RAILROAD TRACKS IN L.A.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Fort Hood is home to the 1st Cav and 2nd AD.. At least it was when I was stationed there

Fort Lewis, Washington got a Calvary unit there also.
The Army has pretty much moved away from Heavy Divisions, though they still exist. Units are deployed as BCTs or Brigade Combat Teams. They have also moved to a more Modular model. This means that, depending on where you're going and why, they will pull together a Battalion of Engineers, a Squadron of Cavalry and Scouts, Aviation assets, etc. from different locations so the Armor has been dispersed around the country. I can't even think of a Stryker unit on the East Coast at all. They're mainly at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA where they've always been but they deployed to the Helmand Province of Afghanistan where they could be put to use. RC East is all mountains so they'd have been useless there.

As an Engineer, my unit replaced one from Guam in Afghanistan and we were replaced by one from the 82nd Airborne...assholes that they are:angry::hmm:...and they were rotated out by 10th Mountain again. The Combat Service Support especially, is cobbled together from all over the place and will not have ever trained together in most cases.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I’m not sure what bases have M1 tanks today. I been out since 1992.

I do know offhand the following US ARMY bases with full active duty units.

-Ft. Knox, KY
-Ft Stewart, GA
-Ft Riley, KS
-Ft Hood, TX
-Ft Bliss, TX
-Ft Carson, CO

There are a large number of ARMY Forts and Camps with Abrams on them where the National Guard keeps their equipment.

Then you have Lima, Ohio where they make them.

And there are a bunch of ARMY depots across the country that do different levels of extensive maintenance on them.

And there is the big ARMY depot at Sierra ARMY Depot in Northern California where they have a shitload of Abrams sitting there collecting dust that are being stored there for future use.

And the Marines have theirs at their bases locate on the East and West coast.

They are scattered all over the country. Like somebody pointed out earlier, it’s not uncommon seeing them being transported by rail or even truck. Folks just notice them more in situations like with this virus.

And the shit going on in the Mideast, the US military already has shit preposition in Iraq and Saudi Arabia along with the countries that I listed earlier. If all out war breaks out in the MidEast, it most likely will be a proxy war with the countries involved using US, British, French, China and Russian equipment.

And the interesting thing about those five countries is they are the primary arms manufacturers in the world and permanent members of the UN Security Council. The shot callers of the world politics.....that is another story for another thread.
I was on a Mechanized Infantry Contact Team while stationed at Ft. Stewart. I hated life like a muhfucka. I had to go to the field with Infantrymen driving tanks, which meant NTC like a muhfucka...come back and get sent to the field with my Maintenance Battalion. :hmm:

:lol::lol::lol:

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Oh yea I had posted a documentary about that. The title of it was "Stealing Of A Nation". That shit was sad and it shows the amount of lying that goes on. I still got that documentary. This here is the same documentary I posted.

Thanks ON, I didn't see this one.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Army has pretty much moved away from Heavy Divisions, though they still exist. Units are deployed as BCTs or Brigade Combat Teams. They have also moved to a more Modular model. This means that, depending on where you're going and why, they will pull together a Battalion of Engineers, a Squadron of Cavalry and Scouts, Aviation assets, etc. from different locations so the Armor has been dispersed around the country. I can't even think of a Stryker unit on the East Coast at all. They're mainly at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA where they've always been but they deployed to the Helmand Province of Afghanistan where they could be put to use. RC East is all mountains so they'd have been useless there.

As an Engineer, my unit replaced one from Guam in Afghanistan and we were replaced by one from the 82nd Airborne...assholes that they are:angry::hmm:...and they were rotated out by 10th Mountain again. The Combat Service Support especially, is cobbled together from all over the place and will not have ever trained together in most cases.

I was in there from 82-87.. I was serving with older Kat's that were Nam vets!! I'm sure it's changed so much since the 80's.. Bruh, I had the time of my life when I served.. I learned so much stuff and I kept most of it in my back pocket, if I ever should need it!!

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
(C Burn) CBRN is Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear fka Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical. They're the Uniformed Soldiers who would act on behalf of Ft. Dietrich, MD and the CDC.
RE: Martial Law

Kaotic

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light...
Platinum Member
I saw a video recently about the Citizens of DG that were forced off of the Island and displace for the Bases there. They're suing the US and UK for Right of Return and reparations. I ran across it during the Windrush deportations from the UK.
It wasn't the FIRST time I'd heard of Diego Garcia, but I didn't know anything about it or where it was even.

Chagossians-protest-outside-UK-Parliament-for-right-to-return-to-Diego-Garcia-Chagos-Archipelago-0912-by-AP.jpg

*Not to "derail" this thread. LOL
Yeah they were sugar cane farmers. Basically they came in and packed them out and then dropped them off on another island. On the south end of the island there was the old plantation you drive out it you rent a MWR vehicle and get a permit to camp out on the beach there.

They had to leave their livestock when they were evacuated. When I was stationed there,you would see wild chickens everywhere! There were still a couple donkeys that where living there. The British, in name of "wild life conservation" made it a $5K fine and time in the little jail they have there, if you harm one of the animals.... (Fuck the people, but you better not kill a chicken :rolleyes2:). H2 Filipino workers were allowed to slaughter the chicken one day ever year as a means of population control.

The island (although secluded) is beautiful... hell with the internet and everything today, I could stay for a couple years with ease. I even looked into a couple of DoD contractor jobs there because of the pay they get. That all said... Those people DO deserve to be paid, because they didnt' get shit but shuffled the fuck out of their home... But the UK not the US is the one that needs to pay them. The US leases that land from the UK for some serious coin! That's why it call Diego Garcia B.I.O.T. British Indian Ocean Territory.