Richard Simmons, legendary fitness guru, dead at 76

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP to him,I remember seeing him on everything sweating to the oldies and even had one of his tapes.

I realize that those info commercials really helped make him in the 80's cause in the 2000's it would of taken a lot more.But they played them commercials so much and he was on every show you could think of,even if it was for the closing.

He was well-known before the tapes. His exercise studio Slimmons was unique in that he actively marketed towards people who weren't in shape. Before that people thought gyms were just for athletes. That uniqueness got him on a few news shows, and that led to "The Richard Simmons Show" which was one of the events that kicked off the aerobics craze of the early 80s. Sweatin to the oldies and deal-a-meal came well after that.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
He was well-known before the tapes. His exercise studio Slimmons was unique in that he actively marketed towards people who weren't in shape. Before that people thought gyms were just for athletes. That uniqueness got him on a few news shows, and that led to "The Richard Simmons Show" which was one of the events that kicked off the aerobics craze of the early 80s. Sweatin to the oldies and deal-a-meal came well after that.
I remember when he would pop up on General Hospital(as himself) from time to time

mad_bomber

BGOL Billionaire
BGOL Investor
Solid dude. Some of my earliest memories is of my grandmother(RIP) doing his videos.

Quirky motherfucker, but he seemed to have a good heart. I'll never forget Howard Stern roasting him so bad he cried and quit the interview:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hahaha. My granny loved Richard Simmons too. I think all 80s grannies loved him. RIP

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

87304209-13632185-image-a-3_1720921313790.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

87307691-13632505-image-a-272_1720936656288.jpg

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Solid dude. Some of my earliest memories is of my grandmother(RIP) doing his videos.

Quirky motherfucker, but he seemed to have a good heart. I'll never forget Howard Stern roasting him so bad he cried and quit the interview:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Yeah, Richard Simmons on the Stern show was comedy gold.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Fitness professional dead at 76. Trump, who lives on McDonald’s, KFC and Diet Coke still alive at 78. Life ain’t fair :smh:

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Fitness professional dead at 76. Trump, who lives on McDonald’s, KFC and Diet Coke still alive at 78. Life ain’t fair :smh:
Same can be said about warren buffett.

Some people got them genetics that they can eat whatever they want being able to live a long time.