Streaming Wars Explained: What Exclusives Each Service Offers (For What Price) ongoing...Update: 2023/2024 HUGE INCREASES

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Sports streaming venture from Fox, Disney and Warner Bros. priced at $42.99 a month

The goal is for Venu Sports to become available ahead of the start of the NFL season, which begins on Thursday, Sept. 5, according to a person familiar with the matter. Fox holds the rights to Sunday NFL games, while ESPN is the broadcaster of Monday Night Football.

By Lillian Rizzo, CNBC
Aug. 1, 2024

Venu-Sports-Pricing-Announcement.png

MV5BYzgxZmViNGUtNjVjZC00NjcyLWJhZDQtM2Q5NjRlNDZlMmMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE0MzQwMjgz._V1_QL75_UY281_CR2,0,500,281_.jpg

d06088e4-1200x640.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

@ViCiouS @blackbull1970 @Helico-pterFunk

This is a very big deal...

Might as well all merge at this point

Why get the AMC app?

I suspect that is what is gonna happen.

I saw earlier this week on Netflix main page they had a list of amc shows coming into the service.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I suspect that is what is gonna happen.

I saw earlier this week on Netflix main page they had a list of amc shows coming into the service.

^^^^

I thought it was error.

That was almost every "hit" show AMC has on their app. Why pay for that when you can just get a netflix subscription?

And I notice that Prime usually has those AMC shows for free for about month soon after their season ends on AMC.

I ended up watching Billy the Kid the same way on prime

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

@ViCiouS @blackbull1970 @Helico-pterFunk

This is a very big deal...

Might as well all merge at this point

Why get the AMC app?

All this streaming shit is a mess, Playa.

People can't even keep up with where stuff's available.

Hell ... the past few years it seemed like AMC was burying some of their stuff on AMC+ ...

I was talking to one of my friends the other day and he talked about some show on a PBS App or something. Fuck ... I started laughing. I think it was PBS, he said. Told him - "That's my first time ever hearing about that app or streamer ..."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
All this streaming shit is a mess, Playa.

People can't even keep up with where stuff's available.

Hell ... the past few years it seemed like AMC was burying some of their stuff on AMC+ ...

I was talking to one of my friends the other day and he talked about some show on a PBS App or something. Fuck ... I started laughing. I think it was PBS, he said. Told him - "That's my first time ever hearing about that app or streamer ..."

Basically folk gonna start to learn and mainstream pirating even more

Or

Just pay for as free Netflix and cancel the other apps because most of the stuff I want to watch inevitably ends up there.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Or

Just pay for as free Netflix and cancel the other apps because most of the stuff I want to watch inevitably ends up there.

Exactly.

People are tired of feeling nickel & dimed by all the big name streamers. Especially when alot of the younger & middle-aged people know where to track stuff down online.

Hell ... a few years back at work one of my coworkers asked the manager if it was cool to buy an Amazon fire stick for the worksite. He made sure she was ok with people streaming stuff, and she was cool with it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Funny site note @playahaitian

She wrote it off as a business expense on the company debit card. Head office / admin tops up everyone's accounts at the start of the month. I wonder if they Googled "Amazon fire stick" wondering what that purchase was for, haha?

I was asking a coworker why they don't just have credit cards at all the work locations. He said it was probably to deter overspending, etc. I said it's funny because our food budget is already quite big on a weekly basis. Especially the way food / grocery prices have climbed over the years.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Exactly.

People are tired of feeling nickel & dimed by all the big name streamers. Especially when alot of the younger & middle-aged people know where to track stuff down online.

Hell ... a few years back at work one of my coworkers asked the manager if it was cool to buy an Amazon fire stick for the worksite. He made sure she was ok with people streaming stuff, and she was cool with it.

They are CREATING a new generation of pirates.

And can't complain.

now 50+ even understand how to work the pirating machine

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

Or

There will be more mergers soon.

It will probably settle down to just Disney, Netflix and Amazon.

I can see Amazon getting control of some services. Those 3 services if you notice do not allow their original content on other platforms. Amazon owns FreeVee and puts some content on there.

The clock is ticking down for peacock, MGM+ and Paramount+

The question still remains on the future of cable television providers. There is a good chance they could start getting swallowed up in the near future.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
streaming USED to be a way to avoid the prices of cable....now once you factor in the price of internet and all these apps....you STILL paying what you were for cable....

glad i dont watch much tv at all any more and i dont give a damn about sports either

This.

I have a feeling there will be a resurgence with cable.

People like me who pay for cable, you aren’t paying for content, you are paying for convenience.

You pick up the remote and tune directly to what channel you want and it’s there.

Streaming has its advantages, but if there is a big demand on the network where you live, then you got to deal with buffering.

There have been rare times I’m watching streaming on my TV and shit plays like it did back during the 56k days if a shit load of mofos are in the network.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This.

I have a feeling there will be a resurgence with cable.

People like me who pay for cable, you aren’t paying for content, you are paying for convenience.

You pick up the remote and tune directly to what channel you want and it’s there.

Streaming has its advantages, but if there is a big demand on the network where you live, then you got to deal with buffering.

There have been rare times I’m watching streaming on my TV and shit plays like it did back during the 56k days if a shit load of mofos are in the network.

^^^^