Thandiwe Newton Issues Emotional Apology to 'Dark-Skinned Actresses': 'I'm Sorry I'm the One Chosen'

Pipe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Slightly confused here but shouldn’t it be Hollywood apologizing?

They chose her. Just like they choose everyone else of lighter color, and just like they choose to constantly tell racist stories.

What and why is she apologizing for?

If you British, and you don't know... then we definitely do not know.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They chose her. Just like they choose everyone else of lighter color, and just like they choose to constantly tell racist stories.

Hollywood should, but it goes even further. Racism has so many of us "screwed up" that we fight each other over something known as Colorism, and we may internalize it not realizing that we didn't cause the problem in the first place.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Da fuck she talking about. She always came off as the type to not to really fuck with black folk
Just live your life free of guilt and shame imposed by others.
Too much to see and do to worry about what others think.

Its the effects that "race science" has put on people...particularly people of African descent.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nah bruh.. Its always Black Americans fault. Imagine her filling a role created by and for Black American Women and then her lecturing down to those same women while playing victim. Then imagine accusing them of accusing you of taking their men when you've been married to and procreating with the cac for over 20 years.

These people are delusional man.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't know she was British but the should feel some guilt cause like I've said before their skipping over black actors and choosing them and it's like their being used so regularly we aren't seeing any new black actors at all;Hollyweird does what it does but some of these British actors have to realized their part in this new wave and curve it.

TP is doing his thing and even though I don't care for seeing Madea again at least he's giving folks a chance.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I didn't know she was British but the should feel some guilt cause like I've said before their skipping over black actors and choosing them and it's like their being used so regularly we aren't seeing any new black actors at all;Hollyweird does what it does but some of these British actors have to realized their part in this new wave and curve it.

TP is doing his thing and even though I don't care for seeing Madea again at least he's giving folks a chance.
Tyler Perry is controlled opposition.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
Pictures-Thandie-Newton-Her-Husband-Ol-Parker.jpg

Mad Genius

Avid CAC Slapper
BGOL Investor
Thandi Newton ain't the problem. It's stupid for darker skinned actresses to come at her like she's the issue when she's never been the dominant Black actress in Hollywood. She ain't taking ALL the roles. She's just an easy target and now she's crying and apologizing on the internet like she did something she wasn't supposed to do. The bullshit we pull on each other is fucking ridiculous. :smh:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thandi Newton ain't the problem. It's stupid for darker skinned actresses to come at her like she's the issue when she's never been the dominant Black actress in Hollywood. She ain't taking ALL the roles. She's just an easy target and now she's crying and apologizing on the internet like she did something she wasn't supposed to do. The bullshit we pull on each other is fucking ridiculous. :smh:
to quote kefta: Context of racism/white supremacy!!!

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor

Who's going at her?

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
man i thought it was the other one
who played nina simone

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She ain't black her dad is a cac her husband is a cac. She's never dated black men. You kneegrows need to stop she ain't us. That one drop rule was to give Cacs power over us. We don't accept that shit.

Last edited:

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
thandie is very emotional and conflicted.
she has a great heart and is a good person.
I wish her well and eventual peace within.