Red Dead Online/BGOL Posse Official Thread

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Red Dead Redemption 2 Online launches in beta on Nov. 27

Red-Dead-online-beta.jpg

f2bbdba933e437124c549a67df625bfe.jpg

Red Dead Redemption 2’s online multiplayer mode, Red Dead Online, will go live on Tuesday, Nov. 27, Rockstar Games announced today.

Rockstar will launch Red Dead Online in beta form on Nov. 27 at 8:30 a.m. ET, and it will initially be accessible only for owners of the Ultimate Edition of Red Dead Redemption 2. The following day, the beta will open up to those who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on its first day of release — Oct. 26. On Thursday, Nov. 29, those who played the game in its first three days of release (Oct. 26-29) will get access. Then, on Friday, Nov. 30, online multiplayer will open up for all Red Dead Redemption 2 players.

Red Dead Online has been described by Rockstar as “an evolution of the classic multiplayer experience in the original Red Dead Redemption, blending narrative with competitive and cooperative gameplay in fun new ways.” Players will be able to explore the online experience solo or with friends, and Rockstar promises “constant updates and adjustments to grow and evolve this experience for all players.”

In an announcement today, Rockstar said the world of Red Dead Online will be transformed “into a new, living online world ready to be shared by multiple players.” Players will create and customize their online characters and “tailor your abilities to suit your play style.” Players will be able to join a posse — up to eight players — and go out hunting and fishing, battle rival gangs, and fight other players in “spontaneous skirmishes and pitched set-piece battles.”

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Red Dead Online multiplayer will support 32 players at launch

Red Dead Online will support up to 32 players in multiplayer and open world modes.

Players will be able to form their own Posse in Red Dead Online with seven others, not only for specific game modes, but to hang out in the wild; fishing, hunting and camping, taking on enemy gangs and their hideouts, play co-op missions and interact with other non-player characters living in the world.

As well as spontaneous brawls with other Posses, Rockstar has mentioned “pitched set-piece battles” in amongst the open-world challenges.

Early access to the Red Dead Online beta begins November 27 for Ultimate Edition owners, followed by a steady roll-out everyday this week. Anyone who owns Red Dead Redemption 2 has access to the Red Dead Online beta.

As detailed on the back of the Red Dead Redemption 2 packaging, Red Dead Online will support 32 players at launch. Rockstar has said that it intends to build on Red Dead Online following the beta period, so player count could potentially rise.

red_dead_redemption_2_screenshot-r_40-1152x648.jpg

If you’re still working your way through Red Dead Redemption 2, we have the biggest guide on the internet right here, including how to get perfect pelts, find bundles of gold bars, and how to upgrade your camp.

Rockstar Games is promising more details of the multiplayer modes in Red Dead Online tomorrow.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/26/red-dead-online-32-players-multiplayer/

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Red Dead Online Character Customization, Posse Details Revealed

Today, Rockstar Games officially revealed Red Dead Online‘s beta start date for players of the incredibly successful open world western, Red Dead Redemption 2. Now, the video game developer has decided to offer a better idea of some of the content that fans should expect out of the beta period, with Rockstar having provided fresh details that relate to character customization and forming a Posse in RDR2‘s multiplayer component.

According to Rockstar, Red Dead Redemption 2 players will be able to have their own unique avatar in Red Dead Online thanks to character customization options that will allow one to tailor their abilities to suit their play style, facilitating the exploration of “a new frontier full of things to experience”. Unfortunately, though, the developer failed to deliver specific examples of precisely how character customization works, but it promised there will be more revealed in regards to this feature soon.

While the online world of Red Dead Redemption 2 can be explored solo, one can also team up with friends to either form or join a Posse with up to seven players and take part in a variety of different activities. For instance, Posses can gather around the fire at Camp, go hunting and fishing together, visit different towns, battle enemy gangs and attack their hideouts, and even hunt for treasure together. Additionally, being a part of a Posse will let one take on certain missions and interact with familiar RDR2 characters, fight against others in “spontaneous skirmishes and pitched set-piece battles”, compete with other players and Posses in open world challenges, and much more.

Rockstar has stated that the initial launch of Red Dead Online is to signify the first step in what it intends to be a continually expanding and dynamic world. With this being the case, RDR2‘s Red Dead Online is first being launched via beta so as to mitigate as many issues as possible before providing full public access to an online experience of this scale and scope. After all, it’s safe to presume Rockstar wishes to avoid the server problems that occurred during Grand Theft Auto Online‘s launch several years ago.

Taking all of this into account, it will be interesting to see what all else Rockstar has up its sleeves in order to make Red Dead Online as robust of an experience as it can. Thankfully, we won’t have to wait too much longer to find out, as the Red Dead Online beta officially goes live tomorrow for owners of Red Dead Redemption 2‘s Ultimate Edition.

https://gamerant.com/red-dead-online-character-customization-posse-details/

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Everything We Know About Red Dead Redemption 2 Online

This Screen Rant guide will cover everything known about the upcoming Red Dead Online mode for Red Dead Redemption 2, from its posse system to activities available for players and their friends to participate in when the mode goes live. For a look at the full list, look below:

• Players will be able to create and customize their own characters for Red Dead Online, similar to GTA Online's mode.
    • The full map of Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available for use in Red Dead Online.
    • Players will be able to play the mode solo or with posses of up to seven other players.
    • Both hunting and fishing will be available in the mode for players and their friends to enjoy together.
    • Some form of the camp system from Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available in the mode, and players will even be able to attack other posses and their hideouts.
    • Some form of the treasure hunting system available from single player will also be available in the mode.
    • There will be free roam missions and events that happen in the world, though it's unclear how they compare to GTA Online (it's important to note that one of the achievements involves thwarting another posse's free roam mission).
    • Based on an achievement of being the MVP for a round, the mode will obviously include some kind of death match or equivalent. Of course, there's also unconfirmed reports of some kind of battle royale mode being included.
    • Players will be able to purchase horses and will get an achievement for owning five of them.
    • There will be a crafting system in Red Dead Online, presumably similar to the one included in the single player portion of Red Dead Redemption 2.
    • Players who own the Ultimate Edition of the game will get preferential listing in the loading queue for Red Dead Online and will be guaranteed to play on the 27th. Players who played on day one will be able to get in on the 28th. The 29th for everyone who played within the first three days. The 30th for everyone else.
    • Additionally, Ultimate Edition players will get a free theme called Survivor for their camps, lending credibility to the idea of not only camps but various types of themes that players can utilize for it.
    • The ranking system will be similar to GTA Online, as Ultimate Edition players will get faster leveling up to rank 25.
    • Much like GTA Online, microtransactions will be included in Red Dead Online.
    • The mode will also include players from the single player mode in its world, much the same way that GTA Onlinedoes.
    • Red Dead Online will support up to 32 players per server.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
94cccd2dee961a2f6090e9450333e15745631433.jpg

Now that everyone has had a chance over the past month to experience the story of Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang in Red Dead Redemption 2, it is almost time to begin the beta period for Red Dead Online. Early access to the Red Dead Online beta begins tomorrow on Tuesday, November 27, working up to full public access on Friday, November 30.

Built from the ground up for the latest hardware, Red Dead Online blends the classic multiplayer of the original Red Dead Redemption with the best of everything we have learned since then about creating deep multiplayer experiences. The result is something completely new and fun, and an experience that will continue to expand and evolve over time.

35d3231813c9c1db4b4846d40b74df0d6f35d7c9.jpg

With the gameplay of Red Dead Redemption 2 as its foundation, Red Dead Online transforms the vast and deeply detailed landscapes, cities, towns and habitats of Red Dead Redemption 2 into a new, living online world ready to be shared by multiple players. Create and customize your character, tailor your abilities to suit your play style and head out into a new frontier full of things to experience.

Explore the world solo or with friends. Form or join a Posse to ride with up to seven players; gather around the fire at your Camp; head out hunting or fishing; visit bustling towns; battle enemy gangs and attack their hideouts; hunt for treasure; take on missions and interact with familiar characters from across the five states; or fight against other outlaws in both spontaneous skirmishes and pitched set-piece battles; compete with other players or whole Posses in open world challenges and much more.

1060fffe34441ba7c4ded5b1c2c61f30292fa86b.jpg

The launch of the Red Dead Online Beta is the first step in what will be a continually expanding and dynamic world, and the beta period will allow us to deal with the inevitable turbulence of launching any online experience of this size and scale.

During this process, we will be looking to our dedicated community to help us report and fix problems, share ideas, and assist in shaping the future of the full Online experience. As with all of our releases, we will strive to make the launch of Red Dead Online the best it can possibly be, and we ask that the community share that spirit with us over the next weeks and months.

To help us ease into the beta and to mitigate major issues, we will begin the early access period starting Tuesday, November 27 at 8:30am EST, and gradually scale the player base up to full access beginning on Friday, November 30. This will help ensure that our servers can handle a steadily growing volume of concurrent players in the early hours and first days of the Beta and hopefully reduce the likelihood of any server crashes during the launch week as we get things up and running. Full rollout details are as follows:

• Tuesday, November 27th: All Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition owners. Please note, players who purchased the physical Ultimate Edition must redeem the Ultimate Edition code in the packaging to be eligible.
    • Wednesday, November 28th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on October 26th according to our data.
    • Thursday, November 29th: All players who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between October 26th to October 29th according to our data.
    • Friday, November 30th: All players who own Red Dead Redemption 2.
The Red Dead Online Beta will be available to anyone who owns Red Dead Redemption 2 on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One starting Friday, November 30. When booting up Red Dead Redemption 2 and arriving to the title menu, you will see an option in the top right of the screen to select Online.

Stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire tomorrow for more details about Red Dead Online modes, gameplay and more.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60711/Red-Dead-Online-Beta

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Red Dead Online - NEW INFORMATION! Vibrant Open World, BETA Access, Server Details & MORE! (RDR2)

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I gotta come back and check out all the details :yes: friday should be crazy lol

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
damn...the details are still vague...when I read all the details for GTA online I knew it was gonna be dope off rip...no doubt this will be too but they’re pretty mum on what’s going to be available for the most part...I hope solo lobbies will be immediately available so I can get some practice in and a feel for online w/o being griefed and yes I recognize the irony of that statement lol

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
damn...the details are still vague...when I read all the details for GTA online I knew it was gonna be dope off rip...no doubt this will be too but they’re pretty mum on what’s going to be available for the most part...I hope solo lobbies will be immediately available so I can get some practice in and a feel for online w/o being griefed and yes I recognize the irony of that statement lol
They're trying to curve the expectations for the possibility of the train wreck similar to GTA 5 Online. Red Dead Online probably won't truly go live until January. Until R* drops a trailer keep your expections low.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
They're trying to curve the expectations for the possibility of the train wreck similar to GTA 5 Online. Red Dead Online probably won't truly go live until January. Until R* drops a trailer keep your expections low.

true...I wanna take advantage of these next few weeks and get a leg up on statting out my character if that ends up being the case...wonder if it’s gonna go live @ midnite

*edit*

never mind...I see it goes live @ 8:30AM

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
holy crap the epilogue was trash...just felt like I was being made to go thru the motions...and to add insult to injury...

I wasn’t even given the satisfaction of killing micah...I felt the game was rigged not to let me kill him when I threw “molotov's” @ him and nothing happened...then all of a sudden dutch has a fucking change of heart after letting micah kill arthur after just simply walking away...yes I understand the point of the epilogue but it's absolutely irrelevant to how lackluster it was...waste of time playing it...they minus whale just had a montage of events after arthur died leading up to the events of RDR1...I’m glad online kicks off later on today...I would’ve been better off just hunting and exploring the map further than laboring thru this epilogue...very disappointing smh

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
holy crap the epilogue was trash...just felt like I was being made to go thru the motions...and to add insult to injury...

I wasn’t even given the satisfaction of killing micah...I felt the game was rigged not to let me kill him when I threw “molotov's” @ him and nothing happened...then all of a sudden dutch has a fucking change of heart after letting micah kill arthur after just simply walking away...yes I understand the point of the epilogue but it's absolutely irrelevant to how lackluster it was...waste of time playing it...they minus whale just had a montage of events after arthur died leading up to the events of RDR1...I’m glad online kicks off later on today...I would’ve been better off just hunting and exploring the map further than laboring thru this epilogue...very disappointing smh
shoveling shit

Reactions: LSN

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
shoveling shit

I started my rant juuust a little too soon...

I paused the game immediately after dutch shot him and typed that shit...just laced him up full of holes tho lol...still annoyed w/ the epilogue tho

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
I started my rant juuust a little too soon...

I paused the game immediately after dutch shot him and typed that shit...just laced him up full of holes tho lol...still annoyed w/ the epilogue tho
That's the end. Now you marry your whore of a wife Abigail

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
That's the end. Now you marry your whore of a wife Abigail

hell naw...I’m riding around killing everything and making sure I erase all the good deeds I did...just shot the fence @ emerald lol

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Bout time. I aint touched this game in about 2 weeks. Just can't get jiggy with these single player games

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Bout time. I aint touched this game in about 2 weeks. Just can't get jiggy with these single player games

ya I’m burnt out on the game...hope it doesn’t affect how I view multiplayer...controls were so frustrating...hope they patch some things w/ this update

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
trying to get on...just get the “coming soon” shit...can’t get on as yet :fuckyousay:

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor

Man just take yo ass to online. You don't like nothing. :lol:

Reactions: LSN