Relationship Question

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
obviously something is going on with her. you say she making 6 figures...usually when we get that good money it requires more of our time. so she probably ain't eating right, eating quick meals, junk and sweets to give her a rush after a long day. i wouldn't too much hound her on the weight but stay discussing her eating habits and yall working out together. and even tho yall got seperate houses i hope yall are together the rest of the day once yall get off and sleep in the same bed each night.you said you in for the long haul and everything else is great. but best believe in marriage everyday ain't gonna be roses. but it's still good to know somebody got your back through life's ups and downs. yall might just be scared of the next step

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sounds likes some layers of shit that comes with a 51 year old woman.

If your superficial, then you might need to reevaluate the relationship you have with her because she is going to change.

I like some of the advice in this thread about working out together. Taking walks, hiking, traveling to places that require walking and eating a certain way.

But at 51, be realistic with your expectations. She’s already seeing life a certain way. Maybe concentrate on the health aspect. She’s likely going through menopause, too. That’s going to slow her metabolism down significantly.

I run often, and I encourage my wife to come with me or walk with me.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
I’m mid 40s eat above average and workout above average and financially stable. My Lady is 51 gorgeous personality beautiful chocolate face and making more money than she’s made in her entire life, base salary is 150k and we live in the Midwest. My sons love her and family does as well. She’s gained 25 lbs and stopped working out as much, I’ve been supportive and sent her pics of herself and told her I’m a big fan of her, I’m in it for the long haul but she knows being obese is a deal breaker for me. We had the conversation of if we were to break up I’m sure she would hit the gym and her lack of discipline is effecting my attraction to her.

I’m paranoid of how she will revert back to this laziness if we were to get married.

What can I do or what advice do y’all have ?
This is the story of MOST marriages.
Black women lead the NATION in obesity, heart disease & hypertension but we aren't allowed to talk about it for some odd reason. Instead, thirsty MF's on social media (and on here) who just wanna hit, call them fine, thick, big boned, gorgeous black queens, BBWs etc etc.... but when you disagree with having a fat woman you're labeled as gay, a hater or some kind of wimp.
To answer your question, it will only get WORSE once married. Take it from me

Imo, most men stay in shape because we STILL like to (or want to) pull joints and like to look decent
Can't count how many time I see a dude in good shape with an overweight lady.
Women have no motivation cause MF's now will fuck a bitch with one eye and no legs.
So they don't give a shit how they look.

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m mid 40s eat above average and workout above average and financially stable. My Lady is 51 gorgeous personality beautiful chocolate face and making more money than she’s made in her entire life, base salary is 150k and we live in the Midwest. My sons love her and family does as well. She’s gained 25 lbs and stopped working out as much, I’ve been supportive and sent her pics of herself and told her I’m a big fan of her, I’m in it for the long haul but she knows being obese is a deal breaker for me. We had the conversation of if we were to break up I’m sure she would hit the gym and her lack of discipline is effecting my attraction to her.

I’m paranoid of how she will revert back to this laziness if we were to get married.

Check with her to see what's going on or changed in her life to make her gain an extra 25 pounds.

If you leave her she'll definitely hit the gym and be in the best shape of her life, that's women. And don't listen to anyone telling you that you don't love her or that you're superficial.

You like what you like and you're not attracted to the bigger version of her, it happens. Yes true love has ups and downs but if you're not attracted to an obese woman then that's your right.

Talking to a woman about her weight is a delicate and touchy subject so preceded with caution.

How long have you two been together?

She knows that she's gained weight because she sees herself and her clothes fit differently. It's up to her to lose weight and you're there to be supportive...

And hopefully give her that friendly nudge.

In the end, all I can say is good luck.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
You need to be a lil toxic.

She acting like that because she knows you ain't going nowhere.

You said it yourself her family likes her your kids do too. So she comfortable where she at with you.

You need to show her your still a hunter and will go after other women. Not saying you need to take it all the way but she needs to get the picture.

youngfocus

Youngfocus ya heard!
Platinum Member

What can I do or what advice do y’all have?
Don't get married. Simple.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Ask her what she's going through.
Could be menopause, hormones, mental issues etc..
The motivation isn't there, book a tropical getaway months away so she has a goal to work towards.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Okay, look at it like this. If she is forfilling all the other stuff you want, then what's the problem with a little weight. Dude, you are going to start picking up weight in your 50s. So, you will be right there with her when you age a bit more. So, if your love the woman and she will get you back economically and emotionally, what's the problem.