RIP to the G.O.A.T. Muhammad Ali

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
"Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and de
nied simple human rights? No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality. If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years."
Muhammad Ali

Tags: equality, freedom, jail,slavery, vietnam-war

Read this in my Ali voice.....lol.....RIP

Electric Relaxation

Rising Star
Registered
The GOAT. My favorite Ali pic, by Gordon Parks:
muhammedali-web.jpg

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
candle-o.gif

Man this one really hurts.
We really didn't hear much from Ali once he was diagnosed with Parkinson's that too is a loss.

R.I.P. Muhammad Ali

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Man duck 2016...our childhoods are dying ya'll. Everything we grew up on is going away. Dumb kids at work asking who Ali was?

sumofyallniggasisbitches2

BootyEnthusiast; Ass-preneur
BGOL Investor
FUUUUUCKK!!!!!! Its too early in the morning for me to be crying like this..... Ali was one of my pops heroes and consequently one of mine. This is too much RIP to the greatest ever.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
RIP to the greatest to ever step in to the ring! Floats like a butterfly, sting like a bee! The black superman! Peaceful journey!

I am the greatest! Of all time! Damn y'all :(

Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are...and to the dust we shall return

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another hero gone
RIP to a legend,inspiration, one of the most vibrant and colorful figures to ever enter a boxing ring and the Greatest!!!!

KingAddies

Rising Star
Registered
Seen the bad news coming and it still hit like a brick... just like one of his punches. Looked up to brother Ali like no other. I remember cats trying to tell me he lost fights and that he retired undefeated and I told them that we were going to analyze that Trevor Berbick fight round for round minute by minute punch by punch and count the points that should have been deducted from Berbick... fight was over in the third disqualification by my count.

May Brother Ali pass from this life gracefully into Eternal Peace as promised by the creator.

Fred Sanford

Life Member: Gender is make believe. Sex is real."
BGOL Investor
51AHoJpmKVL._SX300_.jpg

Ali was the definition of Black manhood and dignity. I loved this man like I loved my father...and will mourn and shed tears for him the same way. He was the modern day King David...our champion who faced the Goliath called White Supremacy, warrior-king who even lost his crown for us, passionate and poetic lover of his God, Black women, and all Black people....not perfect....but a man after God's own heart.

Psalm 27
Of David.
1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked advance against me
to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
who will stumble and fall.

3 Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.

4 One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.

5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.

6 Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the Lord.

7 Hear my voice when I call, Lord;
be merciful to me and answer me.

8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”
Your face, Lord, I will seek.

9 Do not hide your face from me,
do not turn your servant away in anger;
you have been my helper.
Do not reject me or forsake me,
God my Savior.

10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will receive me.

11 Teach me your way, Lord;
lead me in a straight path
because of my oppressors.

12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
for false witnesses rise up against me,
spouting malicious accusations.

13 I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.

14 Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

R.I.P. our Black Champion and King....R.I.P...
tumblr_mku6266ycG1s5ty3yo1_500.gif

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Rest In Peace and Love as part of the Universe forever, Brother Mohammed Ali.
Thank you for showing the world how to be the greatest human being.

Rest_In_Peace.gif

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor

Putting all the God stuff aside....he talked about some deep stuff right here. Using your time wisely...compassion etc.

When you think of Black Superstar athletes throughout history, we've actually had a handful that had the guts to use their clout to speak out on certain political issues. Whether it be about race, Wars, whatever. A lot are were and are to scared to jeopardize losing a pay check. Few Black Athletes were built like Ali. True Soldier!!

Much Respect to the Man...the Myth....the Legend, Ali

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man duck 2016...our childhoods are dying ya'll. Everything we grew up on is going away. Dumb kids at work asking who Ali was?

Fam...

Our elders and pioneers are leaving...

And all of sudden I started thinking who in the hell do we have to take up their mantle.

Ali was the greatest in ever sense of the word.

Our parents revered him wgite people hated but respected him.

He was far from perfect...

But he was Black

In ever best sense of the word.

Look how we treat OUR young greats now?

What would tmz, espn and social media have done to Ali legacy?

We can no longer allow THEM to control dictate and craft OUR heroes.

We should think about especially now when these talking heads criticize Lebron, Curry, Iverson, Jim Brown, Beastmode, etc.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I just had to tell my kids why I'm so sad this morning..

They asked who is Ali?

I f*cked up....

Gonna have to give them a master class this weekend.