TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
a788a2fd39ff660e33574d18f066f9e3.png

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
02bce33d8a4c6a3ff4f026ca5da8c133.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/11/...eouf-abuse.html#click=https://t.co/8YdmLME2gp
  • Dec. 11, 2020Updated 6:12 p.m. ET
Just after Valentine’s Day in 2019, the musician FKA twigs was in a car speeding toward Los Angeles. At the wheel was her boyfriend, the actor Shia LaBeouf. He was driving recklessly, she said in a lawsuit filed on Friday, removing his seatbelt and threatening to crash unless she professed her love for him.

They were returning from the desert, where Mr. LaBeouf, the star of “Transformers,” had raged at her throughout the trip, FKA twigs said in the lawsuit, once waking her up in the middle of the night, choking her. After she begged to be let out of the car, she said he pulled over at a gas station and she took her bags from the trunk. But Mr. LaBeouf followed, and assaulted her, throwing her against the car while screaming in her face, according to the suit. He then forced her back in the car.

The gas station incident is at the heart of the lawsuit that says Mr. LaBeouf, 34, abused FKA twigs physically, emotionally and mentally many times in a relationship that lasted just short of a year. Her aim in coming forward, she said in an interview, was to explain how even a critically acclaimed artist with money, a home and a strong network of supporters could be caught in such a cycle.
“I’d like to be able to raise awareness on the tactics that abusers use to control you and take away your agency,” FKA twigs, 32, born Tahliah Debrett Barnett, said.

Mr. LaBeouf responded Thursday to the concerns raised by Ms. Barnett, and a second former girlfriend who has accused him of abusive behavior, in an email that broadly addressed his conduct.
“I’m not in any position to tell anyone how my behavior made them feel,” he said in an email to The New York Times. “I have no excuses for my alcoholism or aggression, only rationalizations. I have been abusive to myself and everyone around me for years. I have a history of hurting the people closest to me. I’m ashamed of that history and am sorry to those I hurt. There is nothing else I can really say.”

The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, says that Mr. LaBeouf knowingly gave Ms. Barnett a sexually transmitted disease. It accuses him of “relentless abuse,” including sexual battery, assault and infliction of emotional distress.

Mr. LaBeouf and his representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the lawsuit.

“I have no excuses for my alcoholism or aggression, only rationalizations,” Mr. LaBeouf wrote in an email to The New York Times. Responding to specific accusations in another email, he wrote that “many of these allegations are not true.”

Karolyn Pho, a stylist who is another of Mr. LaBeouf’s former girlfriends, described similarly tumultuous experiences to The Times, some of which are also outlined in the lawsuit. Once, the suit says, he drunkenly pinned her to a bed and head-butted her, enough that she bled. Afterward, she began to grapple with the idea that he was abusing her. “So much goes into breaking down a man or woman to make them OK with a certain kind of treatment,” she said in an interview.

Presented with a detailed account of the claims that the women made against him, in interviews and subsequently in the lawsuit, Mr. LaBeouf, responding in a separate email, wrote that “many of these allegations are not true.” But, he continued, he owed the women “the opportunity to air their statements publicly and accept accountability for those things I have done.”

He added that he was “a sober member of a 12-step program” and in therapy. “I am not cured of my PTSD and alcoholism," he wrote, “but I am committed to doing what I need to do to recover, and I will forever be sorry to the people that I may have harmed along the way.”

Mr. LaBeouf has a long history of turbulent behavior. He has been arrested several times on charges that have been dismissed, including assault and disorderly conduct, according to newspaper reports and public records. In 2015, strangers recorded video of him arguing with his girlfriend at the time, the actress Mia Goth, telling her, “This is the kind of thing that makes a person abusive.” After the men recording Mr. LaBeouf gave him a ride, he told them: “If I’d have stayed there, I would’ve killed her,” according to the video.

Ms. Barnett said Mr. LaBeouf would squeeze or grab her to the point of bruising. But she did not go to the police, she said, first out of a misguided concern about harming his career, and later because she thought her account would not be taken seriously, and it would be futile.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't know either. Posting pic of the other girl mentioned in article.

So, Shia has a history of dating minority wanna be actresses and abusing them?

"Karolyn Pho, a stylist who is another of Mr. LaBeouf’s former girlfriends, described similarly tumultuous experiences to The Times, some of which are also outlined in the lawsuit. Once, the suit says, he drunkenly pinned her to a bed and head-butted her, enough that she bled. Afterward, she began to grapple with the idea that he was abusing her. “So much goes into breaking down a man or woman to make them OK with a certain kind of treatment,” she said in an interview."

Shia+LaBeouf+Shia+LaBeouf+Karolyn+Pho+Shopping+QkM6cwYwJBwl.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Don't know either. Posting pic of the other.

So, Shia has a history of dating wanna be actresses and abusing them?

"Karolyn Pho, a stylist who is another of Mr. LaBeouf’s former girlfriends, described similarly tumultuous experiences to The Times, some of which are also outlined in the lawsuit. Once, the suit says, he drunkenly pinned her to a bed and head-butted her, enough that she bled. Afterward, she began to grapple with the idea that he was abusing her. “So much goes into breaking down a man or woman to make them OK with a certain kind of treatment,” she said in an interview."

Raw

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
His career is about to get that work. He was set to be joining Marvel, but Disney ain’t going to bite the bulet on him. Shame, he was rumored to be up for the role of Wolverine. He would have been ill in that role too.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
His career is about to get that work. He was set to be joining Marvel, but Disney ain’t going to bite the bulet on him. Shame, he was rumored to be up for the role of Wolverine. He would have been ill in that role too.
Guess he also not going to be in the next Indiana Jones movie either..

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Since he not gonna be Wolverine and xmen getting a reboot they should go with the dude who played professor x and the beast in split... I would’ve said ole boy who played Rorschach but he might be to old now

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't know either. Posting pic of the other girl mentioned in article.

So, Shia has a history of dating minority wanna be actresses and abusing them?

"began to grapple with the idea" - "GRAPPLE" with the idea - :hmm: :hmm: REALLY?

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member

doubt it

the guy has been like this inpublic for years

dudebeat up an ex in public

had apublic racist rant

still getting work

none pf the girls he beat up are white, im sure that plays a part

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let's keep it real. She did this to destroy his career.