Solar Power - Has anyone gone to using solar panels? My bill was -$17.26 this month

skypeking

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Few mofos in my subdivision have panels, they shit was out too.

Them solor folks come to my house about once a month. Tell them everytime I'm not interested. My house is 2500 square feet. I have double pane windows and a high efficiency hvac system. My recent bill was 153.00, next month will probably be a little higher then the bills really dip.
Im in the same situation. Really want solar but the month payment is $50+ over my highest monthly bill. Cant pull the trigger

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My panels went up Novemberr 2023. I didn't start seeing a reduced Con ed bill until 5 months later, April 2024. A lot of It has to do with your average power consumption and also what season your panels go up. Also NY has shit weather a lot cloudy hazy days.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im in Houston a few mofos in my subdivision have panels, they shit was out too.

Them solor folks come to my house about once a month. Tell them everytime I'm not interested. My house is 2500 square feet. I have double pane windows and a high efficiency hvac system. My recent bill was 153.00, next month will probably be a little higher then the bills really dip low after peak summer

Same here....

I didn't like the fact you can't take them shits off if you ever decide to move and want to sell.....

Mlovin

Star
BGOL Investor
I pay $93 a month for the panels and my bills are usually 10-30$ a month in the summer sometimes

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Same here....

I didn't like the fact you can't take them shits off if you ever decide to move and want to sell.....
Im assuming this is only for those leasing equipment/panels? Otherwise that makes zero sense. And all the restrictions with leasing would also negate long term benefits and savings from having solar in the first place.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Same here....

Panels add value to the home, why would you want to just "remove" them?

Now if we're talking about trying to add them to the new house, there's a lot of factors that make that complicated and the additional costs are probably not worth it for the panel company to offer that service..... (I can imagine the electrical wiring alone would be $$$$).

The goal is to get more panels out there not maintaining the same customer base.....

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Panels add value to the home, why would you want to just "remove" them?

Now if we're talking about trying to add them to the new house, there's a lot of factors that make that complicated and the additional costs are probably not worth it for the panel company to offer that service..... (I can imagine the electrical wiring alone would be $$$$).

The goal is to get more panels out there not maintaining the same customer base.....

Not everyone wants them....I never one to be pigeon toed into something that EVERYONE may not want.....

Just bought a new home as well, but hell in 10 years, I may want to move ( doubt it but who knows)

I haven't researched it, but if I find a research paper or journal article that says otherwise, I may reconsider, but until then, I am good

BTW - I am pro environmental everything....Everything I buy is energy efficient.....

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im assuming this is only for those leasing equipment/panels? Otherwise that makes zero sense. And all the restrictions with leasing would also negate long term benefits and savings from having solar in the first place.

I am coming from the staindpoint that not everyone want's solar panels.....I may want to sell my home in the near future and I wouldn't want that to deter someone....

Honestly, I haven't done enough research and I know the benefits (hence my entire home now has all energy efficient appliances, lights, energy efficient paint (yes I asked about this) , looking at installing a full go water filtration system for my entire house, and etc...) so it maybe something I look further into in the future......

Last edited:

Leatherf7ce

Phantom of the Chakras
BGOL Investor
Not everyone wants them....I never one to be pigeon toed into something that EVERYONE may not want.....

Just bought a new home as well, but hell in 10 years, I may want to move ( doubt it but who knows)

I haven't researched it, but if I find a research paper or journal article that says otherwise, I may reconsider, but until then, I am good

BTW - I am pro environmental everything....Everything I buy is energy efficient.....
I say that’s wise. Also the tech or wattage of each panel is increasing incredibly fast. Many ppl got some 315s on last year but I’m working off silfab 430s now. I tell ppl have cash in hand and don’t get talked in to nothing crazy. They gonna try to talk one out of a cash deal and hook ya up with a finance company but just pay what ya can. When finance company get involved that’s where the jux normally comes in

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I say that’s wise. Also the tech or wattage of each panel is increasing incredibly fast. Many ppl got some 315s on last year but I’m working off silfab 430s now. I tell ppl have cash in hand and don’t get talked in to nothing crazy. They gonna try to talk one out of a cash deal and hook ya up with a finance company but just pay what ya can. When finance company get involved that’s where the jux normally comes in

Yeah I noticed that....I had a guy come out from a company owned by BlackRock and he was giving me some quotes and I started doing the math and it just wasn't adding up....

I'll have to take a deeper dive into this more though

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I like the set up MKBHD has but he went direct through Tesla ( Fuck Elon) there are a ton of companies offering it now in Ohio, but I'm not sure if they offer a complete solution with battery back up and an easy app interface since the tech is still "so new."......

But I'd be down to get it if the numbers made sense