Kemo07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The good pool party vids. NEG had one but RE's was the most infamous. Had the local freak body Trina Boo doing all the nasty shit. We took that to college and had mufuckas like WTF?
Yeah I remember the video from that pool party. Trina Boo was sexy. Rumor was she had that sauce though

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Which is fucking sad.. Bleu used to be the spot. Did you ever hit My Place Sports Bar on nights when they had the bands?

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am not a Washingtonian, but DC raised me for 20 years.....I remember listening to GOGO in college (DC Metro Club), but didn't embrace the sound until I moved to the area in 2003.....

With that being said, my favorite group is Suttle Thoughts...Man all their joints would be like 80% women and 20% men....

Trying to remember the name of the hotel that has alot of bands performing on the weekends in lanham, md.....

The original line up with Prat used to go hard also.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Which is fucking sad.. Bleu used to be the spot. Did you ever hit My Place Sports Bar on nights when they had the bands?

Nope but I remember falling through there one night for some wings and beer. That was a while ago though.
I went and checked out the furniture store that was the Bleu and it's sad looking around there. Used to be the place everyone had wedding receptions.

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I was at that one..lol

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nope but I remember falling through there one night for some wings and beer. That was a while ago though.
I went and checked out the furniture store that was the Bleu and it's sad looking around there. Used to be the place everyone had wedding receptions.

They ended up closing, the county kept coming up with wild assed ordinances that basically shut down the nights bands were there & they made big money on those nights. I used to shoot most of those nights for Mike & also when my boy was doing the comedy nights on Thurs with bands.

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For the true Washingtonians, you will love this IG page

I'll probably see a bunch of folks I know & chicks that got knocked down..lol It was easy pickins after the go-go let out, especially if you had a nice ride..lol Just thinking how easy it was to offer chicks rides & they'd just hop in the car..lol

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor