Schoolgirl carjackers aged 13 and 15 are pulled from overturned vehicle in DC and arrested for murder after they used stun gun to rob UberEats driver

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Two schoolgirl carjackers, aged 13 and 15, are pulled from overturned vehicle in DC and arrested for murder after they 'used stun gun to rob UberEats driver and caused crash that killed him'
  • Mohammad Anwar, 66, was driving for UberEats in Washington DC when he was carjacked by two teenage girls armed with a Taser
  • Anwar's Honda Accord crashed and flipped on its side, and the victim was ejected onto the sidewalk and died
  • National Guard troops detained suspects, aged 13 and 15, until police arrived
  • Anwar, an immigrant from Pakistan, leaves behind his wife, three grown children and four grandchildren

Two girls, aged 13 and 15, have been arrested on charges of felony murder in Washington DC after police say they attempted to carjack an UberEats driver, resulting in a rollover crash that killed the man.

The incident took place in the 1200 block of Van Street SE near the Nationals Park just after 4.30pm on Tuesday and was partially caught on video.

Footage captured by a neighbor and shared with NBC4 shows a dark-colored Honda Accord resting on its side against the curb, and two National Guard troops pulling a pair of teenage girls out of the overturned vehicle.

A few steps away, a man in a light-colored shirt is seen lying motionless on the sidewalk.

The victim was identified as Mohammad Anwar, 66, a father of three and a grandfather, from Springfield, Virginia. He was rushed to a hospital but could not be saved.

The Metropolitan Police Department described the suspects in the felony murder and armed carjacking as a 13-year-old girl from Southeast DC, and a 15-year-old girl from Fort Washington, Maryland. They have not been named because they are juveniles.

According to officials, Anwar was making deliveries for UberEats on Tuesday when the two teens approached his car and Tasered him in an attempt to steal the vehicle.

An eyewitness said Anwar put up a fight and the car ended up crashing and flipping on its side.

Anwar was ejected onto the sidewalk and sustained fatal injuries, including head trauma and broken bones.

Two National Guardsmen who were in the area removed the juvenile suspects from the overturned car and detained them until police responded to the scene and arrested them.

Family members said Anwar immigrated to the US from Pakistan in 2014 and worked in food delivery to provide for his wife, three adult children and four grandchildren.

'The family is devastated by this senseless crime,' relatives said in a statement. 'Mohammad Anwar was a father, a grandfather, a husband, a brother, and uncle beloved by many here in the United States and in Pakistan, his birth country.'

The two suspects made their initial court appearance on Wednesday, reported WUSA9.

Prosecutors claimed that the teenage girls got into Anwar's Honda and set the gear into drive while the victim was wedged between the driver's seat and the door.

The car then sped down Van Street SE as Anwar was hanging from it. According to prosecutors, when the Honda struck something, the door swung back and hit Anwar.

When the car made a sharp right turn onto North Street SE, Anwar became airborne and landed on the ground before his Honda crashed into two parked cars.

A judge concluded that the two teen girls pose a threat to the community and are a potential flight risk, and ordered them detained pending their next court appearance scheduled for March 31.

Meanwhile, the victim's niece has launched a GoFundMe campaign to help pay for a traditional Islamic funeral for him. As of Thursday morning, more than $85,000 has been raised.

'Words can not describe how our family is feeling currently,' Lehra Bogino wrote in the campaign's description. 'Devastation, confusion, shock, anger, heartache, and anguish are just a few that come to mind. We will carry him with us always, but it doesn’t take the pain away of losing him so tragically and so unexpectedly soon.'

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
how did they get a stun gun, I thought that was only for law enforcement..??

damn he was sixty six but by the look of him he had a lof of life left....

damn lil sis's were out there wilin hard...

in this day and age...

I wouldnt be surprised if it was a stupid youtube prank

gone wrong..

not saying it was

just sayin.. I wouldnt be surprised

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
how did they get a stun gun, I thought that was only for law enforcement..??

damn he was sixty six but by the look of him he had a lof of life left....

damn lil sis's were out there wilin hard...

in this day and age...

I wouldnt be surprised if it was a stupid youtube prank

gone wrong..

not saying it was

just sayin.. I wouldnt be surprised
you can order stun guns and tasers on Amazon for little to nothin.
and even buy them in some stores.

3 lives gone.

well actually.....in DC,....teens under the age of 16 still can't be charged as an adult,...unlike 13 other states which have no minimum age.
its a possibility they could still get off easy.

Last edited:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
What you know about SE??
Shiiiit. I used to mess with a chick who lived in Barry Farm before they tore it down. She looked like Lisa from coming to America. Lol!!!

She gave me my first gogo CD and introduced me to Mambo Sauce, Snapple, and fries with salt, pepper, ketchup on the top and bottom.

I used to work nights at the McDs right across the street from the Ibex, before they shut it down. I was actually working when that cop got murked. That was a nightmare every weekend.

Once a dude tried to rob us with a client Eastwood revolver, the off duty cop came from the back pistol whipped dude for 5 minutes. Insane!!!!

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Right. It's highly unlikely. SE is the slowest area to undergo gentrification.
oddly enough, Ft washington has some really nice homes down there. especially on E/W Tantallion and nearby areas. but it also borders SE if you go far enough down Indian Head Hwy.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
RIP to that man who was just out here trying to earn a living.

That’s not the infamous part of SE for those not hip. That’s the Navy yard/ball park area. Gotta go across the South Capitol Street bridge east of the Anacostia for the real.

yep. I grew up in NE, near E. Capitol and sourhern avenue (Md.). that part of SE was a stone's throw away.

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
oddly enough, Ft washington has some really nice homes down there. especially on E/W Tantallion and nearby areas. but it also borders SE if you go far enough down Indian Head Hwy.

Problem with Ft. Washington is one side going down Ft. Washington Rd towards the park is what we always called the poor side..lol A lot of the folks that owned those homes moved usually to bigger/better homes & you ended up having a bunch of section 8 folks renting. I grew up in PG county & my folks have lived in Ft. Washington since '91 (Tantallion N).. Those bum assed clowns from the other side would walk thru the neighborhood at night looking to rob folks or break in cars. The shopping center off Ft. Washington Rd & Swan creek got so bad a few yrs ago that they had to get a bunch of security pulls additional cops rolling thru.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Problem with Ft. Washington is one side going down Ft. Washington Rd towards the park is what we always called the poor side..lol A lot of the folks that owned those homes moved usually to bigger/better homes & you ended up having a bunch of section 8 folks renting. I grew up in PG county & my folks have lived in Ft. Washington since '91 (Tantallion N).. Those bum assed clowns from the other side would walk thru the neighborhood at night looking to rob folks or break in cars. The shopping center off Ft. Washington Rd & Swan creek got so bad a few yrs ago that they had to get a bunch of security pulls additional cops rolling thru.
oh shit...guess i've been away too long. I remember that shopping center. worked at the neighborhood dominos for 4 years as a driver. I think that was E tantallion that was the poorer side (relatively speaking). W tantallion has some nice fuckin' houses back in the day. and if you took Ft wash rd all the way to the water, you even had people living on boats.

Kemo07

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shiiiit. I used to mess with a chick who lived in Barry Farm before they tore it down. She looked like Lisa from coming to America. Lol!!!

She gave me my first gogo CD and introduced me to Mambo Sauce, Snapple, and fries with salt, pepper, ketchup on the top and bottom.

I used to work nights at the McDs right across the street from the Ibex, before they shut it down. I was actually working when that cop got murked. That was a nightmare every weekend.

Once a dude tried to rob us with a client Eastwood revolver, the off duty cop came from the back pistol whipped dude for 5 minutes. Insane!!!!
Yea DC in the 90s was insane. Oh you messed with a real SE chick if she lived around the farms lol. That’s a place you could never go lacking or it was a wrap! Never made it to the Ibex I was too young when they were open.
oh shit...guess i've been away too long. I remember that shopping center. worked at the neighborhood dominos for 4 years as a driver. I think that was E tantallion that was the poorer side (relatively speaking). W tantallion has some nice fuckin' houses back in the day. and if you took Ft wash rd all the way to the water, you even had people living on boats.
Them houses on the water in Ft. Washington are insane! Didn’t know anything about them until I started messing with a chick that lived in Ft. Washington. She ain’t live in one of those but her parents had a nice house

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yea DC in the 90s was insane. Oh you messed with a real SE chick if she lived around the farms lol. That’s a place you could never go lacking or it was a wrap! Never made it to the Ibex I was too young when they were open.

Them houses on the water in Ft. Washington are insane! Didn’t know anything about them until I started messing with a chick that lived in Ft. Washington. She ain’t live in one of those but her parents had a nice house

yeah the farms, Anacostia , the benning rd area (aka simple city) are/were places to stay the hell out of after dark lol

militantmidget

Rising Star
Registered
SE DC strikes again. They getting younger and younger..........not to mention that these are girls.
:hithead:

SE DC seems like the last bastion of black DC. Everywhere else getting gentrified fast as hell. It's million dollar homes being sold in some areas that used to be crackhouses.

Them girl bout to get some serious time. The crime in DC done got crazy with this pandemic.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:smh:

I hate shit like this and willing to bet the parents of these girls are barely in their 30s. :smh:

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah the farms, Anacostia , the benning rd area (aka simple city) are/were places to stay the hell out of after dark lol
yeah i stay away from Anacostia.....lol.
some niggaz wanted me to stick around and play one more game of pick-up ball.....i looked at my watch....saw the sun starting to set like Will Smith on I Am Legend.....
im like naw folk.....gotta head out. "oh c'mon man....one more quick game".
like hell nigga. i already knew the move. plus they knew i was from out of town too.......shid. bye.