Julien Alfred WINS GOLD IN THE WOMEN'S 100M Gabby Thomas Sha'Carri Richardson , Shericka Jackson, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Keep in mind he’s saying medal, and not necessarily that shed win the gold. No one was beating Alfred today.
I get that but it's still an ignorant assumption (not directed towards you). As great as SFP's starts are, there's no guarantee of how she'll run the entire race. There were contestants who ran faster times in the qualifying rounds than the finals and vice versa.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
I get that but it's still an ignorant assumption (not directed towards you). As great as SFP's starts are, there's no guarantee of how she'll run the entire race. There were contestants who ran faster times in the qualifying rounds than the finals and vice versa.
I don’t think it’s ignorant. Just an opinion… an assumptive one for sure, but not TOALLY off base.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I don’t think it’s ignorant. Just an opinion… an assumptive one for sure, but not TOALLY off base.
I only say ignorant as to not understanding how track races go but I definitely get what you're saying. I definitely think the race would've been tighter. SFP's presence alone might have been enough to cause the rest of the field to not run as well or feel the pressure

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I only say ignorant as to not understanding how track races go but I definitely get what you're saying. I definitely think the race would've been tighter. SFP's presence alone might have been enough to cause the rest of the field to not run as well or feel the pressure

I feel you but I think that they’re just basing it off of times.

But like you said, no one knows what would’ve actually happened had she raced.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I feel you but I think that they’re just basing it off of times.

But like you said, no one knows what would’ve actually happened had she raced.
And that's the thing. Basing off of times in previous races during the qualifying rounds or even previous meets is an ignorant assumption to make as anything can happen. Look at Tia Clayton for example. She ran 10.89 in the semis but then ran 11.04 in the finals. Anything is possible once the gun goes off and they start out the gate

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And that's the thing. Basing off of times in previous races during the qualifying rounds or even previous meets is an ignorant assumption to make as anything can happen. Look at Tia Clayton for example. She ran 10.89 in the semis but then ran 11.04 in the finals. Anything is possible once the gun goes off and they start out the gate

Trust me I feel you.