MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

Richard Simmons, legendary fitness guru, dead at 76​

By
Social Links forPatrick Reilly
Published July 13, 2024, 4:34 p.m. ET
41 Comments

Legendary fitness instructor Richard Simmons has died, according to a report.
Simmons, who turned 76 Friday, died just 24 hours after he thanked fans on social media for their birthday wishes.

The health guru, who stepped away from the public eye a decade ago, rose to fame in the 1970s and ’80s after opening several gyms across the country and releasing his iconic high energy fitness tapes. His death was first reported by TMZ.

This is a developing story. Please check back for more updates.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP to him,I remember seeing him on everything sweating to the oldies and even had one of his tapes.

I realize that those info commercials really helped make him in the 80's cause in the 2000's it would of taken a lot more.But they played them commercials so much and he was on every show you could think of,even if it was for the closing.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thread-Critic on suicide watch.
Y’all call him every 15 minutes.
:smh: Thread gon get the news like…

Cooooooons.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I had a bad feeling this was gonna happen when they kept trying to do his biopic with Paulie Shore.

RIP

I listened to this podcast when it aired ...

Missing Richard Simmons was an investigative journalism podcast hosted by journalist Dan Taberski and created by Stitcher, First Look Media and Pineapple Street Media. The first episode was released on February 15, 2017, with the following five episodes released weekly.

Missing Richard Simmons focuses on the sudden retirement from public life of the fitness instructor and actor Richard Simmons. After having an illustrious media career spanning over 30 years, and known for interacting with fans on a personal level, Simmons disappeared from the public eye in February 2014. Not only did Simmons no longer appear in the media, he also stopped teaching his regular exercise classes at his gym – Slimmons – and stopped corresponding with his friends and fans. Former producer on The Daily Show,[1] Dan Taberski sets out to find out why.