Steph curry should be arrested!!

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He was already the greatest shooter of all time before these Olympics.
All he did was just widen the gap between him and #2 after yesterday's game.

Cause various people would build Their franchise around reem, wilt, Jordan, magic, bird, lebron, Hakeem, etc first.. he is great but if you could pick certain players b4 him for certain scenarios you would.. excellent shooter and great scorer still when it’s all said and done
He’s top 10-15 all time. And if you are starting a team in today’s nba; he’s top 5!!!!!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Say his name, he ain't Candyman
@therealjondoe

a401daf09ce766497a86326d03eef2ba.gif

tumblr_nk1bkodzSU1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think there is a legit case for Klay.

Klay who?!

Did Ray Allen or Reggie Miller suddenly decide to adopt the nickname of Klay?

Or is there a new rapper named Kassius Klay that raps about being a shooter?

I know you not talking about Klay Thompson.

Don't get me wrong. He is a great shooter when in the zone. And dude had the most efficient 90 seconds ever recorded in the NBA........

But he's not about Reggie or Ray.......nope no way

And since I'm Cleveland biased, I'd even put Mark Price above him too, yeah I said it!

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Playoff Klay??

60 points on 12 dribbles Klay!!!

Klay who?!

Did Ray Allen or Reggie Miller suddenly decide to adopt the nickname of Klay?

Or is there a new rapper named Kassius Klay that raps about being a shooter?

I know you not talking about Klay Thompson.

Don't get me wrong. He is a great shooter when in the zone. And dude had the most efficient 90 seconds ever recorded in the NBA........

But he's not about Reggie or Ray.......nope no way

And since I'm Cleveland biased, I'd even put Mark Price above him too, yeah I said it!

You’re going well before my time with Mark Price— I know the dude had a good percentage but I don’t think of him as on Klay’s level.

I can respect someone putting Reggie or Ray above Klay but I honestly don’t think either of them were as good as him… And I started watching in the 90s as a Knicks fan so I have a very healthy respect for Reggie Miller.

I mainly think of Ray Allen with the Celtics and Heat and I would take Klay over him. I didn’t really see him with the Bucks when he was a #1 guy as Klay never was.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I’m not dissing anyone! Especially Reggie, that dude will always be a top ten basketball villain for me.
Man crazy as this might sound, when Mike stop playing I watched that Pacers faithfully. So, I get what you’re putting down

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You’re going well before my time with Mark Price— I know the dude had a good percentage but I don’t think of him as on Klay’s level.

I can respect someone putting Reggie or Ray above Klay but I honestly don’t think either of them were as good as him… And I started watching in the 90s as a Knicks fan so I have a very healthy respect for Reggie Miller.

I mainly think of Ray Allen with the Celtics and Heat and I would take Klay over him. I didn’t really see him with the Bucks when he was a #1 guy as Klay never was.

I feel you, I do, that

but let me say this. I admire Ray's game more because he didn't come into the game as a "pure" shooter. Ray would dunk, (not a dunk machine like Vince Carter but he could poster a mfkr if he wanted to), I don't recall how his inside/mid range scoring was, but I know early in his career, he didn't have that 3 point touch...... he took the time to develop it. Especially after "losing a step," and getting older.

Klay came in as a "splash bro,"..... but now that the league has adjusted to him and he's had some injuries/ "lost a step,"...... what is he going to develop and how is he going elevate his game?

nawlinsn931

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You mean 60 points in 12 games Klay

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I feel you, I do, that

but let me say this. I admire Ray's game more because he didn't come into the game as a "pure" shooter. Ray would dunk, (not a dunk machine like Vince Carter but he could poster a mfkr if he wanted to), I don't recall how his inside/mid range scoring was, but I know early in his career, he didn't have that 3 point touch...... he took the time to develop it. Especially after "losing a step," and getting older.

Klay came in as a "splash bro,"..... but now that the league has adjusted to him and he's had some injuries/ "lost a step,"...... what is he going to develop and how is he going elevate his game?

I think your first point made sense and the second was nonsense.

The league never caught up with Klay. A year ago, he was the ONLY player in the league to make over 300 3s. That was the 7th most all time, just a year ago. The league didn’t and couldn’t adjust to him, injuries have just hampered him, mostly on defense.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I feel you, I do, that

Klay body started catching up with him…

It’s not like folks shut him down or anything them legs shut him down…

Well that’s the way I looked at the situation

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Klay body started catching up with him…

It’s not like folks shut him down or anything them legs shut him down…

Well that’s the way I looked at the situation

Time will tell if he's able to develop and evolve around his new physical reality.....

The league never caught up with Klay. A year ago, he was the ONLY player in the league to make over 300 3s. That was the 7th most all time, just a year ago. The league didn’t and couldn’t adjust to him, injuries have just hampered him, mostly on defense.

Vince Carter was a dunk machine, a damn walking Posterizer. Any person in any game at anytime could be on the wrong side of a VC dunk. As he got older he developed a better mid range and even 3 pt shot.

Ray, while not quite as dominant in the paint as VC was moreso that type of player early into his career...... and he developed and evolved into the shooter he became which easily extended his career 5+ seasons.

With Klay and the new physical changes he has, what is there to evolve and develop into? He either has the touch and can shoot or he can't at this point. And as of late, he's been more off than on and on defense he's a liability.....which is why GS was even willing to let him go.

ny1800

Rising Star
Registered

Whoa shit that's not a good look. For any nigga to date Griner. Yea KD and Griner would make a 7 footer easily but dating her would be like dating Queen Latifa character in Set It Off. I thought he was dating Angel Reese for a sec from all their pics together.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yep Achilles and ACL injuries have really hurt him; before that he was a monster on both ends! He still has it in spurts though…

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Time will tell if he's able to develop and evolve around his new physical reality.....

Vince Carter was a dunk machine, a damn walking Posterizer. Any person in any game at anytime could be on the wrong side of a VC dunk. As he got older he developed a better mid range and even 3 pt shot.

Ray, while not quite as dominant in the paint as VC was moreso that type of player early into his career...... and he developed and evolved into the shooter he became which easily extended his career 5+ seasons.

With Klay and the new physical changes he has, what is there to evolve and develop into? He either has the touch and can shoot or he can't at this point. And as of late, he's been more off than on and on defense he's a liability.....which is why GS was even willing to let him go.

You’re comparing normal aging to typically career-ending injuries. Klay’s obstacles were beyond anything Allen and Carter ever faced.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Ray Allen was making 100 or more 3 pointers a season since he got in the league.. than he had several yrs with 200+ 3s made.. dude was hitting them at a 40 percent rate.. anybody that didn’t know that Ray been a jump shooter since college clearly wasn’t watching basketball.. I actually like Ray Allen more in college than I did Iverson .. Ray could kill you with the jumpshot, hitting you with the dribble than the jumpshot, or going to the hole and dunking it.. dude been the real deal.. in his later yrs he just settled more on the jumpshot than taking it to the hole.. dude been a legitimate sg his whole career most people just didn’t get to see his skillset cause the teams he was on.. in particular the bucks and sonics

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
One of my top ten “put a player in another player’s shoes” situations would be putting Klay on Reggie’s Pacers and seeing how he would do in his place. And what would the Warriors look like with Reggie instead of Klay? They’d be splash brothers but do defensive differences derail da dynasty?

(Another would be Tim Duncan as the #1 pick in 1985 and Patrick Ewing as the #1 pick in 1997.)

——————————————————​

Last edited: