Sports TV Biz: 2023 ESPN layoffs have begun UPDATE: It continues in 2024

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
J-Will was terrible but tolerable with Max and Keyshawn. Shannon off Undisputed and now they're canceling KJM. 2 of my morning shows gone.

Do you think Keyshawn could be a Shannon Sharpe replacement on Undisputed?

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
J-Will was terrible but tolerable with Max and Keyshawn. Shannon off Undisputed and now they're canceling KJM. 2 of my morning shows gone.

I like J-Will, I was just sitting here thinking that I would love to see him on Inside the NBA with Shaq and Chuck, but because he's not "from that era" it may not go over too well..I'm not sure where I would put J-Will on the network right now. They could do something with him and Foxworth, but I don't know how that would go over.

I would put Kellerman in the MMA world and just let him chill there..thats his wheelhouse

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
I forgot this negro bed wench was still on their payroll, should have been axed YEARS ago, going to play that two Americans long game to keep herself with a job though.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
What’s sadly ironic, for all the shit they went through, Jemele Hill and Michael Smith would have been gone from ESPN anyway via layoff by this point in their careers there. Hill’s payout and Smith getting his full contract paid (while being mothballed for the last two years of it) ended up being a win, albeit financially only, for both IMO.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

A source familiar with the cuts tells The Hollywood Reporter that about 20 people are being notified today, including some big names that regular ESPN viewers will know.

Among the cuts, a source confirms, is Jeff Van Gundy, the channel’s top NBA game analyst, and a 16-year veteran of ESPN. Also departing are ESPN veterans Max Kellerman, Suzy Kolber, Keyshawn Johnson and Jalen Rose.