Sports Health: NFL teams will forfeit games, player pay if they can’t play due to COVID-19 (vaccination) UPDATE: Protocols dropped!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

@easy_b

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

blaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shannon sounds like a fuckin' idiot.

Shannon speaking that gospel, fam! Football is the ultimate team sport. Grab an oar or get off the boat. Plain and simple. Stop playing with people's money because you don't want to get a shot! Fuck outta here!

ScorpDiesel

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shannon speaking that gospel, fam! Football is the ultimate team sport. Grab an oar or get off the boat. Plain and simple. Stop playing with people's money because you don't want to get a shot! Fuck outta here!
I'm not talking about the content of his words; I'm talking about HOW he speaks. He sounds like a fuckin' idiot.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Indianapolis Colts GM Chris Ballard: 'Consequences' for players unvaccinated against COVID-19

Sep 1, 2021
INDIANAPOLIS -- Colts general manager Chris Ballard reiterated Wednesday that he is a firm believer that everybody should get vaccinated for COVID-19.

Ballard, in his annual media session before the start of the regular season, spent a significant amount of time answering questions about a number of his players not being vaccinated after quarterback Carson Wentz, center Ryan Kelly and receiver Zach Pascal were placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Monday after coming in close contact with a Colts staff member who tested positive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Wentz, Kelly and Pascal can return to facility on the sixth day after the close contact if they have negative tests and remain asymptomatic. The fact that the three players were placed on the list as close contacts is an indication they are not vaccinated for the coronavirus as, per NFL protocols, vaccinated players would be placed on the list only for a positive test result.
"There's consequences to not being vaccinated," Ballard said. "Do I think everybody should be vaccinated? Absolutely. I'm for the vaccine. [Coach] Frank [Reich] is for the vaccine. We have a lot of guys on our team who are for the vaccine. Is it 100% perfect? No. But it's a good thing.
"It can help you from ending up in the hospital in a critical situation. And it helps stop some of the spread, and those are positive things. But for the guys who have chosen to not get vaccinated, they still understand they're still part of this team, it's their decision, but they're still part of our team and they have to take care of the team."

The Colts have had one of the lowest percentages of vaccinated players in the NFL. Ballard declined to say what that percentage is currently after trimming the roster down to 53 players Tuesday. Many players, including Wentz, have declined to say if they're vaccinated or why they chose not to be vaccinated.

"Look, I can beat my head against the wall," Ballard said. "I can go in there and raise all kinds of hell and go off. That's not how we roll. I believe in our guys. I believe in what they stand for and I'll stand by them. We'll continue to work on the vaccinations. It's not like we're done educating. ... But they understand they have to take care of the protocols at hand and they have to live by them. And we'll do that at the best of the ability we can do it."

The Colts have been hit hard with players placed on the COVID-19 list since the start of training camp. They removed guard Quenton Nelson from the list Monday after he was in close contact with somebody who tested positive. Left tackle Eric Fisher, who is recovering from a torn Achilles, was placed on the COVID-19 list Aug. 26. Cornerback T.J. Carrie, offensive lineman Julien Davenport, defensive lineman Al-Quadin Muhammad and cornerback Xavier Rhodes have also spent time on the list. Reich and defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus tested positive for COVID-19 at different points in training camp.

The Colts, like every team in the league, will have to adjust on the fly if a player is forced to miss time due to the pandemic. No player will be under more scrutiny than Wentz, whom the Colts acquired from Philadelphia during the offseason, because of his unvaccinated status. He's coming off a season where he lost his starting job with the Eagles and he has participated in only five practices -- full and individual -- since the start of training camp due to left foot surgery on Aug. 2.

"He's worked his butt off, been a good teammate," Ballard said. "When the foot thing happened. I could see the frustration, but also saw another look. 'I'm playing. Let's get [the bone out] and let's go to work.' That's a good thing."

A player who won't be back anytime soon is receiver T.Y. Hilton. The veteran recently had surgery to address a disk injury. The Colts plan to put him on the injured reserve list, which means he'll miss at least the first three regular-season games. Hilton aggravated the injury in practice Aug. 25.
Hilton, 31, has been the Colts' No. 1 receiver throughout his nine seasons in Indianapolis, which include five 1,000-yard campaigns.

"He has a ton of relief, feels better," Ballard said. "One thing about T.Y. is, he's a pretty quick healer. I think he'll be back whenever he's ready to go. Always sooner rather than later with him."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Colts' Darius Leonard on not getting COVID-19 vaccine: 'I want to get more educated about it'
In early August, Leonard and the Colts agreed to a five-year deal worth $99.25 million

By Daniel Canova | Fox News

Fox News Flash top headlines for September 2
Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.
Indianapolis Colts linebacker Darius Leonard spoke to reporters on Thursday about being unvaccinated. The three-time All-Pro said not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is a "personal decision" and he believes in getting "comfortable with something" before putting it into your body.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
"I’m just a down South guy. I want to see more. I want to learn more," Leonard said via The Athletic. "I want to get more educated about it. Just got to think about it. Don’t want to rush into it. I’ve got to see everything. I’m listening to all the vaccinated guys here. I’m not – you see on social media – I’m not pro-vaxx. I’m not anti-vaxx. I’ve got to learn.

"When you don’t know about something, you’ve got to educate yourself more about it and figure out what it is, and you’ve got to make a decision from there. You’ve got to make sure you understand your decision and understand what’s going in your body and the long-term effects and stuff like that.
COLTS' CARSON WENTZ ELABORATES ON NOT BEING VACCINATED: 'IT'S A PERSONAL DECISION'
"I think once I get a grasp of it – just like the playbook – you’ve got to get comfortable with something. You can say, ‘OK, I’m going to put this in my body.’"
In early August, Leonard and the Colts agreed to a five-year deal worth $99.25 million, including $52.5 million guaranteed, which made him the highest-paid inside linebacker in the league.
Taken with the No. 36 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, Leonard had a league-high 163 tackles and was named honored as the Defensive Rookie of the Year. He was a first-team All-Pro in 2018 and 2020, and a second-team All-Pro in 2019.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Since entering the NFL, Leonard leads all inside linebackers with an average of 9.9 tackles per game, 15 sacks, and nine forced fumbles. He also has seven interceptions, which ranks second in the league at his position.

Last season, Leonard piled up 132 tackles and three sacks.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Carson Wentz weighing 'every pro and con' of vaccine after return from COVID list
Jason Owens
Thu, September 2, 2021, 4:28 PM·3 min read

A day after Indianapolis Colts general manager Chris Ballard spoke of the "consequences" of not being vaccinated, Carson Wentz returned to practice from the COVID-19 list.
He's still not sure about receiving a vaccine.
The Colts quarterback spoke at length with reporters on Thursday, describing his vaccination status as "a fluid process."
“This has been a fluid process for me this whole time," Wentz said, per the Indianapolis Star. ..."It’s a process. I’m weighing every pro and con out there. It keeps me up at night, and a lot of things go on inside my head, but it’s where we’re at right now.”
'I'm not going to act like I'm an expert'
Wentz declined to address the perceived cons of receiving a safe, FDA-approved vaccine that's proven highly efficacious against the impact and slows the transmission of a virus that's killed more than 640,000 Americans. He admitted that he doesn't know much about it.
"I’m not going to act like I’m an expert on a vaccine or a virus, so that’s just where we’re at,” Wentz added.

Carson Wentz returned from COVID-19 quarantine on Thursday after a close contact. (Marc Lebryk/Reuters)
'Frustrated' Colts brass urges players to get vaccinated
Wentz hasn't actually said whether or not he's received a vaccine. But his placement in a five-day quarantine this week after a close contact with an infected person is a status reserved for unvaccinated players. His All-Pro teammate linebacker Darius Leonard hasn't been vaccinated. He told reporters on Thursday he still needs more information.
As Wentz and some of his teammates missed practice this week while on the COVID-19 list, both Ballard and Colts head coach Frank Reich urged their players to get vaccinated.
"There's consequences to not being vaccinated," Ballard told reporters on Wednesday. "Do I think everybody should be vaccinated? Absolutely.
"I'm for the vaccine. Frank is for the vaccine. We have a lot of guys on our team who are for the vaccine. Is it 100% perfect? No. But it's a good thing."
After starters Ryan Kelly, Eric Fisher and Zach Pascal joined Wentz on the COVID-19 list, Reich had this to say:
“I’ve had a lot of conversations and I think it’s fair to say, at times, I get frustrated," Reich said on Tuesday. “I do try to listen and respect, but I also don’t shy away from saying what I believe and what I believe is right — the research that I’ve done."
In addition to the risks to public and personal health, declining a COVID-19 vaccine has the potential of significant football consequences in the NFL. Had Wentz been placed in quarantine during the regular season that starts next week, the Colts could've been without their starting quarterback for a game. If Wentz and enough of his unvaccinated teammates were part of an outbreak during the regular season, the Colts would forfeit a game, and players from both teams would forfeit their checks for the canceled game.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Report: NFL's COVID-19 vaccine rate at 93% after roster cuts
Jason Owens
Fri, September 3, 2021, 3:20 PM·1 min read

With less than a week before the NFL kicks off its season, the league's COVID-19 vaccination rate among players sits at 93%, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports.

The updated number reflect rates after Tuesday's deadline to cut rosters to 53 players and 16-man practice squads. The number represents no effective change from the pre-deadline rate of 93% reported on Aug. 26.

While Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Urban Meyer admitted that vaccination status played a role in roster decisions amid assumptions that the increased availability afforded by vaccines would do so league-wide, it appears that any such decisions didn't move the needle on the overall vaccination rate.

2 teams at 100%

Friday's report arrives a day after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers became the second team to announce a 100% vaccination rate among players. The Atlanta Falcons were the first to do so on Aug. 16.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell wears a sticker that reads "COVID-19 Vaccinated" at the NFL draft. (Kirby Lee/Reuters)

The Indianapolis Colts were among the league's laggards at 75% earlier this week, according to the Indianapolis Star. The Colts placed four starters in COVID-19 protocols this week, including quarterback Carson Wentz, whose placement in a five-day quarantine as a close contact indicated that he was not vaccinated. All-Pro linebacker Darius Leonard told reporters on Thursday that he's not vaccinated.

Declining a COVID-19 vaccine opens the door to significant football consequences in the NFL in addition to the inherent public and personal health risks. Teams with outbreaks among unvaccinated players that prompt a game cancelation will forfeit that game. Players from both teams would forfeit their checks for the canceled game.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Colts' Carson Wentz addresses vaccination status: 'It's a personal decision'
By The Athletic Staff
347 Comments

Colts quarterback Carson Wentz and linebacker Darius Leonard addressed their stances on vaccination, with both players calling it "a personal decision" and asking for respect.

"I'm not going to go in-depth on why, but it's a personal decision for me and my family," Wentz told reporters on Thursday. "I respect everybody else's decision and I just ask that everybody does the same for me. I know that's not the world we live in. Not everyone is going to view things the same. But no one really knows what's going on in someone else's household and how things are being handled."

On Monday, the Colts placed Wentz, who has not said if he's vaccinated or not, center Ryan Kelly and wide receiver Zach Pascal on the reserve/COVID-19 list. A source told The Athletic that all three players were close contacts of someone who tested positive.

Earlier on Thursday, the three players were activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Asked whether he's weighed the possible ramifications for the team and not just his family, Wentz said: "Trust me, I've weighed a lot of things. I know what's at stake. I know all those things.

"That’s just where I'm at, where I'm at with my family. That's why understanding the protocol to truly understand everything we can do to avoid what happened this week. It is what it is whether we agree."

Meanwhile, Leonard said he's neither pro-vaccination nor anti-vaccination and is still trying to gather information before making his choice.

"I think that's a personal decision of mine … I just want to see more, I want to learn more, I want to get more educated about it," he said. "I just have to think about it. Don't want to rush into anything. I just gotta learn.

"When you don't know about something, you have to educate yourself more about it and figure out what it is and make a decision. You have to make sure you understand your decision."

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Colts' Darius Leonard on not getting COVID-19 vaccine: 'I want to get more educated about it'
In early August, Leonard and the Colts agreed to a five-year deal worth $99.25 million

By Daniel Canova | Fox News

Fox News Flash top headlines for September 2
Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.
Indianapolis Colts linebacker Darius Leonard spoke to reporters on Thursday about being unvaccinated. The three-time All-Pro said not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is a "personal decision" and he believes in getting "comfortable with something" before putting it into your body.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
"I’m just a down South guy. I want to see more. I want to learn more," Leonard said via The Athletic. "I want to get more educated about it. Just got to think about it. Don’t want to rush into it. I’ve got to see everything. I’m listening to all the vaccinated guys here. I’m not – you see on social media – I’m not pro-vaxx. I’m not anti-vaxx. I’ve got to learn.

"When you don’t know about something, you’ve got to educate yourself more about it and figure out what it is, and you’ve got to make a decision from there. You’ve got to make sure you understand your decision and understand what’s going in your body and the long-term effects and stuff like that.
COLTS' CARSON WENTZ ELABORATES ON NOT BEING VACCINATED: 'IT'S A PERSONAL DECISION'
"I think once I get a grasp of it – just like the playbook – you’ve got to get comfortable with something. You can say, ‘OK, I’m going to put this in my body.’"
In early August, Leonard and the Colts agreed to a five-year deal worth $99.25 million, including $52.5 million guaranteed, which made him the highest-paid inside linebacker in the league.
Taken with the No. 36 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, Leonard had a league-high 163 tackles and was named honored as the Defensive Rookie of the Year. He was a first-team All-Pro in 2018 and 2020, and a second-team All-Pro in 2019.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Since entering the NFL, Leonard leads all inside linebackers with an average of 9.9 tackles per game, 15 sacks, and nine forced fumbles. He also has seven interceptions, which ranks second in the league at his position.

Last season, Leonard piled up 132 tackles and three sacks.

I hate when people say they need to be more educated like these scientists,virologists,epidemiologists and etc are lying but more willing to listen to non-experts on social media...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I hate when people say they need to be more educated like these scientists,virologists,epidemiologists and etc are lying but more willing to listen to non-experts on social media...

^^^^

and they are MILLIONAIRES with access to the BEST doctors

So when they tear up their knee...

they go see Dr. Andrews no questions asked right?

But the Dr. Andrews version of doctors and scientist are telling you stuff

but YOUTUBE s a MORE trusted source?

So a Cy Young winner with a potential 200 million dollar contract is gonna trust twitter and YouTube more then expert surgeons to repair his arm?

All these fools trash

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Buffalo Bills to require fans at games to be vaccinated against COVID-19

Buffalo Bills ownership has announced a new policy that will require all fans to be vaccinated to attend games at Highmark Stadium and KeyBank Center, home of the Buffalo Sabres, this season.

Pegula Sports & Entertainment, along with Erie County, announced Tuesday afternoon that beginning with the Sept. 26 game against the Washington Football Team, all fans ages 12 and up must have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine shot in order to attend. That rule will expand to requiring all attendees over the age requirement to be fully vaccinated starting with the October 31 game vs. the Miami Dolphins.
Masks will no longer be required for those above the age of 12 once the new policy is in place.

"If you do not want to get vaccinated ... that does not give you a right to go to a football game or a hockey game," Erie County executive Mark Poloncarz said. "If you want to go to the games, get vaccinated."

Poloncarz cited that this past week the county saw the highest number of positive COVID-19 cases since April.

While evidence of fans failing to comply with the indoor mask policy at the stadium during the Week 1 game against Pittsburgh circulated, that is not the direct reason why the new policy is being implemented. Poloncarz said that it did, however, make it "necessary," and that this decision would hopefully prevent the county from having to limit attendance numbers, as they did last year.

There will be a number of ways for fans to prove they are vaccinated, but photos or copies of vaccine cards will not be accepted. The physical vaccination card, New York state Excelsior Pass, clear digital vaccine cards and government digital vaccine proof from outside New York state will all be accepted.

The Bills become the fourth NFL team to ask fans to be fully vaccinated if they want to attend, joining three other teams: New Orleans, Seattle and Las Vegas. The Saints and Seahawks also recognize a negative test for admittance, while the Raiders do not.

Of those four teams, only the Seahawks and Bills have outdoor stadiums. Players will continue to be subject to the NFL policy.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

"Under league protocol, if Rodgers tests positive and is unvaccinated, he must quarantine for a minimum of 10 days and cannot return until Nov. 13 at the earliest, if he remains asymptomatic." – ESPN

Aaron Rodgers has been considered unvaccinated since beginning of NFL season, tests positive for COVID-19

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will miss his team's game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday November 7 after testing positive for COVID-19, according to multiple reports. Rodgers commented on COVID-19 vaccine requirements in the NFL at a press conference on August 26, stating “There’s guys on the team that haven’t been vaccinated. I think it’s a personal decision, I’m not going to judge those guys.” ESPN reports that Rodgers had petitioned the NFL to have an "alternative treatment" count as vaccination, but the NFL denied his request and has considered him unvaccinated since the beginning of the 2021-2022 NFL season.

FDSBEiOVcAUuUgu

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor

"Under league protocol, if Rodgers tests positive and is unvaccinated, he must quarantine for a minimum of 10 days and cannot return until Nov. 13 at the earliest, if he remains asymptomatic." – ESPN

Aaron Rodgers has been considered unvaccinated since beginning of NFL season, tests positive for COVID-19

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will miss his team's game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday November 7 after testing positive for COVID-19, according to multiple reports. Rodgers commented on COVID-19 vaccine requirements in the NFL at a press conference on August 26, stating “There’s guys on the team that haven’t been vaccinated. I think it’s a personal decision, I’m not going to judge those guys.” ESPN reports that Rodgers had petitioned the NFL to have an "alternative treatment" count as vaccination, but the NFL denied his request and has considered him unvaccinated since the beginning of the 2021-2022 NFL season.

FDSBEiOVcAUuUgu

Welp Rodgers is going to be in a world of trouble….I hope other unvaccinated players are looking at this

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

NFL suspends its COVID-19 protocols, citing national decrease in case count
BY ZOE CHRISTEN JONES
MARCH 3, 2022 / 6:00 PM / CBS NEWS

The National Football League and its players association have agreed to end the league's COVID-19 protocols, according to an internal memo obtained by CBS News on Thursday. Effectively immediately, players will no longer be required to follow the rules implemented at the beginning of the pandemic, making the NFL one of the first major sports leagues to drop its COVID-19 protocols.

The memo, sent to all NFL teams and staff, cited "encouraging trends regarding the prevalence and severity of COVID-19, the evolving guidance from the CDC, changes to state law and the counsel of our respective experts" as the reasons behind the change.

Teams are still required to follow current restrictions in their state, but the league has said it will no longer mandate the major provisions of its COVID-19 protocol, including testing, mask wearing, COVID-19 signage, isolation and room capacity limits. The move comes as states across America continue to see downward trends in COVID-19 cases and hospitalization rates.

Patriots players in masks on the bench during a game between the New England Patriots and the Arizona Cardinals on November 29, 2020, at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts.FRED KFOURY III/ICON SPORTSWIRE VIA GETTY IMAGES
Players who test positive will still be required to notify their teams but will only have to isolate for the CDC's recommended five days. Teams will also still be required to maintain a space in their club facilities for 10 "Mesa docks," where players can go if they report symptoms and need a COVID-19 test.

"We will continue to prioritize the health and safety of players, coaches and staff, as we have throughout the pandemic," the NFL Management Council said in a memo obtained by CBS News. "Should there be a reason to reimpose aspects of the Protocols or to take other measures, we will work closely with clubs, the NFLPA and our respective experts, and local, state and federal public health officials to continue to safeguard the health of the NFL."

Both the 2020 and 2021 NFL seasons took place without a single canceled game due to COVID-19, but several were postponed. During the spread of the Omicron variant several months ago, NFL officials emphasized their focus on guidance from the CDC and other health experts as the reasoning behind the schedule changes.