Sports that should be more popular than they are

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

SPEED SKATING - SHORT TRACK

Speed Skating short track is totally fucking awesome!! fast paced, quick lead changes, uncertain outcome, just look at all that action. Yet short track barely makes a blip during the winter olympics much less any attention at any other time.

I could see this sport being done with roller blades in the summer time. And being a serious contender sport on ESPN broadcasting.

JAI ALAI (pronouced HI-LIE for you ignant mofos)

Jai Alai looks like futuristic sqaush on steriods. Like a sport played in the Tron universe. With a funky handbasket and a ball speed clocked at over 120 mph serious injury is a ever present possibility. Why hasn't this sport gotten any further than Florida?

SEPAK TAKRAW

Sepak Takraw is essentially an unholy combination of volleyball and soccer but damn if it doesn't look exciting.

Last edited:

mike123

Rising Star
Registered
the first 2 arent popular for a reason
the third one could get popular if it got the right buzz
people into martial arts who dont want to get kicked in the head might wanna give it a try

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Why real fans can't afford to go see a bunch of games anymore it cost too much for good seats. The players are all millionaires, who roots for the rich?

Playoff Prices
At Camden Yards in Baltimore:

Cheapest Parking is $88
Cheapest Seats______$97 (Going by yourself?)

Years ago the players grew up in your neighborhood today many don't even relate to the average fan. Sports will always be popular but not like it was never will be again. Ever wonder why all the newer stadiums are smaller? The teams are catering to the rich. Checkout the prices for luxury boxes.

d-weezy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think rugby should be more popular in America. It's a much faster paced football without passing.

I also think cricket can be a second or third tier sport in America. Every one grew up playing stickball as kids and that's roughly what it is as a sport. It was confusing as hell to watch, but once I read how scoring took place it's a really great game to watch.

Most of these sports played in other parts of the world won't catch on here, because their either really seasonal or expensive to have as recreation.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the first 2 arent popular for a reason
the third one could get popular if it got the right buzz
people into martial arts who dont want to get kicked in the head might wanna give it a try

what are those reasons IYO

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
74333d1315219311-rugby-rugby-picture.jpg

*two cents*

mike123

Rising Star
Registered
I think rugby should be more popular in America. It's a much faster paced football without passing.

aint gonna happen lol

I also think cricket can be a second or third tier sport in America. Every one grew up playing stickball as kids and that's roughly what it is as a sport. It was confusing as hell to watch, but once I read how scoring took place it's a really great game to watch.

cricket is another goofy sport that is seen as a sport for "foreigners"
besides we already have one boring sport that has a bat an ball in it

Most of these sports played in other parts of the world won't catch on here, because their either really seasonal or expensive to have as recreation.

the real reason is that alot of these "sports" aint gonna catch on here cause they're just weirdo variations of shit we already have

what are those reasons IYO

the only sport on ice anybody cares about is hockey
everything else isnt considered a real sport to begin with

that second one looked like a mix of handball and that game they say the mayans used to play or some shit
who the fuck wants to do that for more than five minutes
shit i barely made it thru that one minute clip lol:smh:

Brother Blues

Deceased - Nov. 4, 2015
BGOL Legend
Lacrosse should be popular...

I had no idea about the sport,until my son was a soph in high school.

He came to me and said him and a several other players from the football team were gonna play.

After going to a game,I understood why....

It combines many football elements,it's fast,there's scoring and players get whacked thru-out.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I had no idea about the sport,until my son was a soph in high school.

He came to me and said him and a several other players from the football team were gonna play.

After going to a game,I understood why....

It combines many football elements,it's fast,there's scoring and players get whacked thru-out.

Jim Brown (yeah that Jim Brown) played it in college and is actually in the lacrosse HOF....it's a Native Sport which is why it really isn't popular but it is a fun/physical game that just needs the correct promotion and money behind it.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
How can you fuck up the great sport of basketball with this shit?
This is like basketball-ultimate frisbee.
:lol:

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Lacrosse,Hockey,and Rugby. The thing all these sports are missing are the black athletes.Imagine NFL quality athletes playing these sports.:eek:

Ray Lewis with a stick and some skates on?

you-got-knocked-the-fugg-out-o.gif

BRUHA

Star
football is too similar to rugby so theres no need for rugby

I disagree...me and my pops were watching the College Rugby 7s the other week and that shit was exciting as hell. At a high level, it has similarities to football, but there's enough of a difference to make it appealing. The constant action is amazing. I'd watch if it came on more often.