RIP Angela Bofill

Rezn8

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is really sad news, but like others have stated, she's been struggling for years due to strokes. Angela Bofill was truly an all-timer. Although she's mostly known for "I Try," that's only a small part of the story. She produced many, many gems. It's just that a lot of her best pieces never got radio airplay. While she could handle any kind of song, she was never better than when she did relaxing, soulful, and jazzy ballads. She will never be forgotten.

Out of all of her great pieces, I'll always remember her for this amazingly beautiful masterpiece. It's six minutes of musical heaven. I never understood why this never gained more popularity.

Last edited:

Paul1970

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
20240615-180041.jpg

20240615-180118.jpg

This beautiful singer never got the praise/respect that she should've got.

Rest Well.

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My joint was "This time I'll be sweeter". Mannn.......almost made me stop messing around on my wife....almost. Seriously, tho..she was a special kind of talent, like Phyllis. Was fine as hell too. Believe she had a couple of strokes and the health went into decline. R.I.P. to a one if a kind artist

There was a woman I was with who wanted to break up with me. I sent her an email with this song attached to it. She said she opened this email at work, and when she heard it, she cried her eyes out, and said she wanted to be with me again. We lasted for a couple of years.

OmariAmaru

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There was a woman I was with who wanted to break up with me. I sent her an email with this song attached to it. She said she opened this email at work, and when she heard it, she cried her eyes out, and said she wanted to be with me again. We lasted for a couple of years.
I hear you, bro. They've always said words have power. That song has been covered by several artists, but her version, along with the accompaniment, just hits hard. Was my go to when I fucked up, along with Maze "Can't get over you". Shoo! All was forgiven after that.

OmariAmaru

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear you, bro. They've always said words have power. That song has been covered by several artists, but her version, along with the accompaniment, just hits hard. Was my go to when I fucked up, along with Maze "Can't get over you". Shoo! All was forgiven.

OmariAmaru

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear you, bro. They've always said words have power. That song has been covered by several artists, but her version, along with the accompaniment, just hits hard. Was my go to when I fucked up, along with Maze "Can't get over you". Shoo! All was forgiven